Widgets Magazine

Thread: Nickson

Default Nickson

Brand new to OKC, Nickson is a furniture-as-a-service platform that has changed the way renters live in apartments.

Instead of ‘moving-in’ in the traditional sense, Nickson makes apartments move-in ready by providing all of the furnishings, décor, housewares, and in-home tech any apartment needs, installed before users arrive on move-in day, and all for a flat monthly fee.

With just a few clicks, users can submit their style preferences, upload a floorplan, and turn their apartments into move-in ready homes.

Living Nickson means a life free of buying furniture, packing boxes, and ‘moving’ as you know it. The service, which was founded in Texas, recently began servicing OKC and now empowers anyone relocating to or within OKC to effortlessly make the city their new home.

With Nickson, you can literally have everything and do nothing because life is hard and having a place to call home should be easy.

For a free move-in, use the promo code OKCTALK.

https://nicksonliving.com/

Default Re: Nickson

Their site is down... or blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Their site is down... or blocked?
    It worked fine for me.

BTW, this type of living is very common in Europe.

I had friends in London who had a flat and everything in it was rented including the flatware. Seems strange, but one of them moved from that unit to Australia forever and only took a couple of suitcases. It was pretty amazing.

It was working for me just a few minutes ago, but now says an unexpected error occurred.

I guess this service makes sense for a temporary living situation.

Think about all the people coming in to work on projects at Prairie Surf Studio.

A production company could partner with an apartment complex and Nickson and it would be far better than staying in a hotel.

At the same time, apartment operators could use this service to more easily rent out units.

It's an interesting idea, especially as a lot of younger people don't want to be bogged down with a bunch of stuff.

Yeah, that's kind of the situation I meant when I said temporary living situation. Or other situations where you don't expect to be here for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't have done it when apartment living as I expected I'd eventually buy a house so I bought furniture over time that I moved into that eventual house, but yeah I could see the benefit if you don't expect to be in a single place for long.

HangryHippo Guest

I think this is cool as hell. Very convenient.

8. Default Re: Nickson

You will own nothing, and you will be happy.

Blog Entries

How does this differ from 40-50 years ago when you could rent apartments and rent furniture at the same time? Does it have decorator services? Wall decorations?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    How does this differ from 40-50 years ago when you could rent apartments and rent furniture at the same time? Does it have decorator services? Wall decorations?
    Yes and yes.

You actually take a style quiz and a designer picks things for you. And not just furniture and decor but A/V equipment, linens, flatware, tableware, etc. Basically you can arrange for everything you would need and you'd just have to bring your suitcases.

Really cool idea. Especially for corporate relocations, traveling nurses and that type of thing.

Thread Information