Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 17 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiffany Apartments

Northwest OKC Tiffany Apartments

5505 N. Brookline

County Assessor Record

Renderings at Rees Associates

The 155,872 square foot expansion and 108,528 square foot renovation of this high-profile Multi-Family facility will incorporate thoughtfully creative design solutions, as well as innovative use of state-of- the-art technologies to create a vibrant and comfortable living community for its tenants. The common areas will have upgraded hospitality grade finishes and amenities including a great room, theater, conference room, gaming center, fitness facility and outdoor pool. The facility will be designed for the future while embracing the rich history of the building, neighborhood and city.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiffany-towers.jpg 
Views:	972 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	6659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R149853820001sA.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	6658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiffany-towers3.jpg 
Views:	893 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	6660   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiffany-towers5.jpg 
Views:	641 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	6661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiffany-towers6.jpg 
Views:	643 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	6662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiffany-towers7.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	6663  

Default Re: Tiffany apartment tower for sale

I remember looking at an apartment at Tiffany back in the early 80's. The apartments I saw were awfully small, and most of the residents were elderly. Redevelopment will be very expensive, since most of the units had concrete walls. With the age of the building, they could have asbestos issues to deal with, also.

3. Default Re: Tiffany apartment tower for sale

I haven't been to the Tiffany in awhile. I think it still suffers from being known as a "gay complex." I have been to LakeView Towers (also known as a gay complex in the late 80's - early 90's).

The new owners have put alot of money into the place.

The restaurant in the basement is long gone and now replaced with a very cool "man cave" that resembles a sports bar, with a long bar, video games, pool tables, lots of seating and a seperate media room.

Went to a Monday night football get together there too and the place was packed with residence of all ages and types.

The thing I noticed though is that the lobby is still full of lonely older residents wandering around in their house shoes like it's a mental institution.

4. Default Re: Tiffany apartment tower for sale

I never knew the gay reputation...

5. Default Re: Tiffany apartment tower for sale

A friend of mine looked there when we were in college. I remember the places being VERY small and far over priced. They kept talking about the view...but it sucked. So I could see the tops of the Home Depot or the surrounding houses, big whoopie. Plus the people that worked in the office were very rude to us. And we were their potential customers. The place looks like crap inside and out and I wouldn't really be sad to see it imploded along with Lakeview. They are so fugly and don't try that historic crap on me either. There's nothing historic about a big white rectangle with an eyesore of an antenae on top.

6. Default Re: Tiffany apartment tower for sale

I actually think the views pretty good from LakeView Tower. Can't speak for the Tiffany, but I assume it's the same. Exactly what view were you expecting?

The best view is from the North side of the Regency.

When I inquired on the LakeView price, I want to say i was told units mostly ran from $600 - $800 all bills paid. Seems reasonable to me.

7. Default Re: Tiffany apartment tower for sale

If all I see are rooftops of homes, I don't really consider that a view to pay for. It's not as though they have a central park view. And if you're on the south side, yay you get to look at Home Depot. I don't even think view can be considered a selling point there....it's not as though you get this awesome view of downtown...or a park. You get roofs and streets.

8. Default Re: Tiffany apartment tower for sale

What about the lake?

9. Default Re: Tiffany apartment tower for sale

If all I see are rooftops of homes, I don't really consider that a view to pay for.
    Yeah and the view from the standard apartment complex is what exactly?

The people I met in LakeView Tower simply loved the high rise lifestyle and the view from above.

Obviously not everyone is a high rise type tenant - but many are.

If I was single I would prefer either one of our high rises or a warehouse loft.

Default Tiffany Building

What is the deal with the Tiffany Building at NW Expressway and May. I have always though that was a cool looking building with a great location and that if someone came in and made some renovations it would be very appealing. Who lives there now?

Default Re: Tiffany Building

Quote Originally Posted by oakhollow View Post
    What is the deal with the Tiffany Building at NW Expressway and May. I have always though that was a cool looking building with a great location and that if someone came in and made some renovations it would be very appealing. Who lives there now?
    when i was a little kid i thought that was a famous building lol.. i thought they named a song after it, I remember asking my parents to take me to breakfast at tiffanies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    when i was a little kid i thought that was a famous building lol.. i thought they named a song after it, I remember asking my parents to take me to breakfast at tiffanies.
    That is hilarious. Breakfast at Tiffany's....

I went there to check it out not long after we were married and were looking to move (they'd had a fire in the building the night before, curiously). IIRC, the apartments were pretty small, and the walls between were poured concrete (probably reinforced). It would be difficult to renovate.

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    That is hilarious. Breakfast at Tiffany's....
    Everytime I hear that phrase I think more of the song than the movie....

I love how the building features one of the last rooftop neon signs of its type from an era when they were commonplace. Other than that, I have heard and read VERY checkered reviews of the place. I'm about to go and see if these still hold true.

16. Default Re: Tiffany Building

The floorplans are very small, and way overpriced. They charge for the view....right, of NW Exway...come on. Last time I went in there to look was in 2001 and they wanted 750 for a studio apartment. Right......

It has 124 units in a relatively small building... Each unit averages less than 500 square feet.

It was built in 1966 and as far as I know, has never received a major renovation.

It was sold in 2008 to a group out of Memphis for $5.8 million.

With a little TLC that tower could actually look okay but now it is just outdated yuck. Reminds me of those Soviet-style apartment towers you see in Moscow. Although the apartments do provide impressive views of Best Buy and a Target parking lot.

19. Default Re: Tiffany Building

That's what I said when the lady showed me the place. I was like "the view....what view? It's Baptist on side and parking lots on the other" Not to mention how small they were. They claimed at that time to be access controled, but we walked right in. They were actually pretty pissy too...bunch of late 30's angry housweives working there or something i dont know. But then looking at the balconies, it looks junky with all their crap out there. And on the inside, it hasn't been touched since it opened...just as 60's as ever. I can't say I would be sad if it went away.

It's going to be tough to continue to make money in this place unless some major changes are made...like combining apartments on some floors for larger floorplans. Either make the "fitness" room into a real one or just get rid of it and convert it to some other damn thing. I don't know, i'm really speaking out of my rear but I had some friends in college that lived there (which is why i looked at it), and it just seemed that everything was wrong with the place.

Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

Application before the Board of Adjustment to create a planned unit development for a massive remodel and expansion of one of the few mid- or high-rise residential properties in the city.

Looks like a really slick development and would be a huge improvement.

According to the county assessor, this property is still owned by the same group that bought it in 2008, but there may be a sale pending or just not recorded as of yet.

The purpose of this request is to facilitate the expansion of the Tiffany
    Apartments. The SPUD contemplates adding a 7-story structure alongside the
    existing 12-story tower that would accommodate 123 new apartments, a parking
    structure, a dog park and an amenity deck. It allows up to 15 percent of the space
    to be used for accessory commercial purposes.

Wow, cool - is there any site coordination with the D&B and other developments going in on that same corner of May and the Expressway?

This proposal looks like the next best thing to just nuking the building..

Like the conceptual glassed in balconies and adding on to the place would definitely be a plus. The place looks like a dump as it is and really needs the update!

I have been inside of one of those apartments once and it was about 20 years ago. I wasn't impressed then so I'm sure the residents will totally welcome this redevelopment.

24. Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

I'm glad to see the stagnant piece of crap finally doing something. It's amazing how vast a change that will make in the area. LOOOONG overdue but very nice.

I hope that they retain the red lettered sign at top, however modernized with LED lighting, etc.

Thread Information