Widgets Magazine
Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 959104105106107108109
Results 2,701 to 2,713 of 2713

Thread: OG&E Energy Center

Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

I'm confused... the old OG&E building is Arvest Tower now? Where is OG&E actually HQ'ing these days?

(OG&E if you're reading this - friendly reminder that you suck)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    I'm confused... the old OG&E building is Arvest Tower now? Where is OG&E actually HQ'ing these days?

The building that's now Arvest Tower use to be Fidelity Bank.

[I]OG&E 321 North Harvey[ (Currently under renovation)/I]

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=46575

4. Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

sad, should go to the Oklahoma History Museum or some sort of OKC city museum.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Question, so why hasn't OCURA reissued the RFP for the south half of the block that they own? It was my understanding that OG&E already stated that any development in the future will not include the south half of the block.

Been 6 years, so just wondering why OCURA never reissued. I remember Milhaus proposing a 20 story residential tower at one point in time.

6. Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

exactly, wasn't there one or more competing proposals in addition to the 4 tower that was approved? Why didn't the competitor(s) be able to develop the land?

What's going on here? OKC could have had a new residential high rise years ago on this land but instead it's a basketball court and open field. ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Well presently John Rex Middle school is using space in those buildings so not the best timing. I'm sure they're happy to slow-roll it until there's an alternate solution. And as has been pointed out elsewhere in this forum, there's presently no shortage of office space downtown...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Well presently John Rex Middle school is using space in those buildings so not the best timing. I'm sure they're happy to slow-roll it until there's an alternate solution. And as has been pointed out elsewhere in this forum, there's presently no shortage of office space downtown...
    That's the point, we are talking about the south half of the block. not the Stage Center Site. OCURA is not going to know the interest until they reissue the RFP. My understanding they were pointing toward a mixed use development.

Moreover, even if the development for that site was announced today, it would be at least a year for demo. That would give the occupants of that building time to relocate, etc.

https://www.oklahoman.com/article/53...-oklahoma-city

"The Milhaus proposal, meanwhile, allows for the Clayco development to continue unhindered for the north half of the block while Milhaus would proceed, if chosen, with construction of a three-story garage with a fourth floor underground spanning the south half of the block with a 230-foot-high tower to be built at the corner of Hudson and Reno avenues."

^

John Rex Middle School is in a building in that south section.

Ok thanks, I didn't know that. So that's the reason why the RFP was never reissued. Moreover, this doesn't look temporary, as they spent money to renovate the building. So the hopes for anything on that block are gone.

Now it makes me wonder of OG&E's safety capability of building a new office tower, literally right next to a school.

Blog Entries

That's exactly what I said?

12. Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I mean to be frank, there's plenty of office space across the planet right now. And you'll see more of it vacate over the next year. If you're in commercial real estate, you're probably hurting and the outlook does not look good. If there was ever a time to absolutely say "no one is going to build", now is that time. It's just too cheap not to right now. In 5 years, we'll see. It all depends on how many firms stay with the new majority remote model. And converting to residential is going to be tough now too. People don't need to live close in now if they work remotely.

Just because its slow here, doesn't mean it is elsewhere. Large commercial & residential projects are booming in cities like Houston, Dallas, Austin, Nashville, Salt Lake City, & Raleigh.

Thread Information