Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Pikepass" good at North Texas Tollway starting in August

1. Default "Pikepass" good at North Texas Tollway starting in August

Default Re: "Pikepass" good at North Texas Tollway starting in August

Quote Originally Posted by KenRagsdale View Post
    It's about time. Can use them beginning August 10th.

From NTTA.org:

The NTTA is a crucial component of the transportation system in North Texas, operating more than ninety centerline miles of toll roads in North Texas including the Dallas North Tollway, President George Bush Turnpike, Addison Airport Toll Tunnel, Mountain Creek Lake Bridge, Sam Rayburn Tollway and Lewisville Lake Toll Bridge. All of these roadways serve as key connectors for people throughout the region.

I knew this was coming. I got a bill in the mail from NTTA the other day. lol

It must be incredibly cost prohibitive to install PikePass readers. I wonder how they did it.

5. Default Re: "Pikepass" good at North Texas Tollway starting in August

Dang, no more flying free for pike pass holders. I wonder if you take it down while you go through North Dallas, if it will still read it?

As far as i know, the folks like me that only travel through Dallas once or twice a year still don't get billed...muahahaha.

Wasn't the Kansas Turnpikes also getting fitted to read the Pikepass?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Dang, no more flying free for pike pass holders. I wonder if you take it down while you go through North Dallas, if it will still read it?

As far as i know, the folks like me that only travel through Dallas once or twice a year still don't get billed...muahahaha.
    I am there one or twice a month. but am not on the tollways enough for a bill.. I guess now it will be reading my Pikepass and charging me. Dang it.. with the new pikepass taking it down isn't an option as its a sticker on the window

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post

Two weeks ago I got a large bill covering about a year of visiting Dallas. If they haven't gotten to you yet, I am sure it is coming. They didn't charge penalties, but will if you don't pay on time.

This is true. I think they wait until you have a $25 dollar balance and then bill the mailing address associated with the tag number.

Will they also work in Houston? I know the NTTA toll tags work in Houston. But what about the Pikepass?

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    Will they also work in Houston? I know the NTTA toll tags work in Houston. But what about the Pikepass?
    NTTA and Harris County Toll Authority have separate readers, so as of now it doesn't look like it. I think the deal with Pikepass was strictly with NTTA, but starting in 2016 or 2017, all toll readers have to be compatible with each other in the entire country, so its coming.

12. Default Re: "Pikepass" good at North Texas Tollway starting in August

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Wasn't the Kansas Turnpikes also getting fitted to read the Pikepass?
    I went to KC a few weeks ago. Before I went I looked at the Kansas website. It said that OK Pikepass will be accepted in Kansas soon.

13. Default Re: "Pikepass" good at North Texas Tollway starting in August

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    NTTA and Harris County Toll Authority have separate readers, so as of now it doesn't look like it. I think the deal with Pikepass was strictly with NTTA, but starting in 2016 or 2017, all toll readers have to be compatible with each other in the entire country, so its coming.
    Which will be so nice. Especially to get things linked in with I-Pass and EZ-Pass, with that one being probably the biggest to link up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I am there one or twice a month. but am not on the tollways enough for a bill.. I guess now it will be reading my Pikepass and charging me. Dang it.. with the new pikepass taking it down isn't an option as its a sticker on the window
    I only go 2-3 times a year or so. I got a bill dating back to 2012. From what I could tell they used my tag and not my Pike Pass to find me.

Quote Originally Posted by NWOKCGuy View Post
    I only go 2-3 times a year or so. I got a bill dating back to 2012. From what I could tell they used my tag and not my Pike Pass to find me.
    Yes, NTTA has been using license tags for several years. They seem to eventually find you if you're a regular. Once or twice in their database and you won't hear from them. Under the new system, that obviously will not be the case.

if you're not on the tollways enough for a bill, that would put you around $1-2, correct? You wouldn't happen to shop at Cheapo Depot wold you?

So I thought this was interesting, my wife came home today and told me that American Fidelity will now be using the Pikepass to allow their employees on to their campus so they no longer have to roll down their window and flash their badges. Apparently they are reprogramming existing equipment and just need some info from each person with an account. So maybe this isn't as hard as people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    So I thought this was interesting, my wife came home today and told me that American Fidelity will now be using the Pikepass to allow their employees on to their campus so they no longer have to roll down their window and flash their badges. Apparently they are reprogramming existing equipment and just need some info from each person with an account. So maybe this isn't as hard as people think.
    But this will be insanely cost prohibitive at the airport.... (Sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    But this will be insanely cost prohibitive at the airport.... (Sigh)
    Clearly not the case. But hey, so have an opinion on everything lol.

20. Default Re: "Pikepass" good at North Texas Tollway starting in August

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    This is true. I think they wait until you have a $25 dollar balance and then bill the mailing address associated with the tag number.
    Hm, could be bad for me then. I have a university plate so even if i change cars, my tag stays the same. RATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    if you're not on the tollways enough for a bill, that would put you around $1-2, correct? You wouldn't happen to shop at Cheapo Depot wold you?
    when I had called before they told me that they only bill you if you reach X dollar amount in a months period. But as I said I am rarely on the tollway as I tend to stay in specific areas of the city ( downtown, Turtle creek, midtown ) and I don't travel the tolls out to the burbs or further north. So I don't need the tollway

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Two weeks ago I got a large bill covering about a year of visiting Dallas. If they haven't gotten to you yet, I am sure it is coming. They didn't charge penalties, but will if you don't pay on time.
    Yeah I got a two year bill after a year of sending them to the wrong address. Due to the delay they hit me with about $300 in penalty fees, so I was obviously pretty annoyed. I called and got it worked out, but it was quite concerned for a few days. I got a toll tag out of the deal, but it looks like I can trash that soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I had called before they told me that they only bill you if you reach X dollar amount in a months period. But as I said I am rarely on the tollway as I tend to stay in specific areas of the city ( downtown, Turtle creek, midtown ) and I don't travel the tolls out to the burbs or further north. So I don't need the tollway
    Just remember, they are installing TEXPRESS Lanes (a/k/a Lexus Lanes) along 35E between Denton and Carrollton. Its really getting to the point you cannot avoid toll roads.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Just remember, they are installing TEXPRESS Lanes (a/k/a Lexus Lanes) along 35E between Denton and Carrollton. Its really getting to the point you cannot avoid toll roads.
    yes when those go in it will be harder for me to avoid a toll. but as it stands I rarely hit a toll road unless I happen to venture up to Ikea.

Thread Information