Widgets Magazine

Thread: I Want Pie!

Default I Want Pie!

Posted: Aug 06, 2014 5:11 PM CDT
    Updated: Aug 07, 2014 7:04 AM CDT
    By: myfoxdfw.com Staff - email

A man claimed he purchased every pie at a Burger King, 23 in total, to spite an absentee mother and child who kept screaming he wanted one of the pies.

The man posted his confession on Reddit and the story has gone viral online.

The man said he stopped by a Burger King to get lunch and had a headache before he walked in. The next people who got in line were a mother and child, who was noisy and crying and repeatedly screamed, “I want a f---ing pie!”

The man said he had to wait in line longer than usual for fast food due to staff being trained during the lunch hour. The long wait allowed for his headache to turn into a migraine with the screaming child behind him.

At one point he asked the mother if she could get the child to be quiet, but she told him to stop trying to raise her child and got back on her cell phone.

So he decided to get revenge on the pair.

“I order every pie they have left in addition to my burgers. Turned out to be 23 pies in total, I take my order and walk towards the exit. Moments later I hear the woman yelling, what do you mean you don't have any pies left, who bought them all? I turn around and see the cashier pointing me out with the woman shooting me a death glare. I stand there and pull out a pie and slowly start eating eat as I stare back at her. She starts running towards me but can't get to me because of other lineups in the food court. I turn and slowly walk away.”

The man said he ate some of the pies and gave the rest to his coworkers.

Default Re: I Want Pie!

Though part of me can relate, only part of me. The head hurts, there is a noisy child, the head hurts more, and yet he not only stays in line, for grub 1/2 step or so above grub you can nuke at an off brand convenience store, he plots and exact revenges on a mom who did not teach her child manners ... by depriving the child.

I think I would have simply gotten out of line and gone to one of the many other fast fuel eateries instead of loading up on poor excuses for pie.

Makes one wonder if the phone messages in his office have ever included this one: Massengill called. Please return canoe.

3. Default Re: I Want Pie!

I like pie.

4. Default Re: I Want Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I like pie.
    I like turtles.

6. Default Re: I Want Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I like pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by eatokc.com View Post
    I like turtles.
    I love ... lamp.

This obviously just more reddit make believe. What's truly amazing about this missive is this is the fourth or fifth time it's been presented to me for my consumption. And this time on an Oklahoma City centric message board. I have to admit though I never knew that adults spiting children makes for such great click bait. Live and learn.

8. Default Re: I Want Pie!

This reminds me of something I heard a comedian talking about on the radio the other day. The comedian said that he was in a lengthy line at a concession stand at Disneyworld or wherever, and some other guy steps up to the counter with his young son, apparently at a second register that nobody knew was operational, bypassing everyone else in line. He raises a fuss and objects to the employee manning the register, saying that they are endorsing cheating or something like that and he ends up asking to speak with a manager. The manager comes by, and after listening to his objections, offers him a free cupcake for his trouble (lol). He takes the cupcake, turns around and looks at the little boy, takes a big bite of the cupcake and says "Hey kid, let this be a lesson to ya...cheaters don't get free cupcakes." and he walks off.

Of course it was funnier when he told it.

9. Default Re: I Want Pie!

This story was on the Today show this morning as well, they left out some of the details like what happened after he bought them, make believe or not, even the media producers fell for the story.

I didn't know Burger King had pies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I didn't know Burger King had pies.
    Desserts | Snacks | Menu | BURGER KING®

You can tell its fake in the first sentence when he said he waiting in line at Burger King.....

Thread Information