Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robin Williams passed away....

Default Re: Robin Williams passed away....

If there's such a thing as Heaven then Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters are on stage making God and the Angels laugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Off the top of my head I would have to order it like this:

1. Harold Ramis
    2. Phil Hartman
    3. John Candy
    4. Robin Williams
    5. Chris Farley

I noticed that the celebrity deaths that seem to instill the greatest since of loss are the ones who made us laugh.

With you 100% on these. The most tragic of course are the self-inflicted ones. If only they knew, truly, what they meant to us, perhaps they'd still be with us. But the ones like Phil Hartman (which I was re-lamenting about to my kids -- who will never know his greatness like we do -- last night), where he was senselessly/selfishly murdered. That should be a high crime (not that we can do anything about it since his wife then took her own life). Depriving a generation of people of joy should be taken much more seriously than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    August 2014 officially sucks a big one.
    Yesterday I lost a very dear friend.
    Today I lost one of my favorite entertainers.
    Not looking forward to what may bite about tomorrow.
    So very sorry about your friend, Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    August 2014 officially sucks a big one.
    Yesterday I lost a very dear friend.
    Today I lost one of my favorite entertainers.
    Not looking forward to what may bite about tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    So very sorry about your friend, Kevin.

I'm with PQ, sorry about your friend.

RW had so many good movies but I am thinking Bicentennial Man was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    With you 100% on these. The most tragic of course are the self-inflicted ones. If only they knew, truly, what they meant to us, perhaps they'd still be with us. But the ones like Phil Hartman (which I was re-lamenting about to my kids -- who will never know his greatness like we do -- last night), where he was senselessly/selfishly murdered. That should be a high crime (not that we can do anything about it since his wife then took her own life). Depriving a generation of people of joy should be taken much more seriously than it is.
    No being murdered is a lot more tragic than selfishly taking your own life. Williams took the easy way out.

nm

Quote Originally Posted by td25er View Post
    No being murdered is a lot more tragic than selfishly taking your own life. Williams took the easy way out.
    Don't think there is anything easy about chronic depression and the hopeless feelings that go with it. Not trying to compare the two but are people with a deadly disease that choose to end their lives selfish and taking the easy way out, it's still suicide? It's not my position to judge Mr Williams or his decision but I do know the suffering that chronic depression causes the person and their families, it's reported that he suffered from it for over a decade. If he was a killer and choose to end his life rather than going to prison then yes I agree that person took the easy way out but say that about someone who suffered from depression for many years and gave so much to others is simply not understanding how depression can take a person over.

9. Default Re: Robin Williams passed away....

To add another layer to all of this... Robin Williams Had Parkinson's Disease, Wife Reveals In Touching Statement

So depression, addiction, and Parkinsons. That is a lot for anyone to deal with. At the end of the day, the outpouring of support and sorrow for his passing has greatly outweighed the douche bags who will be who they are. I just feel sorry for his daughter and the attacks she has been getting from those idiots.

10. Default Re: Robin Williams passed away....

I love comedy, it is one of my favorite genres, but it takes a lot for me to laugh, Robin was one of those few comedians to do that. If you haven't already watch the two hours of Inside the Actor's studio. I get out of breath watching that.

I always wonder what what would have happened if the likes of Farley, Hartman, and Belushi would have lived. There are still four projects that will come out over the next few years with Robin in it, and talks for a second Doubtfire. I think he could have lived for another 20 years.

Carlin was another comic who could make me laugh, but at least there was closure with his death since it was at a natural end. I can say that I got to see him live for stand-up, and I am glad I finally did, it was when he was testing material for his final special, still reading from paper, and refining his craft.

Perhaps Robin did not want to go through the final stages of PD. You know Hollywood would have wanted to do a few specials and wheel him out like they did Richard Pryor. What he did is an extremely personal decision and absolutely no one else knows what went through his mind. All I know is I will miss him.

12. Default Re: Robin Williams passed away....

Thread Information