Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Development on Sooner Rd. between 44th and 59th?

1. Default Re: Development on Sooner Rd. between 44th and 59th?

well soon enough we'll see some structure and it wont be a mystery. I'm hoping for a market and not an express. Lord knows we don't need a dollar store, we need a grocery store!

Default Re: Development on Sooner Rd. between 44th and 59th?

The Express ones I have seen are only around 11,000 - 12,000 square feet so this should be a full neighborhood market as the new one in Norman is around 42,000 square feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    I would have to agree with others that I'm 99% sure it will be a Walmart just don't know why it is a big secret as most Walmart plans I have seen for the state usually scream Walmart.

i don't know the details of the Norman Supercenter that is being built, but i thought i read that it was kept under wraps until the last minute to avoid community protests and locals (which happened buy were small and unsuccessful) from raising hell that ANOTHER WalMart was being built, lowering property values, bringing excess traffic, etc etc.

Surely they wouldn't be thinking that same strategy is needed here, right? I mean, "I'M" no WalMart fan, but i don't think they will have to worry about protests in the Mid-Del area...the WalMarts here have seemingly done very well for the locals.

4. Default Re: Development on Sooner Rd. between 44th and 59th?

The old gas station at 240/Sooner has some major dirt work going on now too. The plot is big enough to be an OnCue...hehehe. Doubt it with one 3 miles up the road, but with Phillips/7-11 (unless they close sooner/44th and move it, which is a possibility), Valero, and Sinclair near by there aren't a whole lot of other brands to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    The old gas station at 240/Sooner has some major dirt work going on now too. The plot is big enough to be an OnCue...hehehe. Doubt it with one 3 miles up the road, but with Phillips/7-11 (unless they close sooner/44th and move it, which is a possibility), Valero, and Sinclair near by there aren't a whole lot of other brands to go in.
    That one absolutely is an OnCue....

Quote Originally Posted by easternobserver View Post
    That one absolutely is an OnCue....
    I assumed it was the Immediate Care Clinic they have a "Coming Soon" sign for. I take it that it will be built between the hwy and the service road instead then?

Quote Originally Posted by narrowexpanded View Post
    I assumed it was the Immediate Care Clinic they have a "Coming Soon" sign for. I take it that it will be built between the hwy and the service road instead then?
    Not sure about the Immediate Care but there is a building permit for OnCue with a Sooner address....

It is an MVG Neighborhood Market, with a gas station in the parking lot. Currently one under construction and another in Enid as well. That's all I know as well from the plans I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    It is an MVG Neighborhood Market, with a gas station in the parking lot. Currently one under construction and another in Enid as well. That's all I know as well from the plans I have seen.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but...MVG appears to be the name of the Denver based developer, NOT the name of the grocery store.

I believe this is what is being referred to above when its mentioned that the name of the store is not being used, only the developer and "neighborhood market."

All signs are pointing to this being a WalMart Neighborhood Market. A google search of "MVG neighborhood market" is bringing up stories of walmart grocery stores being built in Virginia. That is all anyone appears to know at this time.

It very well may be a WM, but I have yet to see a WM concept not be plainly noted as such on any plans for construction. See recently the recent WM Neighborhood Markets bid in Yukon and Norman.

It pretty much HAS to be Wal-Mart because in OKC, there really isn't anything else it could be. Knowing the market strategy of Crest, Homeland, Uptown, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Natural Grocers, that location doesn't fit any of them. It's not likely a new player would pick a location like that to enter the market.

12. Default Re: Development on Sooner Rd. between 44th and 59th?

Narrow - Immediate Care is on the other side of 74th, on the little plot between the offramp and 74th. Since it's said "coming fall 2014" for over a year, I'm a bit less optimistic that they're actually going to build anything. It would be difficult to open any type of construction before the end of the year, regardless of how small it is. I'm guessing they ran out of steam and gave up, which is unfortunate. It would be nice to have an urgent care around the area.

13. Default Re: Development on Sooner Rd. between 44th and 59th?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Narrow - Immediate Care is on the other side of 74th, on the little plot between the offramp and 74th. Since it's said "coming fall 2014" for over a year, I'm a bit less optimistic that they're actually going to build anything. It would be difficult to open any type of construction before the end of the year, regardless of how small it is. I'm guessing they ran out of steam and gave up, which is unfortunate. It would be nice to have an urgent care around the area.
    I think they are having some utility issues with that Immediate Care site.

I guess the mystery will be solved soon enough...walls are up...construction is in full swing. Still. No. Indication. EXACTLY. what this "store" will be. Regardless of all signs pointing to it being a WMNM, then why all the secrecy?

15. Default Re: Development on Sooner Rd. between 44th and 59th?

I'm still leaning on WMNM, if you compare the structure layout to the one on Reno, you'll see a similar small set of openings on one end of the front (entrance/exit). No other windows or anything.

Looks/Smells/Acts like a WMNM to me....

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    It very well may be a WM, but I have yet to see a WM concept not be plainly noted as such on any plans for construction. See recently the recent WM Neighborhood Markets bid in Yukon and Norman.
    Confirmed it is a WMNM...had me fooled since the other ones recently built weren't named like this.

Thread Information