Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
doesn't OKC already have an urban contemporary station at 92.1 and a hip-hop station at 103.5? I thought WILD was a Top - 40 station (whether you like the program director or not) as an alternative to KJ, and I also thought OKC had an alternative station or two already.

I think these formats are covered, and every other format except EDM and ethnics besides spanish. I totally agree that OKC has a ridiculous amount of religious, country, and sports channels on FM. 5 country stations?? OKC is much more diverse than that.
103.5 broadcasts from out west of Anadarko and many days is difficult to pick up in OKC especially north of I-40. Wild 104.9 is specifically programmed according to Cumulus' rural small-market Top 40 format, playing primarily older hits from 3-5 years ago. Wild is the stereotypical outdated, small town top 40 people used to joke about that I am surprised still exists in the age of the Internet. OKC had two alternative stations but lost both of them a few years ago, one changing to classic rock and the other changing to sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
In addition to Satellite radio iPods (and eventually smartphones) and bluetooth enabled stereos in cars becoming mainstream has been a problem for marketing to the under 40 across the county.
I do agree the trend is towards satellite radio. However, these formats I am speaking of that are lacking in OKC are pretty mainstream and are consistently heard in pretty much any other city.