Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classen Glen

SoSA Classen Glen

finish=1984
    38 Condominiums

Information & Latest News

8/31/14: Will be getting a new modern grey paint job and roof soon. Work to start within next 30 days.
    Links

County Assessor Record
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg2.jpg 
Views:	1206 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	8825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg4.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	8826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg5.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	8827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg6.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	8828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg7.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	8829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg8.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	8830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg9.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	8831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg10.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	8832  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg11.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	8833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg12.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	8834  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: SoSA District

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Also FYI, Classen Glen Condominiums will be getting a new modern grey paint job and roof soon. Work to start within next 30 days.
    Just curious. Should I ever come back to OKC, that would be a property I would be interested in. I was eyeing those when I was still living in midtown but I had a feeling I might be relocating out-of-state so I passed. How often do units here come on the market? What's the median price (ballpark)?

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Just curious. Should I ever come back to OKC, that would be a property I would be interested in. I was eyeing those when I was still living in midtown but I had a feeling I might be relocating out-of-state so I passed. How often do units here come on the market? What's the median price (ballpark)?
    2-4 units a year I'd say, anywhere from $50K-$110K depending on size and if they've been renovated recently, or still original decor/hardware/layout. Units vary from small studios with no bedrooms (think futon in the living room) to 3 bedrooms on two stories plus an upper loft level (2000+sq ft units).

The County Assesor only shows one sale in 2014: $55K for 819 square feet.

The three prior sales (all 2012 or before) were in the $33K - $37.5K range.

Leonard Sullivan-Oklahoma County Assessor Subdivision Sales

Probably a silly question, but why are these so cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    If you've ever seen the inside of them, you would know. I looked at one with some friends to rent and it is just straight 80's. I am sure some of them have been updated since they have been built but a lot of them have a lot of deferred maintenance going on. Plus the layout was very awkward. We were looking at a three bedroom and one of the "bedrooms" was a loft space that you had to climb up a ladder to get to. Not a staircase, a f#$%in' ladder...

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    2-4 units a year I'd say, anywhere from $50K-$110K depending on size and if they've been renovated recently, or still original decor/hardware/layout. Units vary from small studios with no bedrooms (think futon in the living room) to 3 bedrooms on two stories plus an upper loft level (2000+sq ft units).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The County Assesor only shows one sale in 2014: $55K for 819 square feet.

The three prior sales (all 2012 or before) were in the $33K - $37.5K range.

Leonard Sullivan-Oklahoma County Assessor Subdivision Sales
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    If you've ever seen the inside of them, you would know. I looked at one with some friends to rent and it is just straight 80's. I am sure some of them have been updated since they have been built but a lot of them have a lot of deferred maintenance going on. Plus the layout was very awkward. We were looking at a three bedroom and one of the "bedrooms" was a loft space that you had to climb up a ladder to get to. Not a staircase, a f#$%in' ladder...
    There was a few that sold for over $100K in 2007. These are cheap because they are 30 years old, some exterior maintenance issues (being slowly addressed in phases). As I stated before many units have original layout/decor. But several have been gutted and redone completely, or have had major modern overhauls and have sold or rented for prices more in line with other downtown properties, just slightly cheaper due to the age and exterior condition. Many of the interiors have been done. ALSO most of the units have sold recently have been STUDIO's which are not common in our market currently. Classen Glen probably has the most diverse floor plan options compared to the modern developments. You can get a studio from $30-45K or a redone 3 bedroom (2 stories plus a loft with ladder as above poster speaks about) (2000+sq ft) for between $65-110K depending on condition and if it's been remodeled, etc. 1 and 2 bed models also available (I think there are 6+ original floor plans). Classen Glen IMO is the best buy downtown for the money if you don't mind dealing with the exterior issues for a couple more years. Cheapest buy downtown and greatest potential for easy appreciation.

Default Re: Classen Glen

Just added a bunch of interior photos to the article at the top of the page.

All the pictures Pete added look like they came from a 1,143 sq ft, 2 bed, 2 bath with loft condo that is two or three stories. It is $1,000/month rent. If they would reconfigure Classen a little to add bike lanes, this would be a great place to live and commute on bike to DT.

Eh, that won't happen soon. It's really easy to bike to work through downtown from there. A lot of stoplights, but if there aren't any cars, why stop? #urbanbiking

Default Classen Glen moving dumpsters to front lawn without DDRC approval

Classen Glen HOA recently decided without homeowner vote or DDRC approval to move dumpsters from the built-ins in the back alley to the front lawns facing NW 7th street right in the heart of "Architect Row" or SOSA where all the momentum started and is concentrated. I'm really mind boggled that the city would allow this, especially right by the sidewalk in the urban core without obtaining DDRC approval. Trash trucks creating ruts in the lawn, and you can drive by daily and see homeless getting food and what not out of it regularly. The HOA says the will build a permanent fenced in area for it out front, but regardless, more unnecessary blight in the urban core.

I'd urge all you downtown supporters to contact DDRC and Councilwoman Meg Salyer if this precedent concerns you.

Pics coming soon!

Default Re: Classen Glen moving dumpsters to front lawn without DDRC approval

Name:	FullSizeRender-2.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	10621

Note: The green dumpster is a temporary construction dumpster (that has since been removed) from the ongoing remodel of Classen Glen in SOSA (new roofs, guttering, siding and paint job that is ongoing), however the grey dumpster is the permanent one the HOA has moved out of the trash bays behind the complex in the back alley. BTW, the back alleys in which the City of OKC recently spent a million or so repaving or in process of repaving all the alleys in SOSA District.

why on earth!.. that is just dumb!

So unfortunate. This is the kind of thing that is very common in OKC but you don't see it in other cities and it makes them look so much nicer. There really needs to be zoning or laws to prevent this kind of thing here like I am sure there is elsewhere. Everybody benefits from a more beautiful, attractive OKC.

15. Default Re: Classen Glen moving dumpsters to front lawn without DDRC approval

What are you talking about? Unscreened dumpsters are illegal downtown. This will be dealt with by the City.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    So unfortunate. This is the kind of thing that is very common in OKC but you don't see it in other cities and it makes them look so much nicer. There really needs to be zoning or laws to prevent this kind of thing here like I am sure there is elsewhere. Everybody benefits from a more beautiful, attractive OKC.
    You're kidding, right?

Recently saw one of the remodeled units here, it looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by GoThunder View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    Don't ruin his narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Getting so, so tiresome seeing ignorant, passive aggressive comments thread after thread.

Before we bought our current house, my wife and I looked at one of these units. It had been TOTALLY redone and was awesome! I wanted to live here so bad! But, our Realtor discovered that the owner was asking for quite a bit more than the unit would appraise for. So, FHA wouldn't loan on it unless there was a huge down payment (which we didn't have). Apparently it had sold once or twice before, but the sales had fell through for that same reason.

Giving bchris a little cover here. While this is a unique example, there are a ton of unnecessary battles in OKC that should be prevented by common sense and a desire to improve the look of our city.

I spent the weekend in Dallas and it was amazing to me how nice everything looked and how consistent it was. I walked from downtown all the way to Highland Park and the entire distance there were sidewalks and both sides of the road, streetlights, and everything was well-landscaped. You didn't see weird things sticking up out of the ground everywhere nor did you see the large phone/electric boxes in the sidewalk like you see here. While the kind of urban density in Dallas is unrealistic for OKC, there was nothing I saw beautification-wise that couldn't be done here. Just because Oklahoma City is a small city doesn't mean it can't look nice especially in prime corridors. This is something I really wish the city of OKC would devote more attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    What are you talking about? Unscreened dumpsters are illegal downtown. This will be dealt with by the City.
    From city code:

(5) Commercial Waste Collection Receptacles within the DBD, DTD-
    1 and DTD-2 Districts
    (a) Dumpsters and other commercial waste collection receptacles shall be visually screened from view on all sides of the dumpsters. A building, fence, vegetation or other form of screening in accordance with Article XI, Landscaping and Screening Regulations shall satisfy this requirement.
    (b) A receptacle and its required screening may only be located in the public right-of-way upon the issuance of a revocable permit for both the receptacle and the installation of the screening. Any immobile screening fence shall require a fence permit.
    (c) Dumpsters and receptacles shall be so screened and maintained by the property owner so that they do not generate trash, litter, debris or odor beyond the screened facility.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    Before we bought our current house, my wife and I looked at one of these units. It had been TOTALLY redone and was awesome! I wanted to live here so bad! But, our Realtor discovered that the owner was asking for quite a bit more than the unit would appraise for. So, FHA wouldn't loan on it unless there was a huge down payment (which we didn't have). Apparently it had sold once or twice before, but the sales had fell through for that same reason.
    Not seeing any listed for sale currently. How big and what price was the unit you saw and liked so much?

Classen Re: Classen Glen

I'm not sure if this is an actual project or not, but was browsing Miller's 'In the Works' page https://www.millerarch.com/classen-glen and noticed these renderings...

Anyone have any additional details if this is a new project or just old renderings?

Name:	Image+1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	576.2 KB 
ID:	18386

Name:	Image+2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	514.2 KB 
ID:	18387

Name:	Image+3.jpg