Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pappadeaux

Default Re: Pappadeaux Seafood Restaurant here in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Pappadeaux's was my favorite place to eat for many years and their food is still excellent. My last 3-4 times, however, l saw them raise their prices to near-ridiculous levels. For example, a plate of fried shrimp and fries - $32. Shrimp isn't so expensive as to justify that kind of price. I can't speak for fish prices but it just got to the level l wasn't going to pay that. A bowl of shrimp or crawfish etoufee, which l love - $22.

Their liquor pour's are typically like going to Salt Lake City. Small pours but have become very expensive. $18 for a shot of Crown on the rocks. Even the bartender rolled his eyes and commented it's gotten ridiculous.

Unfortunately, l just don't see OKC paying their new prices.

I found two, small, locally-owned cajun places nearby and now frequent them.
    Mug, trust me, I will keep them in business if they come here.

2. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Brian,
    Showing your age a little bit. Zuider Zee? Seems like they closed in the late 60's or early 70's. It (and Der Dutchman) were pretty good but not great. I believe we have a lot better now.
    C. T.
    p.s. But like you, I still miss them.
    Had to be the late 70s. I went on dates there quite a bit and that had to be 75 to 77.

Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm sorry, but Pappadeaux is on a different level. Their menu is way more complete, their facilities are much nicer, and across their menu, the food is just better. I think our local offerings are just fine, but not at the same level. They will have to step up their game. Will be good for everyone if Pappadeaux comes to market here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    loveOKC… I'm sorry, but all of those alternatives PALE in comparison to Pappadeaux. I wonder why Landry's hasn't come here yet either ???
    I get it, I’ve been to Pappadeaux on many occasions and I have enjoyed it. But again the local favor is just as good. Let’s just say I’m not missing Pappadeaux in Oklahoma. It would be great if they came and I would partake, but its not that groundbreaking of a difference and I can live without it.
    Last edited by loveOKC; 01-06-2020 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Double quote

loveOKC… I'm sorry, but all of those alternatives PALE in comparison to Pappadeaux. I wonder why Landry's hasn't come here yet either ???
    Wasn't Landry's here for a short time? I think it was just West of Macarthur on Northwest Expressway. I never went there so I could just be dreaming.
    C. T.
    p.s. Maybe in the place that became Joe's crab shack?

ctchandler… that may be before I moved to OKC in 2003. All I remember was Joe's Crab Shack in that area. I think Landry's would do well here in OKC, probably up in Memorial Rd. area, or in Edmond. They are an expanding company, as they are attempting to buy the Houlihan's chain out of bankruptcy.

Best news I've heard all day!

Quote Originally Posted by okcfoodie1972 View Post
    Best news I've heard all day!
    Sorry what news is there? Doesn't seem to be anything definitive either way?

ctchandler… that may be before I moved to OKC in 2003. All I remember was Joe's Crab Shack in that area. I think Landry's would do well here in OKC, probably up in Memorial Rd. area, or in Edmond. They are an expanding company, as they are attempting to buy the Houlihan's chain out of bankruptcy.
    There was a Landry's on NW Expy many years ago. Not long after we went there, it closed, and I think the location became a Joe's Crab Shack. It closed and was torn down years ago IIRC.

I would like to see a Bonefish Grill within 20 miles of Norman.

I wish Tilman would give us just one Bubba Shrimp Company. We are due for a nice restaurant here.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    There was a Landry's on NW Expy many years ago. Not long after we went there, it closed, and I think the location became a Joe's Crab Shack. It closed and was torn down years ago IIRC.
    SoonerDave,
    After I posted my comment I got to thinking about it and I remember asking my mother if she wanted to go there for lunch, so I know for a fact that Landry's was there. Sad thing was, my mother preferred a place at NW Expressway and I-44 that ended up closing and became Pepperoni Grill or something like that. It's now a Clark's Barbecue.
    C. T.

Joe's Crab Shack is/was owned by Landry's.

Salt Grass is owned by Landry's

I just got a card in the mail to come check out the new menu at Saltgrass Steakhouse. I didn't know they were Landry's version of Outback (just like Bonefish Grill is Outback's version of Landry's).

15. Default Re: Pappadeaux

I just got a card in the mail to come check out the new menu at Saltgrass Steakhouse. I didn't know they were Landry's version of Outback (just like Bonefish Grill is Outback's version of Landry's).
    Bonefish is far, far better than Landry's IMO.

On New Years Eve we ate at the new concept "Pappas Delta Blues Smokehouse" on the North Dallas Tollway. Mostly BBQ but they had a number of other offerings like steak, chicken fried steak, salmon and some others. The restaurant like most Pappas restaurants was very nice and the food was excellent but a bit pricey. The fries I had with my burger which was a blend of ground beef and brisket were possibly the best I've ever had. I have to mention something I've never seen before and I apologize to the ladies who might be reading this. A lot of us guys have been in restrooms where they have ice in the urinal. At this place when you walk up to the urinal, the floor below is some type of grate that you stand on while doing your business. The grate is filled with ice so as you stand there you fill the "coolness" coming from the floor. A little different but kinda "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Bonefish is far, far better than Landry's IMO.
    I really like Bonefish. I was never a fan of Landry's. There's one in Fort Smith, Arkansas and I don't see how it's that much better than Pearl's.

https://www.facebook.com/RLandrysNewOrleansCafe/

bchris02, whatever you went to in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, is not the real Landry's Seafood that I am speaking about. I just pulled up their website and they don't have a restaurant in Arkansas. See this link:

https://www.landrysseafood.com/locations.asp

Funny, for whatever reason I have made it a habit to stop at the one in El Paso whenever I pass through. I've been a few times and it is pretty good. I figured they were a chain but didn't realize their reach. I agree a Landry's would be nice for the OKC area.

If OKC could land In-N-Out, Shake Shack, Pappadeaux, McCormick, Bonefish, and Rainforest Cafe, El Pollo loco, Tacos Gavilan, Johnny Rockets, Fogo de Chao, White Castle, and Whalburgers I would be pretty happy with restaurants in OKC.

Plutonic Panda, ironically McCormick and Rainforest Café are both now owned by Landry's according to their Wikipedia entry.

Wow, didn't know that. I wonder if any of those places have expanded at all. The Rainforest Cafe is just a great atmosphere and the food is okay but nothing to write home about. I know White Castle has built a couple new locations around the LV metro so I wonder if that signals an expansion. OKC would be a good market for them.

Landry's has a ton of concepts that you wouldn't realize. They own the Golden Nugget and the Post Oak Hotel in Houston. I stayed at the Post Oak last year and it was easily one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. On the flip side, they bought my favorite place, Morton's and have managed to take them downhill as far as service and quality
    https://www.landrysinc.com/concepts/

23. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Wasn't Whiskey Cake a Rainforest Cafe for a brief period? I seem to remember it being some sort of adventure themed restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Wasn't Whiskey Cake a Rainforest Cafe for a brief period? I seem to remember it being some sort of adventure themed restaurant.
    Wasn't it something like The Elephant Bar?

^

Yes, It was built and operated as Elephant Bar then converted to Whiskey Cake.

Thread Information