Widgets Magazine

Thread: Recommendations for a concrete contractor (patio).

1. Default Recommendations for a concrete contractor (patio).

We are having our wood deck ripped out and want to replace it. Its about 630 square feet and kinda shaped like the state of Oklahoma or a small hatchet.

We were looking at replacing the original wood deck with either composite or concrete. After seeing one of our neighbor's concrete patio we decided that is our preference (plus its cheaper than composite).

We've got one estimate from a guy that replaced a large portion of a relative's driveway and he did a good job at a good price. But I like to get 3-4 estimates before doing any job of this size (probably $6,500 to $10,000 for the patio alone depending on the contractor and esthetic details picked).

Like I said, its about 630 sq. feet, we want it stamped with rounded brushed edges and need two sets of stairs. The patio is on a slight hill, so dirt and sand will need to be brought it.

I'm then going to rock the sides myself.

Anyone have a good concrete guy they can recommend that does this sort of work?

Default Re: Recommendations for a concrete contractor (patio).

We used Rileyconcrete.net for our stamped patio addition. We used Bill's Concrete for our driveway re-do with a stamped edge and he gave us an estimate for the patio but David's was less. This has been several years ago.

I've never used this guy personally, but our company has multiple times with good results. Steve Tabor Construction. Big gentle giant of a man.

Are you wanting stamped concrete?

5. Default Re: Recommendations for a concrete contractor (patio).

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Are you wanting stamped concrete?
    Yeah, I prefer stamped over brushed. Our neighbors have what I call a 'rain drop' texture on their's (random indentions of varying sizes that look like rain droplets).

My mom recently had a patio and sidewalk poured at her home and just had it brushed. Looks okay, but not nearly as nice.

Love to see a picture. We just had a good sized sidewalk put in by Green Country. I don't know if they do stamped but we were pretty happy with the outcome.

Thread Information