Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Restaurants in your regular rotation

Default Re: Restaurants in your regular rotation

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Wow, that's an insane amount of money spent on eating out! We only eat out once or twice per week total - on Fridays for lunch on our way to grocery shopping at Uptown, on Saturday afternoons, and maybe once or twice more per month. Which is why I can't really post a list 'cos we eat at too many new-to-us places and only have a few regular ones now and just not enough, period, to make a decent list.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    After looking at all these lists I must be sitting beside half of you every night. We eat out WAY more than we probably should, typically 6 nights a week for dinner and every day at lunch.

Our usual stops in no order;

Picassos
    Loaded Bowl
    En Croute
    Empire
    Goro
    The Press
    Revolucion
    Tuckers
    Jonnies, OG and Urban
    Yuzo - Probably our favorite.
    Republic
    VZD's
    Saturn Grill
    Bedlam bbq
    Iguana
    Cultivar
    coolgreens
    Panang 2
    I want your life so bad. Thank you for keeping the OKC restaurant economy afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Any hidden gems in towns like Purcell, Paul’s Valley, or other areas along I-35 you know about?
    This is nowhere near I-35, but if anyone is ever in Wilburton, OK, Mexican placed called Adelita's was really good. Was driving through with the family and stopped here to get some food. Not sure if I was just really hungry, but I was kind of blown away at how good it was. Wife said there are a few locations in that part of the state.

Hefner Grill
    The Press
    Hall Pizza Kitchen
    Interurban
    360 Restaurant
    Hatch
    Broadway 10

Since I'm a hobby cook, we don't dine out very often but when we do it's usually at one of these places:

Casa Perico (Penn Location)
    Ingrid's Kitchen (Original Location)
    La Baguette
    ND Foods
    Johnny's Charcoal Broiler
    Joey's Cafe
    The Wedge
    Moni's
    Luby's

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    They are still out there but just like finding real gems... You gotta hunt for them..... There is a little hole in the wall in Healdton called Grasshopper Junction that makes the best pan gravy I've ever eaten.... Everything else there is just good but that gravy is worth driving to Healdton for... I ask for an IV drip of it when I make it there.

There is another in Colbert called Williams Old Style BBQ... It's a shack that just serves average meat at best but they make a sauce that is unique to the Eastern Texoma area that I would put on road kill and eat it... It's that freaking good!

Tiffany's in Noble, right across the street from Kendall's is another one... I've never been there for lunch but will drive out there once or twice a year just to eat breakfast.
    We've been pretty happy with Roma's in Guthrie. It's owned by two brothers from Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    What is this $4 monday you speak of?
    On Mondays at Chick N Beer, all sets of wings are $4 and draft beers are $4.

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    On Mondays at Chick N Beer, all sets of wings are $4 and draft beers are $4.
    Maybe this will be in my Monday rotation now. THanks!

Maybe this will be in my Monday rotation now. THanks!
    A couple Monday's ago they were also doing a free raffle. They handed out raffle tickets and called a number each time a foul occurred. Each winner won cash (not sure how much). First time I had seen that before, but the whole place was in to it. Food was good and place was packed with a mix of OCU students and all mixes. This place flies under my radar, but i need to put it into the rotation. The gochujang wings are some of my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    A couple Monday's ago they were also doing a free raffle. They handed out raffle tickets and called a number each time a foul occurred. Each winner won cash (not sure how much). First time I had seen that before, but the whole place was in to it. Food was good and place was packed with a mix of OCU students and all mixes. This place flies under my radar, but i need to put it into the rotation. The gochujang wings are some of my favorite.
    I believe that is in conjunction with a remote broadcast by The Franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe that is in conjunction with a remote broadcast by The Franchise.
    Ok makes sense. He had some equipment setup, but we weren't sure which station he was with.

Colin Farrell was on Jimmy Kimmel's show the other day and said Nics Grill had the best burger he's ever had. I wish I was able to keep them in my regular rotation, but I don't always feel like waiting in a line for a burger. Nice to see an Oklahoma City establishment get some national recognition!

13. Default Re: Restaurants in your regular rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Colin Farrell was on Jimmy Kimmel's show the other day and said Nics Grill had the best burger he's ever had. I wish I was able to keep them in my regular rotation, but I don't always feel like waiting in a line for a burger. Nice to see an Oklahoma City establishment get some national recognition!
    Go on inclement/cold weather days. I walked right in and took a seat right in front of the grill Wednesday.

Since they're open on Saturdays until 8 PM now, there might not be a line on Sat afternoons. We haven't been in the mood for a big-a** burger recently, so we haven't been on Sat yet, not sure if there still is a line then...

What's cool was that he said this once already on Jay Leno several years back. To hear him reiterate it was pretty awesome.

Going to add McClintock to my rotation due to the great service/food I received yesterday.

My downtown lunch rotation is:

Nebu - I always get the salmon from the fish station
    Richie's Grill in Oklahoma Tower - double cheeseburger, no fries
    Urban Taco - pork tacos or pork quesadilla
    Thai Kitchen - lunch buffet
    Hobby's Hoagies - always the reuben

Can we talk about weekend brunch-everytime I go and everywhere I go there is a line! I'm usually a 10-ish AM bruncher, are the lines so long earlier or later? maybe that is the trick!

Nebu, that's an underrated place. Although you wouldn't know it was there unless you worked in a building close to Devon.

19. Default Re: Restaurants in your regular rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    Have you tried Hank's, and 1900 Barker in Lawrence? Also new brewery in the industrial area east of Mass.
    Saw Hank's while I was there but did not have a chance to try it. We did hit the Free States brewery on the north end of Massachusetts Street and tried several of the beers there..... Massachusetts Street is pretty incredible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1082.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	14279

About all we did was walk, watch sports, and drink, while we were there.... It's rare that I go on a trip and lose weight but I came back 1 1/2 lbs lighter after this weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1105.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	14280

Nebu, that's an underrated place. Although you wouldn't know it was there unless you worked in a building close to Devon.
    That makes me wonder if they even advertise it as open to the public (if such attention is desired).

When I worked downtown, it was in my group's regular lunch rotation but we only knew about it because we knew people who worked at Devon.

Patty Wagon
    Fuzzys
    Pie 5
    Jersey Mikes(free chips and drink on wed.)
    Green Chili Kitchen
    Leos Bbq
    The Garage
    Raising Canes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    That makes me wonder if they even advertise it as open to the public (if such attention is desired).

When I worked downtown, it was in my group's regular lunch rotation but we only knew about it because we knew people who worked at Devon.
    Unfortunately, Nebu has gone downhill, when it first opened it seemed like you might be in an European airport food mall, but now it’s only average. Either the management lost interest, or the public wasn’t able to support their efforts. Too bad because it was quite good and worth the trip for lunch.

Thread Information