Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldi

Default Re: Aldi

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I hope the Edmond store also expands. If you look at the European stores, they have a fresh bakery. Is it too much to hope for? They also need to expand their fresh meat selection. If they would double their fresh meat, add refrigerated produce and add the usual beer and wine selections, there would still be space. I see that they are adding more healthy choices of foods.
    The Stillwater Aldi is also in the process of expanding.

The Edmond Aldi renovation is underway. The inside of the store has rearranged and reduced some of the food items during the renovation. It appears they are expanding out east towards RCB Bank and Kelly. A temporary entrance was being constructed today on the south side, just to the west of the original main entrance. Timeline will probably follow closely of the Penn/Memorial store renovation.

Does anyone know if the Moore Aldi will be remodeling/expanding? Winco is just right down the street you have to think it is on someones mind to do something

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Moore Aldi will be remodeling/expanding? Winco is just right down the street you have to think it is on someones mind to do something
    You would think so as they seem to be hitting all the area stores.

Moore is on their own building permit system so not as easy to stay up on what is in the pipeline there. But they could have already filed for a permit and we just don't know about it.

terryinokc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Any clue what the plans for Rockwell and NW expressway are? That store doesn't have ability to expand that I can think off. Was in Pennsylvania/Memorial store this weekend it is much nicer after the remodel.
    The store at Rockwell and Northwest Expressway is taking over part of the liquor store to the west of it.

Visited the expanded Aldi at Penn/Memorial yesterday. The store is much more open and much less of the up and down an aisle as in the past. They did rearrange where some of the items are located compared to the previous setup. For example, breads and pastries are on the first aisle when walking in, where it use to be closer to frozen foods. The overall store has a fresh look, but they kept the yellow floor tile. The interior roof is now dark with some accent lighting and much brighter signage throughout to help you locate items and showcase different sections of the store. The aisles are also much larger for navigating and there is some more "breathing" room at the front of the store entrance. The employees who were stocking the shelves were very helpful in locating the new location of items.

Here are press photos similar to how the Penn/Memorial store now appears:
    https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin/...ds_Section.jpg
    https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin/...ry_Section.jpg

Something interesting, the Penn and Memorial store had an employee outside at the cart collection and running out to the parking lot to collect shopping carts as customers finished loading groceries into their cars. I imagine this is for the grand re-opening to help new customers who didn't bring a quarter?

Thanks for the info!

Looks much better IMO.

I wish they would get busy on the N. May store.

I also shopped the grand re-opening of the Penn & Memorial store yesterday. I overheard that some of the extra employees were from other locations and were just there to help out. I imagine the number of working employees will still number three after the newness wears off. I noticed that the wider aisles have led to shoppers hogging the whole aisle. I recently viewed a YouTube video of the new Lidl grocery that opened in North Carolina and noticed an eerie resemblance between Lidl and the newly redesigned Aldi store.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks for the info!

Looks much better IMO.

I wish they would get busy on the N. May store.
    You and me both!!. that will be a true Game changer for me!

Looks like they had to re-bid the N. May store.

Hopefully they found an acceptable bid and this project will start moving forward.

terryinokc Guest

Do you think this is just a temporary set back or maybe a sign it won't be happening?

Quote Originally Posted by terryinokc View Post
    Do you think this is just a temporary set back or maybe a sign it won't be happening?
    It's not uncommon to re-bid projects.

I'm sure this is still going forward.

terryinokc Guest

Thanks Pete. That's good news. I was in the 23rd & MacArthur store yesterday. Construction fence is up on east side of the building and all items from the east wall inside the store have been moved to other aisles.

14. Default Re: Aldi

I was under the impression Aldi was going to go in at Mayfair, but nothing yet. Maybe they changed their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    I was under the impression Aldi was going to go in at Mayfair, but nothing yet. Maybe they changed their mind.
    Still going forward.

Demolition has started at the future Mayfair site:

I was so excited to see demo when I passed last night!

Will be such a great addition to the neighborhood.

So many great options now from my place near 50 Penn: Sprouts at 63rd & May; Natural Grocers near that; Sam's at 39th & May; Winco at 39th & Portland; Trader Joe's at 63rd & Western; Whole Foods near there; Target at 50th & May

Within 2 miles I have the best grocery shopping in OKC. And perhaps the best retail shopping as well with Penn Square nearby, a great Lowe's at 39th & May, Sam's, Target and tons more.

How much of that physical structure are they going to end up using?

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    How much of that physical structure are they going to end up using?
    Zero. Will be a complete new building resembling all the other Aldi locations in town.

Zero. Will be a complete new building resembling all the other Aldi locations in town.
    Which is kind of sad, it's a shame they couldn't've gutted the building and used it as is, but that costs more $$$ and Aldi doesn't spend any more than bare minimum, I'm guessing.

Sorry, I phrased my question very poorly. The footprint of that current physical structure, will Aldi consume the entirety of that footprint?

^

This is the site plan; it will take up basically the entire old footprint of the building being demolished:

As of this morning, the south building is completely gone. Wish a Crest was going in there instead of an ALdi.

The building permit has already been issued on this N. May site so hopefully construction will start soon.

Thread Information