Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pappadeaux

Default Re: Pappadeaux

Looks like the site on Memorial might be up for sale. There is a "For information" sign on the property listing a Houston area telephone #.

Is this project dead or on hold?

Pappadeaux is now trying to sell the property.

Don't know why they changed their minds because they drew up the plans, received approval then bought the land.

Very strange. Do you think they may have changed their minds on the entire market or just that location? Maybe they will go to Chisholm Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Very strange. Do you think they may have changed their minds on the entire market or just that location? Maybe they will go to Chisholm Creek?
    No.

I think they decided not to come to Oklahoma for some reason.

May be their own internal issues.

6. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Could it be they decided the market just isn't right. We live not far south of the Kilpatrick off Rockwell. We eat out way too much. We hit almost every restaurant from Penn to Rockwell along the Kilpatrick at least once a month. It wasn't long ago that on weekends there was waiting at almost any of them at 6:00. Anymore they never seem to fill up on a regular basis.

I personally think Pappadeauxs would be a home run anywhere in OKC, but this location was a little strange.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No.

I think they decided not to come to Oklahoma for some reason.

May be their own internal issues.
    I don't have particular insight on their thoughts of OK, but they used to only add stores when they had properly trained and plentiful management and key staff. Originally it was family.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    I personally think Pappadeauxs would be a home run anywhere in OKC, but this location was a little strange.
    I agree Nick, it's an awkward site for sure

I am going out on a limb here, but I am thinking Pappas Restaurant Group, along with most retailers and restaurants with a large Houston presence is being harmed by the oil downturn and probably want to make sure they can maintain sales at their existing locations. I only say that because a good friend of mine works for the corporate office of Neiman Marcus and, being a Texas based luxury retailer, they are getting absolutely slammed right now despite their sales doing okay outside of the region. Similar things are happening with Brinker Group (i.e. Chilis).

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    I am going out on a limb here, but I am thinking Pappas Restaurant Group, along with most retailers and restaurants with a large Houston presence is being harmed by the oil downturn and probably want to make sure they can maintain sales at their existing locations. I only say that because a good friend of mine works for the corporate office of Neiman Marcus and, being a Texas based luxury retailer, they are getting absolutely slammed right now despite their sales doing okay outside of the region. Similar things are happening with Brinker Group (i.e. Chilis).
    Yeah and the timing couldn't be worse....Chili's, I think, is having to overcome what I think was a really misguided redesign/refocus of their entire chain. They changed essentially their entire format, dropped a lot of popular items, and I think lost a lot of customers. Trying to get them back in this econ climate is no small trick. I know our family just dumped Chili's a few years ago and it used to be a routine haunt for us....but I guess I'm kinda diverting the thread, sorry

I'm still hearing the Tulsa location is moving forward.

Default Pappadeaux Seafood Restaurant here in OKC.

Hey All...

My wife and I were in Texas(don't want to get the manager in trouble-so I won't say who or which restaurant) at at a Pappasitas Mexican restaurant. We use to live in Houston and always enjoyed Pappasitas Mexican restaurant. Anyways we were eating in one of their establishments and I asked the manager if they had heard any "new" news on the Pappadeaux opening in OKC or if it had completely stopped.

The manager told me Pappas(the company name) was scheduled to open in 2019 but had pushed the opening date up....not sure when but it will open. Pappas was focused on their new BBQ concept called Pappas Delta Blues Smokehouse, The manager told me the OKC restaurant is still a go for the seafood restaurant but not 100% sure when.

I just hope that if they build the Pappadeaux first here in OKC, their Mexican restaurant will follow quickly!!!

Part of an article:

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen plots first Oklahoma City location
    Restaurant development heats up along Oklahoma City's Memorial Road
    Published Tuesday, August 12, 2014
    by Brianna Bailey
    Houston-based restaurant chain Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen has plans for a new 14,000 square-foot restaurant on a three-acre site at on the south side of W Memorial Road at Memorial Park Drive.

The Oklahoma City Planning Commission on Thursday will consider plans for the new seafood restaurant. Pappadeaux specializes in Louisiana-style seafood. It is owned by the Houston-based private restaurant group Pappas Restaurants Inc.

Pappas operates more than 80 restaurants under several different brands in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Ohio and Georgia.

Link to their new BBQ restaurants:
    http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/re...kehouse-plano/

Default Re: Pappadeaux Seafood Restaurant here in OKC.

I believe they had plans at the intersection of Memorial and Lake Hefner Parkway, but they sold the land.

Default Re: Pappadeaux Seafood Restaurant here in OKC.

I hope they build in OKC. That would be amazing.

16. Default Re: Pappadeaux Seafood Restaurant here in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I believe they had plans at the intersection of Memorial and Lake Hefner Parkway, but they sold the land.
    Pappadeaux's was my favorite place to eat for many years and their food is still excellent. My last 3-4 times, however, l saw them raise their prices to near-ridiculous levels. For example, a plate of fried shrimp and fries - $32. Shrimp isn't so expensive as to justify that kind of price. I can't speak for fish prices but it just got to the level l wasn't going to pay that. A bowl of shrimp or crawfish etoufee, which l love - $22.

Their liquor pour's are typically like going to Salt Lake City. Small pours but have become very expensive. $18 for a shot of Crown on the rocks. Even the bartender rolled his eyes and commented it's gotten ridiculous.

Unfortunately, l just don't see OKC paying their new prices.

I found two, small, locally-owned cajun places nearby and now frequent them.

Pappa's Restaurants still owns the property Memorial near Lake Hefner Parkway.

See the first post in this thread from 2014 where they submitted plans for a Pappadeaux at that site but then let it drop.

They have had the property for sale for some time and I've not seen any movement to indicate this is moving forward again.

I agree that Pappadeaux would by far be the best Seafood place compared to what we have now. Red Lobster has been going downhill for years. I miss going to Der Dutchman/Zuider Zee back in the 70-80s

I used to eat at red lobster like a religion. For whatever reason I just stopped back in 2010ish and didn’t eat there for a couple years. I went back one day and the food was awful and they changed ingredients on many of their items. I’ve gone back a few times since and each time the food is almost inedible.

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    I agree that Pappadeaux would by far be the best Seafood place compared to what we have now. Red Lobster has been going downhill for years. I miss going to Der Dutchman/Zuider Zee back in the 70-80s
    Trappers and the Drake are both great alternatives to Red Lobster locally.

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Brian,
    Showing your age a little bit. Zuider Zee? Seems like they closed in the late 60's or early 70's. It (and Der Dutchman) were pretty good but not great. I believe we have a lot better now.
    C. T.
    p.s. But like you, I still miss them.

Jersey Boss,
    I haven't been to the Drake but I really enjoy Trappers.
    C. T.

We have much better alternatives. I too used to wish Pappadeaux would come to Oklahoma, but with Off the Hook, Fish City, The Shack, Cajun Corner, Pearls,Poe Bouyz House, Bourbon Street, Magnolia Bistro, Rew Orleans, Brents and Sams we’ve got plenty to fill the void.

Wow! Typing that out Oklahoma has a lot of cajun food restaurants, I know I have forgotten plenty of them.

loveOKC… I'm sorry, but all of those alternatives PALE in comparison to Pappadeaux. I wonder why Landry's hasn't come here yet either ???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loveOKC View Post
    We have much better alternatives. I too used to wish Pappadeaux would come to Oklahoma, but with Off the Hook, Fish City, The Shack, Cajun Corner, Pearls,Poe Bouyz House, Bourbon Street, Magnolia Bistro, Rew Orleans, Brents and Sams we’ve got plenty to fill the void.

Wow! Typing that out Oklahoma has a lot of cajun food restaurants, I know I have forgotten plenty of them.
    I'm sorry, but Pappadeaux is on a different level. Their menu is way more complete, their facilities are much nicer, and across their menu, the food is just better. I think our local offerings are just fine, but not at the same level. They will have to step up their game. Will be good for everyone if Pappadeaux comes to market here.

Thread Information