Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Economic Reports

Default Re: Oklahoma City Economic Reports

I would say El Reno should push them to snatch up the large Haliburton property between El Reno and Yukon, would be a huge get for Canadian County and I-40 has been widened with a new large bridge at Radio Rd built for large rigs. Lots of land and great access to WRWA via the new turnpike extension. Lots of people moving to Piedmont, Tuttle, and Yukon. El Reno is poised to grow large if they land a large employer.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg78 View Post
    I have several clients and friends who have a Tesla. I’ve ridden and been in the Model 3, model s and model x. Quite frankly these are the nicest well engineered vehicles I’ve ever been in or seen.
    Anecdotes are anecdotal, my friend . . .

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...bility-issues/

https://insideevs.com/news/373339/ne...-model-3-rust/

Tesla's current US Gigafactories are in Buffalo and 30 minutes outside of Reno - I don't think the population of OKC would be the kicker.

Reno location footprint currently around 215 acres. Buffalo about 55 acres.

For reference, the Amazon facility in OKC is about 60 acres.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Consumer reports is not the only source, but in case you forgot they updated the review.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/21/1...commend-remove

Believe what you want to believe but Tesla is in my opinion the best having owned and been in many
    luxury cars. I am sure your F150 is super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg78 View Post
    Consumer reports is not the only source, but in case you forgot they updated the review.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/21/1...commend-remove

Believe what you want to believe but Tesla is in my opinion the best having owned and been in many
    luxury cars. I am sure your F150 is super cool.
    I only buy Japanese luxury cars. Sorry to hear you have such bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I only buy Japanese luxury cars. Sorry to hear you have such bad taste.
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...-top-pick.aspx

Roughly 7,000 people currently work at Reno Gigafactory with the workforce seen as growing to upward of 20,000 in the future. San Antonio had been strong competition for the gigafactory. But would a new Cybertruck Gigafactory employ similar numbers?

Not helping San Antonio is a Texas state law that prohibits automakers from selling their vehicles directly to consumers. Manufacturers must sell through franchised auto dealers. Tesla sells directly to consumers under its business model. Musk failed to persuade Texas lawmakers to change the law. If Oklahoma has a similar law, then maybe it should be abolished.

In the article, Musk stated the plant will be located in the central part of the US. So Oklahoma might be considered.

Stitt went on twitter and said he will be vying for this project.

Doesn't Oklahoma have laws that are unfriendly to Tesla's method of sales? Would we change them for the factory?

^^^^ good point. Oklahoma needs to allow direct sales and icing on the cake would be allowing car sales on Sunday’s.

I can see a person like Elon Musk liking the idea of placing his Gigafactory in fossil fuel country. Would the legislature be forward enough to provide incentives for such a plant? Not very friendly to the oil industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^^ good point. Oklahoma needs to allow direct sales and icing on the cake would be allowing car sales on Sunday’s.
    I may be wrong, but I don't see car dealers pestering legislators to let them open on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    In the article, Musk stated the plant will be located in the central part of the US. So Oklahoma might be considered.
    PSO still owns 750 acres at the proposed site of the Black Fox nuclear power plant in Inola. Sits next to the Verdigris River with navigation channel access and 4 miles south of Hwy 412, and about 20 miles southwest of Google's data center in Pryor.

Quote Originally Posted by Motley View Post
    I can see a person like Elon Musk liking the idea of placing his Gigafactory in fossil fuel country. Would the legislature be forward enough to provide incentives for such a plant? Not very friendly to the oil industry.
    If there's ever been a time to unhitch our wagon to O&G, this is that time. Stitt being a banker should be able to see this and use every ounce of power he has to reform the state's republican party toward a less energy driven coalition.

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City Economic Reports

For those oil folks who have money left, Oklahomas most successful bank grew out of the last oil bust. Thats the kind of diversification thats needed.

Which bank Mug?

20. Default Re: Oklahoma City Economic Reports

Bank of Oklahoma. George Kaiser took over Kaiser - Francis Energy and has built it into a successful energy company. In 1990, he bought BOK from the FDIC and built it from20 branches all in OK to $23 billion in assets operating in 9 states.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Bank of Oklahoma. George Kaiser took over Kaiser - Francis Energy and has built it into a successful energy company. In 1990, he bought BOK from the FDIC and built it from20 branches all in OK to $23 billion in assets operating in 9 states.
    Thank you! I had several in mind, but reading that, it now seems like it should have been obvious to me. Thanks again

Elon tweeted that he has had it with California’s absurd polices and anti business climate and is moving to more forward thinking states like Nevada and Texas for its HQ.

Gov. Stitt tweeted that Oklahoma should be eyed. Man that would be amazing get for the state if Elon came to OKC or Tulsa. I hope it happens. Even if we just got the Gigatruck factory but add in Tesla HQ. One can dream.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...285317633?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Elon tweeted that he has had it with California’s absurd polices and anti business climate and is moving to more forward thinking states like Nevada and Texas for its HQ.

Gov. Stitt tweeted that Oklahoma should be eyed. Man that would be amazing get for the state if Elon came to OKC or Tulsa. I hope it happens. Even if we just got the Gigatruck factory but add in Tesla HQ. One can dream.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...285317633?s=21
    Pie in the sky. Oklahoma can't afford Tesla. Maybe a factory, but that is putting the cart before the horse. They would move their HQ before deciding on a factory site. OK is cutting their budget left and right (aside from legislative pay raises) so incentive programs may be ripped to shreds :/ only way a company like them would come here.

Would be a huge game changer. Tesla is the biggest manufacturer in California & second biggest exporter

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Pie in the sky. Oklahoma can't afford Tesla. Maybe a factory, but that is putting the cart before the horse. They would move their HQ before deciding on a factory site. OK is cutting their budget left and right (aside from legislative pay raises) so incentive programs may be ripped to shreds :/ only way a company like them would come here.
    Rumor is their new giga truck factory is going to Texas. Maybe we can siphon some associated parts production here.

Thread Information