Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pappadeaux

Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
    if they can replicate the cedar plank salmon served at their location in sugarland, tx i will be eating there at least once a week.
    Why wait. Do it at home. Save money and amaze your family and friends. Cedar Grilling Company: The Art of Planking

We used to do this at some camp events back when sleeping on the ground on purpose was still fun.
    More resources:
    https://www.google.com/#q=cook+fish+on+cedar+plank

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I shared this page on FB as soon as I saw it because I have a friend who I knew would be excited about it…I've seen several other people share the thread and none of them were shared from my page, so I know it's making the rounds outside of me sharing it
    Thus far, the OKCTalk post about this on Facebook has been shared over 450 times and has reached almost 50,000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thus far, the OKCTalk post about this on Facebook has been shared over 450 times and has reached almost 50,000 people.
    Goes to show how many Texans are living in OKC since they are based in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Goes to show how many Texans are living in OKC since they are based in Texas.
    Or how many OU and Ikea fans discovered pappadeaux during their pilgrimages across the red?

5. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Yeah, Pappadeaux has long been a destination for Okies heading down for OU-TX and other DFW visits, which probably has a lot to do with the outsized excitement here. You surely wouldn't see the same excitement in a place like Kansas City, for instance. It's the same reason I look forward to Texas de Brazil (though I would be more excited by Fogo de Chao).

This is great news! I love that place. Finally some good seafood in OKC!

I'm excited at the Good Egg seafood restaurant coming soon (hopefully). Memorial Rd. Is a good location for this though.

Tulsa location should be announced soon. Look for the midtown area.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yeah, Pappadeaux has long been a destination for Okies heading down for OU-TX and other DFW visits, which probably has a lot to do with the outsized excitement here. You surely wouldn't see the same excitement in a place like Kansas City, for instance. It's the same reason I look forward to Texas de Brazil (though I would be more excited by Fogo de Chao).
    Would love for a fogo to go into bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by In_Tulsa View Post
    Source?

why do you think that?

It has been rumored to be located in Midtown Village off I-44 near Promenade.

Quote Originally Posted by zachj7 View Post
    This is great news! I love that place. Finally some good seafood in OKC!
    Kind of a shame that Pearl's (or anybody else) couldn't do it locally and we had to wait on a national chain to come here, but I'll end up eating there eventually, we liked the one in the west burbs of Chicago, ate there a couple of times.

^^^^

good news about the sushi bar moving to memorial as I love eating there, just hate driving to no man's land in Edmond to do so. at least it is a little closer to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Kind of a shame that Pearl's (or anybody else) couldn't do it locally and we had to wait on a national chain to come here, but I'll end up eating there eventually, we liked the one in the west burbs of Chicago, ate there a couple of times.
    I love Pearl's, and wish they would give a Norman location another try.

Gosh.. 14,000 SF? That is freaking HUGE!

Yea this is massive... Like get lost, massive.

I wish they would have built this just a bit further west. (Macarthur or so) But, pretty excited its coming to OKC.

Will this be next to Top Golf?

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    Will this be next to Top Golf?
    No, TopGolf is south of Memorial on the west side of Western at Chisholm Creek. This will be almost three miles west of that.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    No, TopGolf is south of Memorial on the west side of Western at Chisholm Creek. This will be almost three miles west of that.
    Ahhh yes thank you!

23. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Dang...Memorial Rd yet again. Well might as well not exist for most of OKC then with it being that far north. Too bad we couldn't have gotten it more central or something. It's got great food, but im sure not driving up to Memorial for an etufe.

This is really exciting. I love all of the Pappas restaurants. They are the only real chains we enjoy visiting. We have really missed their restaurants since moving here from Houston. Their food is constantly high quality and their service is typically very good as well. I'm hoping that when they see how well they do here with Pappadeaux's, they will put in a Pappositos's as well. They tend to put in 2 or 3 of their restaurants in close proximity to each other. A Pappa's Burger would be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Dang...Memorial Rd yet again. Well might as well not exist for most of OKC then with it being that far north. Too bad we couldn't have gotten it more central or something. It's got great food, but im sure not driving up to Memorial for an etufe.
    +1. . .at least not very often

Thread Information