Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: National Basketball Association

Blog Entries

Default Re: National Basketball Association

IMO, the signifying monkey media are working overtime to create the Durant vs. Westbrook rivalry saga.

Can say that Westbrook didn't give up on OKC and abandon ship. He didn't get punked by Patrick Beverley or ZaZa (Gabor) Pachulia.

Got to give it up to Russell Westbrook's good leadership. Vast improvement in his demeanor toward the officials & overall attitude in recent games.

Notice, he got some very favorable calls @GSW.

This NEW ATTITUDE affects the Thunder's play on the court--it's contagious. Thunder will need to continue to work hard; maybe this will lead to some breaks down the road. Jerami Grant's showing signs of breaking out.

It will take time & repetitions to get the Thunder into the upper (1-4) Western Conference tier.

Blog Entries

NBA Re: National Basketball Association

2017 NBA COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT – PRINCIPAL DEAL POINTS

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/u...eal-Points.pdf

Power ranking all 30 NBA floor designs

29. Oklahoma City
    It doesn’t get much more drab than the floor in Oklahoma City. The muted blue that fills the key and out of bounds baseline and apron areas lacks intrigue, especially when paired with the light wood stain.
    http://www.si.com/nba/photo/2016/02/...-floor-designs

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    2017 NBA COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT – PRINCIPAL DEAL POINTS

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/u...eal-Points.pdf

Power ranking all 30 NBA floor designs

http://www.si.com/nba/photo/2016/02/...-floor-designs
    Pfft, I like the simplicity of our floor. The worst part about it IMO is the logo, which hopefully gets a refreshed look when Nike takes over.

4. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Just saw on ESPN that the Knicks wanted to trade Melo for Kevin Love but the Cavs weren't interested. Let's see, you give me a cancer and I give you a fairly decent player. NO! DUH!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSoftail View Post
    Just saw on ESPN that the Knicks wanted to trade Melo for Kevin Love but the Cavs weren't interested. Let's see, you give me a cancer and I give you a fairly decent player. NO! DUH!
    That's the size of it. Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets) was a thorn in the Thunder side when Brooks coached here. Now, that Melo is on the downhill slope of his skiing prime, New York wants to part with him.

Anthony has a 'no trade' clause in his current contract with 2 1/2 years remaining. Next they will be coming after Kanter or some other Thunder player.

Thunder needs to put the NBA on NOTICE that OKC isn't any NBA team's farm club. We may not be a BIG MARKET; but we are a BIG LEAGUE CITY.

Blog Entries

Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City, their incredible history together and a departure that will forever sting. --Anthony Slater, San Jose Mercury News.

Then the rest of the country rightly wonders: How can a fan-base be so venomous toward a man making a personal employment choice after delivering so much, so gracefully to a region for eight years?

The viciousness was silly. But the heartbreak was real and the sting will never leave. To so many in the state, Kevin Durant wasn’t just an athlete. He was a symbol. This wasn’t Shaq bolting from Orlando. This was the Liberty Bell leaving Philadelphia.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/0...forever-sting/

Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City, their incredible history together and a departure that will forever sting. --Anthony Slater, San Jose Mercury News.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/0...forever-sting/
    KD is most definitely not the most famous Oklahoman. What a dumb statement, he was never really an Oklahoman IMO, that title is designated for those born here. Several other comments I'd like to rip apart, but I'll just leave it at being a poorly written article.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    KD is most definitely not the most famous Oklahoman. What a dumb statement, he was never really an Oklahoman IMO, that title is designated for those born here. Several other comments I'd like to rip apart, but I'll just leave it at being a poorly written article.
    I don't agree at all that it's a poorly written article. It might lean too heavily on the old Oklahoma inferiority complex/Grapes of Wrath angle, and I think it draws a pretty accurate picture of where most Oklahomans sit with regard to KD's departure. Where I think the article leaves a *gaping* hole is that it leaves Durant *entirely unaccountable* for his role in what was done. Slater also omits the depths to which Durant personally ingratiated himself to the broader Oklahoma populace, talking about having his jersey retired here, and the way those comments were integral in fostering the relationship Oklahoma had with KD. It wasn't like the state was some swooning teenager. He encouraged and perpetuated the perception, along with his restaurant, his mom, the broad persona with which he was glad to be identified.

It also says absolutely nothing of the way KD's mother has simply disappeared from Durant's framework, or how his "inner sanctum" has changed to people who certainly had no small influence on his turn against Oklahoma City.

It's a *decent* article, but its also incomplete.. Its omissions belie the fact that Slater is now a writer for the team KD now calls home. And that, as much as anything, probably explains why he handled the KD side with kid gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I don't agree at all that it's a poorly written article. It might lean too heavily on the old Oklahoma inferiority complex/Grapes of Wrath angle, and I think it draws a pretty accurate picture of where most Oklahomans sit with regard to KD's departure. Where I think the article leaves a *gaping* hole is that it leaves Durant *entirely unaccountable* for his role in what was done. Slater also omits the depths to which Durant personally ingratiated himself to the broader Oklahoma populace, talking about having his jersey retired here, and the way those comments were integral in fostering the relationship Oklahoma had with KD. It wasn't like the state was some swooning teenager. He encouraged and perpetuated the perception, along with his restaurant, his mom, the broad persona with which he was glad to be identified.

It also says absolutely nothing of the way KD's mother has simply disappeared from Durant's framework, or how his "inner sanctum" has changed to people who certainly had no small influence on his turn against Oklahoma City.

It's a *decent* article, but its also incomplete.. Its omissions belie the fact that Slater is now a writer for the team KD now calls home. And that, as much as anything, probably explains why he handled the KD side with kid gloves.
    My reasoning for calling it poorly written is due to everything you said about what was left out. My intent was not to judge his grammar and punctuation in the traditional sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post

One of the best rebuttal arguments I have read. Well stated

An article in the San Francisco Chronicle:

http://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/...y-10924752.php

Blog Entries

Lillard's game winner lifts Trailblazers over Rockets.

Thunder's next game will be in Portland, Thursday, March 2.

Lillard's game winner lifts Trailblazers over Rockets.

Thunder's next game will be in Portland, Thursday, March 2.
    Portland played Detroit last night...?

14. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Looking like KD is out the rest of the regular season with a knee injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Portland played Detroit last night...?
    I saw that this morning on the highlight NBA highlight reel.

My Bad, went back to look at when this ghost game was played, couldn't find it on this year's schedule. What's more embarrassing OkiePoke, I can't recall where I found this video

Found it; that game occurred in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Looking like KD is out the rest of the regular season with a knee injury.
    Looks like KD will be back, maybe in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Looks like KD will be back, maybe in the regular season.
    That would be good for KD. It would be really embarrassing to win a ring literally sitting on the bench in a suit.

A few stories floating out there, one I just read said in 4 weeks his knee would be re-evaluated. That is the soonest time frame of return, or it could be later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    A few stories floating out there, one I just read said in 4 weeks his knee would be re-evaluated. That is the soonest time frame of return, or it could be later.
    So, Durant will miss the Dubs game in OKC on March 20th. Well, let's hope Westwolf doesn't go off on ZaZa Pachulia.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    That would be good for KD. It would be really embarrassing to win a ring literally sitting on the bench in a suit.
    I can't imagine that that team could win a ring without Durant on the floor. They would have one of the worst benches for a champion in a long time. Golden State is arguably only 7/8-deep with deep playoff quality players. You make that 6/7 deep and take away the fact that the advantage they have is that 3 of those players are Historically great offensive talents...I just don't see how they'd have the horses...especially because that front court relies on Durant playing the 4.

Ibaka and Lopez FIGHT!

This turned out to be a great game! Toronto came back to win in overtime!

Blog Entries

Serge Ibaka sent a message to his nemesis Matt Barnes who thinks he could kick Ibaka's ass. "You got a lot of ass to kick."

Blog Entries

Western Conference: 2nd round - San Antonio Spurs vs. Houston Rockets.

30 point deficit!

Game 1 @San Antonio: Rockets 69 Spurs 39 (Half-time)

Houston just may be a tougher match-up against the Spurs than predicted. I know it's early; however the Thunder looked better against the Rockets 4 of 5 games in the first half than the Spurs.

Popovich is mesmerized.

Western Conference: 2nd round - San Antonio Spurs vs. Houston Rockets.

30 point deficit!

Game 1 @San Antonio: Rockets 69 Spurs 39 (Half-time)

Houston just may be a tougher match-up against the Spurs than predicted. I know it's early; however the Thunder looked better against the Rockets 4 of 5 games in the first half than the Spurs.

Popovich is mesmerized.
    We can thank Thunder ownership and Management for our being able to watch all our former players Excel (Durant, Harden, Ibaka).. The period of the big 3-4 in OKC will forever be a reminder of the INEPT player Management. All our castoffs are either Starting or contributing big time.
    Sam Presti is good, the owner is ok but those two cost the franchise what could have been the greatest run by a franchise in a new location in history.
    The Thunder will suffer the consequences of those poor decisions for years.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    We can thank Thunder ownership and Management for our being able to watch all our former players Excel (Durant, Harden, Ibaka).. The period of the big 3-4 in OKC will forever be a reminder of the INEPT player Management. All our castoffs are either Starting or contributing big time.
    Sam Presti is good, the owner is ok but those two cost the franchise what could have been the greatest run by a franchise in a new location in history.
    The Thunder will suffer the consequences of those poor decisions for years.
    You are one big ray of sunshine. Our management had no control over 5 year contract options, salary cap, etc determined by the league. Lots of factors play into player movement.

We can thank the Thunder ownership for having a team in OKC.

Thread Information