Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pappadeaux

Default Re: Pappadeaux

I'm so glad to hear they are coming here. It's one of the few restaurants from DFW that I honestly miss. I hope that some time down the road that they bring some of their other restaurant concepts such as Pappasito's Cantina and Pappas Bros. Steakhouse.

I love seafood and fish. I also love "Cajun" cuisine. The name of this place implies a lot of both. And it looks like a very nice type of restaurant. So just how "spendy" is it? In the neighborhood of about $20 for an entrée? Is it one of those (generally wonderful) $100 for dinner for two (with a couple of drinks and maybe a glass of wine)?

3. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I love seafood and fish. I also love "Cajun" cuisine. The name of this place implies a lot of both. And it looks like a very nice type of restaurant. So just how "spendy" is it? In the neighborhood of about $20 for an entrée? Is it one of those (generally wonderful) $100 for dinner for two (with a couple of drinks and maybe a glass of wine)?
    We ate at one in Dallas in 2011. Being on vacation, we were splurging, so we didn't worry too much about cost. That said, we spent about $90 (tip included). I'm sure it's possible to get out of there for less than that if you don't go overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    We ate at one in Dallas in 2011. Being on vacation, we were splurging, so we didn't worry too much about cost. That said, we spent about $90 (tip included). I'm sure it's possible to get out of there for less than that if you don't go overboard.
    How many people is "we"? That makes a big difference in how expensive $90.00 is.

5. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Just 2 - my wife and I.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    Just 2 - my wife and I.
    Was it good?

7. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Was it good?
    It was good. Being 3 years ago, I don't remember what we ordered exactly, but we were impressed.

8. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Their etouffe is out of this world (shrimp or crawfish). Clam chowder is the best. Anything fried or blackened is wonderful. Greek salad is made by your table and is delicious. They turned me onto fired alligator appetizer that is excellent. 2 with drinks will be $80 -100

It's a not a cheap place....

It's about the same price as Cheever's/Metro. It's not super fancy, but it's perhaps a tad above casual. $20 to $35 entrees, but those come with sides.

Should do well on memorial rd and being so close to gaillardia and all the hospitals.

Finally! This is huge!

Pappadeaux's is a solid catch! I live about 1/2 mile from one of their restaurants in Plano. Always busy and love the atmosphere. I am usually stuffed after eating there, however, if you get dessert, their cream brulee is spot on! Etoufee, Shrimp, Crab!! Good to see OKC expand their dining options, and I am sure it is going to be successful!

14. Default Re: Pappadeaux

That's what everybody said when we got a Cheesecake Factory. And PF Chang's. And 25 years ago when we got an Olive Garden. No offense to everyone who is thrilled - and yes, I have eaten at Pappadeaux and agree it's a great chain with good food - but I think we tend to set our collective sights on places like this as evidence that we've "arrived" as a city, and then after the initial buzz proceed to ignore them. Not to say it won't be packed; I'm sure CC and Chang's are still quite busy. But the euphoria will be short-lived.

I just get more excited these days when some great new local place appears, and I'm glad our local food scene is so dynamic right now. When Anthony Bourdain or the like visit major cities around the world to explore their food scenes, they aren't stopping at the Pappadeux in Dallas.

I don't disagree, Urbanized…but this and Texas de Brasil are two particularly exciting announcements in the last 6 months because they both fill voids in our market. Depending on how fast this gets built, Pappadeaux could end up being the first real seafood restaurant in OKC.

By no means does it mean we have arrived. We're still a couple types of restaurants away from having arrived, but it's a long process and a lot has been done in the last 15 to 20 years to slowly help educate OKC's collective palate where we'll be ready for the things we really need to "arrive". That being said, none of these are the types of restaurants we need to see to arrive. But they are restaurants that are hard to put together locally because their menu can be expensive and the buying power of a chain helps us get something of high quality at a lower price.

Teo,
    Did you ever eat at Boca Boca or Bodean's? I enjoy Pappadeaux, but to say they could end up being first, they're too late. I would choose Boca Boca for seafood over Pappadeaux. Now, throw in the Cajun/Creole food, and it would be Pappadeaux, hands down!
    C. T.

After re-reading your post, it appears you mean Pappadeaux is the first real seafood restaurant of the new seafood restaurants coming to town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Pappadeaux could end up being the first real seafood restaurant in OKC.
    Last edited by ctchandler; 08-09-2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Possible misunderstanding of Teo's post

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I don't disagree, Urbanized…but this and Texas de Brasil are two particularly exciting announcements in the last 6 months because they both fill voids in our market. Depending on how fast this gets built, Pappadeaux could end up being the first real seafood restaurant in OKC.

By no means does it mean we have arrived. We're still a couple types of restaurants away from having arrived, but it's a long process and a lot has been done in the last 15 to 20 years to slowly help educate OKC's collective palate where we'll be ready for the things we really need to "arrive". That being said, none of these are the types of restaurants we need to see to arrive. But they are restaurants that are hard to put together locally because their menu can be expensive and the buying power of a chain helps us get something of high quality at a lower price.
    Well to be fair OKC has never had a shortage of places you can get deep fried Catfish or other gulf style cuisine. Don't get me wrong I love Pappadeaux but if that is not your style then you will be disappointed with it. I would be more excited about The Drake if you are looking for a good well rounded seafood restaurant.

I would agree that this is another high quality option that has come to OKC, but it is not a game changer to show "we've arrived" by any means.

18. Default Re: Pappadeaux

This is great news. Pappadeaux is always on the list of places to visit when I'm in the DFW area.

Oklahoma Seafood Buffets -

2-4 pies
    2-4 salads including potato salad and mac/cheese salad
    1-2 Soups
    Fried Popcorn Shrimp
    Fried Clam Strips
    Fried Catfish
    Frog Legs (a few, by no means all)
    Meatloaf
    Fried Chicken
    Salisbury Steak in gravy
    Corn
    Mashed Taters
    Cream Gravy and Brown Gravy
    Greens
    Carrots

Did I miss anything ... other than seafood that did not start out pre-breaded and frozen?

Have never eaten here, but have heard good things. Looking forward to trying it out, although I am not much on seafood.

21. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Keep in mind, its not just seafood but Cajun

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Oklahoma Seafood Buffets -

2-4 pies
    2-4 salads including potato salad and mac/cheese salad
    1-2 Soups
    Fried Popcorn Shrimp
    Fried Clam Strips
    Fried Catfish
    Frog Legs (a few, by no means all)
    Meatloaf
    Fried Chicken
    Salisbury Steak in gravy
    Corn
    Mashed Taters
    Cream Gravy and Brown Gravy
    Greens
    Carrots

Did I miss anything ... other than seafood that did not start out pre-breaded and frozen?
    also fried okra

I don't usually pay attention to these numbers - but they have jumped out at me in this thread. Pete posted this Friday at around 4:30 in the afternoon. In around 32 hours, there have been almost 13,000 views! That shows a real interest in Pappadeaux and says a lot about the reach and influence of OKCTalk. Has a thread ever been read so many times in such a short time, Pete?

I shared this page on FB as soon as I saw it because I have a friend who I knew would be excited about it…I've seen several other people share the thread and none of them were shared from my page, so I know it's making the rounds outside of me sharing it

if they can replicate the cedar plank salmon served at their location in sugarland, tx i will be eating there at least once a week.

Thread Information