Widgets Magazine

Thread: Furrs in Moore Closed

Default Furrs in Moore Closed

The Moore Fuurs, near the Warren has been closed for over a week now. Last Sunday when I went by an employee said they were having equipment problems and were going to be open mid-week. Live in NW OKC so before going over again this Sunday, they said they were still closed but hopefully open Monday.

What kind of equipment problem would cause you to be closed for over a week?

Default Re: Furrs in Moore Closed

Equipment problems can be a dead cooler, bad ovens, defective plumbing, dead HVAC, ice problems, or a code for dang near anything else under the sun.
    Last edited by kevinpate; 07-27-2014 at 11:28 AM. Reason: danged chubby fingers

Maybe they decided to clean the nasty (and sticky) floors. That would take several days.

4. Default Re: Furrs in Moore Closed

Went by there Friday night -- sign on the front door said they were undergoing an ownership change and did not have an estimate of when they would reopen.

How in the world do you muck up a buffet in OK?

Set the quality to three invisible hairs above code violation.
    Set the price at slightly below a typical chain entree.
    Set the thermostat to a tad too warm for folk to wanna sit for a fourth plate.
    Set advertising to appeal to folks on a budget who also have unruly children.

It's a formula that has worked for a number of years all across the state. Lawdy, all across the nation.

6. Default Re: Furrs in Moore Closed

Something peculiar for sure -- the place is a friggin gold mine. I rarely see it when overflow parking isn't being utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Something peculiar for sure -- the place is a friggin gold mine. I rarely see it when overflow parking isn't being utilized.
    No kiddin -

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I'm missing? Have spent a good number of years in OK now and have never once felt the urge to step inside a Furr's. How bout some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    How in the world do you muck up a buffet in OK?

Set the quality to three invisible hairs above code violation.
    Set the price at slightly below a typical chain entree.
    Set the thermostat to a tad too warm for folk to wanna sit for a fourth plate.
    Set advertising to appeal to folks on a budget who also have unruly children.

It's a formula that has worked for a number of years all across the state. Lawdy, all across the nation.
    (in the absence of a "Like" button):

You, Sir, are a Genius at Nailing Down Reality.

9. Default Re: Furrs in Moore Closed

yeah whats up with the like button not being on so many threads?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    No kiddin -

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I'm missing? Have spent a good number of years in OK now and have never once felt the urge to step inside a Furr's. How bout some pictures?
    Before they opened the one in Moore, all the Furrs were cafeteria style. Go down the line with your tray while telling the servers, give me one on those and one on those etc. I always thought their food was decent. It was usually all you could eat for one price. Years ago they used to run specials like all you can eat for $5 after 5:00. They started closing those style Furrs one by one until the only one left was the one on 63rd and May. The one in Moore is a buffet more like Hometown Buffet was with food islands you can walk all around. I've eaten there a couple of times and thought the food was a little higher quality than the cafeteria style ones had.

Blog Entries

Hope to see the Furrs in Moore reopen. They offered a better selection of food than many of the other buffet restaurants in the metropolitan area.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Went by there Friday night -- sign on the front door said they were undergoing an ownership change and did not have an estimate of when they would reopen.
    Ownership change?? I was under the impression that all of the Furrs were corporate owned..but maybe you mean that whomever owned it keeps changing?

ON EDIT: Just called and they are reopened as of yesterday (Monday) and ownership of Corporate changed...they said they were closed so they could update equipment

13. Default Re: Furrs in Moore Closed

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    yeah whats up with the like button not being on so many threads?
    Threads in sections that are in the Wiki format do not have the "Like" option.

15. Default Re: Furrs in Moore Closed

Go to Boulevard Cafeteria instead. I especially recommend Fridays, which feature both macaroni and cheese AND chicken pot pie. You're welcome in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Ownership change?? I was under the impression that all of the Furrs were corporate owned..but maybe you mean that whomever owned it keeps changing?

ON EDIT: Just called and they are reopened as of yesterday (Monday) and ownership of Corporate changed...they said they were closed so they could update equipment
    Thank you for the information. It has been our "go-to" place for the food and the friendliness of the workers. As we can't always agree on "where do you want to eat today" issues, Furr's was an excellent option. The one in Moore is close to us and was always far better than Golden Corral. When you get old , you look for places with "senior discounts" and portion sizes that you can control with lots of options for food choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Go to Boulevard Cafeteria instead. I especially recommend Fridays, which feature both macaroni and cheese AND chicken pot pie. You're welcome in advance.
    I love Boulevard Cafeteria. Only place I know where a table of folks who are 50's will still qualify as the kiddie table.
    And the food. Ohhhhhhmalawdy, such scrumpdillyicious food!
    It's about as close to granny's cooking as you'll find in any metro eatery.

We went to Furr's today for lunch. Had hoped when they were closed for a week that they would have replaced the carpet squares, but no such thing; just the same (old) thing. Food was fresh & hot, though; no complaints. Noticed some real changes in the servers' procedures. A couple of them referred to "new ownership"--not with negativity, but in explanation to customers' inquiries about various things. We suspect it will take them a bit of time to make all adjustments, but I think the new owners are going to be on top of things--at least for a while. We were just glad to know they'd reopened.

Have always heard nice things about Boulevard, but it is a very long distance from us and not a quick and easy drive to get there.

Personally, I miss Queen Anne...and before it, Anna Maud's.

19. Default Re: Furrs in Moore Closed

Piccadilly, others. :..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information