Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Pappadeaux

Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    There was a Landry's on NW Expy many years ago. Not long after we went there, it closed, and I think the location became a Joe's Crab Shack. It closed and was torn down years ago IIRC.
    Landry's was built about 25 years ago on the south side of NW Expressway just west of MacArthur. It lasted less than a year before it was converted to a Joe's Crab Shack. We loved Landry's and did not care for Joe's. Joe's was torn down about 2 years ago along with the old Harry Bears that was a pawn shop and replaced with a new office building.

On the southeast corner of memorial and Hwy 74 there’s construction going on with Smith and Pickel. Looks like the area I thought was Pappadeux but it may be just west of their spot. Know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    On the southeast corner of memorial and Hwy 74 there’s construction going on with Smith and Pickel. Looks like the area I thought was Pappadeux but it may be just west of their spot. Know anything?
    Pappadeux still owns their land.

Directly west, construction has started on a 3-story Memorial Park Healthplex.

Maybe this encourages them to go ahead and build?

^

Pappadeaux had full plans drawn and set to go, then they backed out and put the land for sale.

I believe the company is having internal problems and there has been absolutely no forward movement on this parcel for several years, so I'm not optimistic.

6. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Pappadeaux had full plans drawn and set to go, then they backed out and put the land for sale.

I believe the company is having internal problems and there has been absolutely no forward movement on this parcel for several years, so I'm not optimistic.
    ^^^^^
    I think the pandemic has hit them very hard and they have closed a number of locations. There may also be more like me, who rated it my favorite restaurant, but they simply became too expensive for what you would get.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    ^^^^^
    I think the pandemic has hit them very hard and they have closed a number of locations. There may also be more like me, who rated it my favorite restaurant, but they simply became too expensive for what you would get.
    the issues pete mentioned were way before the pandemic

Pete, it does look like the construction is on this pad site. I don’t see any for sale signs around this area anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Pete, it does look like the construction is on this pad site. I don’t see any for sale signs around this area anymore.
    The construction is not on the Pappadeux land.

It is on land directly to the west. Papadeaux took down their for sale sign years ago and they still own it.

Ah okay so that’s for the medical center then you mentioned.

Every time this thread gets bumped, my mouth starts watering. You guys are cruel. Cruel indeed.

12. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Ate at Brent's Cajun in Edmond this weekend and thought what l had, crawfish ettoufe and fried shrimp, were excellent. I highly recommend based on those dishes.

Mugofbeer,
    I totally agree. I have always enjoyed Pappadeaux's in Texas, but we don't have one and Brent's is very good. I think Pappadeaux has more on their menu but I believe Brent's is a little better.
    C. T.

Thread Information