Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pappadeaux

Default Re: Pappadeaux

ton of dirt moving in that general area, not sure if it's this specific site though, haven't seen any bids advertised for it

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    ton of dirt moving in that general area, not sure if it's this specific site though, haven't seen any bids advertised for it
    Village North - OKCTalk

Never mind. That'll teach me to not check whether I'm on the last page or not!
    Last edited by SoonerFP; 04-08-2015 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Pete beat me to it!

Eagerly waiting for Pappadeaux. Any day now Pappadeaux. Any news? I guess I'll have to go there when I'm in Dallas for the time being.

Briana Bailey said this might not happen. Pete, any news about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That's not what she said. Just said they haven't returned her messages.

They bought the land and have approved plans. They are just taking their time for some reason.

Oh, I actually had a friend tell me that, I probably should have verified first. Glad to hear they are moving forward. This is so cool for OKC!

I know every Pappadeaux I've been in is top notch, so they can all the time they need. It will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Oh good grief, man.

What is the hold up on this development? I know they bought and secured the land. This was announced back in August 2014.

Briana says this isn't happening just yet.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen doesn?t have plan for Oklahoma City | News OK

I still think it gets built or why else would the submit for building permit.

Have they submitted a full building permit or just a letter of intent?

What she said is she can't get confirmation from Pappadeaux corporate, which doesn't mean anything.

They bought the land have developed detailed plans that have already been submitted to the planning commission.

They could file building permits at any time, but I don't when that will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What she said is she can't get confirmation from Pappadeaux corporate, which doesn't mean anything.

They bought the land have developed detailed plans that have already been submitted to the planning commission.

They could file building permits at any time, but I don't when that will be.
    My wife worked for Pappas for a long time (Pappas Burger), she has spoken with someone who would know and he assured her a Pappadeux is coming. Pappas is a very well run company and I'm sure they are getting all ducks in a row so they don't have to worry about too many surprises. Also they will bring in staff from other Pappadeuxs to ensure the restaurant preforms to the Pappas standard. Patience everyone, it will be worth it! Especially after they see how well it does and Put a Pappas Cantina next door!

This is what Brianna said, which isn't quite the same as asking for a confirmation.

I have called Pappadeaux several times to try and get an update on their plans, but they won't return my calls. I'll try again soon to see what is going on.
    It sounds more like she is trying to get information on their timing rather than trying to find out if it's still going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    This is what Brianna said, which isn't quite the same as asking for a confirmation.

It sounds more like she is trying to get information on their timing rather than trying to find out if it's still going to happen.
    I was wrong here. She said later in the chat that she had a response from them and asked them if they were still going to open in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I was wrong here. She said later in the chat that she had a response from them and asked them if they were still going to open in OKC.
    And I think the response (she asked via twitter and they responded via twitter) from them was "no, sorry, no plans". Sorry, but I can't verify because my employer blocks whoever newsok uses for their chats, even the transcripts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    And I think the response (she asked via twitter and they responded via twitter) from them was "no, sorry, no plans". Sorry, but I can't verify because my employer blocks whoever newsok uses for their chats, even the transcripts.
    I think this is what you are referring too. From Brianna's chat:

'Oh, wait--just heard from Pappadeaux on twitter: " We are so sorry you haven't heard back from our corporate team. We don't have a plan in place just yet for Oklahoma City!"'

Tulsa location is moving forward now. I heard that they are wanting to open the Tulsa location first then move to OKC.

Very disappointing if that's true.

Well then they won't get any of my money...until they open lol

Love that place!

21. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Just spent $78 bucks there this weekend

Any news regarding this lately?

They owned the property and have received approval from the planning commission.

Not sure why they haven't started yet other than perhaps other more high-priority locations.

Any news on when the Tulsa location will open?

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Any news on when the Tulsa location will open?
    I don't think they have even had a building permit filed. We have and this still hasn't happened. What is the hold up?

Thread Information