Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Chase Bank

1. Default Re: Chase Bank

Pretty sure he meant NOT defending the development.

2. Default Re: Chase Bank

Ah yes, I meant NOT defending. I really should proof read more often.

3. Default Re: Chase Bank

Looks like a Bob Howard dealership or something.

Default Re: Chase Bank

Looks like the chase at 7400 S. Penn is going to get a tear-down and rebuild.

^^^ I couldn’t get any pictures but it is 99 percent demo’d.

no surprise as i can't imagine that the structure meets modern needs... this was built as friendly national back when branch banking wasn't a thing in oklahoma.

From Midwest Wrecking:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From Midwest Wrecking:

Didn't realize this building had a sizeable basement. Kinda disappointing about the demo and rebuild; I expect the replacement will look substantially similar to the one downtown. While not at all historically significant, the old building did have character and to be honest I'll kinda miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Didn't realize this building had a sizeable basement.
    same... i knew it had a tunnel to a strip of teller windows (demolished several years ago) but didn't realize there was much more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    same... i knew it had a tunnel to a strip of teller windows (demolished several years ago) but didn't realize there was much more to it.
    Maybe the vault and safe deposit boxes?

The chase bank at Penn and 240 is complete. Unfortunately they shut down the one at Walker which is incredibly annoying as there are now longer lines at the new one every evening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A143C053-AC9C-4FBA-891A-F60E1CF159DD.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	3.91 MB 
ID:	16450
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A143C053-AC9C-4FBA-891A-F60E1CF159DD.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	3.91 MB 
ID:	16449  

Need one in West Metro over by outlet mall. I either have to go over to Yukon or 36th and May. There is a big void for far SW OKC/Bethany area.

13. Default Re: Chase Bank

I'm always curious these days about why so many people still use lobbies. With mobile deposit, online bill pay, free ATMs at 711/OnCue, i almost never go any longer. I've been in a lobby a handful of times in the last 5 years. 1 to check on loan options for a car (which the bank sucked at) and to deposit cash for my kids' accounts. So are there really still that many people out there needing to deposit cash or what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I'm always curious these days about why so many people still use lobbies. With mobile deposit, online bill pay, free ATMs at 711/OnCue, i almost never go any longer. I've been in a lobby a handful of times in the last 5 years. 1 to check on loan options for a car (which the bank sucked at) and to deposit cash for my kids' accounts. So are there really still that many people out there needing to deposit cash or what's going on?
    Agree kind of. I haven't been in a bank in probably a year but no reason to go. However people still go for 401K advisors, if there is a problem with their account like someone hacked into it, maybe having to get a new card, having log in problems, home mortgage stuff. and some people are old school and don't want to put their checks in the bank the old way. So I still see a need for it.

You can deposit Cash at most ATMs. I bank at Chase and have an ATM about 50 yards from my house so it's super nice being able to just walk up and do all my physical banking there.

I've used the branch more for getting documents notarized than I have for true banking.

16. Default Re: Chase Bank

If you need cash in any denomination other than $20s, most ATMs won't be much help.

Weighing in here as I work at a bank.

Believe it or not, a lot of people still don't have personal accounts either because they can't get one (Chexsystems) or don't believe in them. Those people need to go in person to the bank to cash their check.

Also, a lot of businesses still want that face to face service and drop off deposits in person. If it is a larger company, they might have a runner to make deposits versus paying for a courier service or remote deposit.

Personally, if I didn't work at a bank, I wouldn't go in much either. But a lot of people might just make a daily run to the bank because that is what they have always done and technology is too scary for them.

18. Default Re: Chase Bank

A big part for older generations is social interaction. Some people will go to their branch daily. Grab a cup of coffee, chat with the staff, feel like they’re bank knows them personally. Working for a larger institution, I can attest to the fact that we closely track each channel’s usage. Online banking is still only at ~50% usage rate.

Anyone who lives in an apartment without an in-unit washer/dryer but with some sort of on-site laundry facility is most likely needing to go to the bank to get quarters on a fairly regular basis.

Thread Information