Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children’s Learning Adventure (Daycare)

Default Children’s Learning Adventure (Daycare)

A really cool massive, new daycare facility being built along Penn right next to the Dental Depot in NW OKC... close to Quail Springs. They are also building one in Tulsa.

Will be 25,000 square feet; set to open October 11, 2014.

Here some pictures of what it will look like:

Main Entrance

Lobby & Reception Area

All new CLA centers opening in 2014 and beyond will feature tablets with CLA curriculum-based software that tracks each child's learning progress through his or her log-in.

Laboratory LagoonTM - A science and math environment encouraging questioning, experimentation and scientific discovery.

Reading ReefTM - A complete library with an extensive collection of literary interests to instill the love of reading.

Art Studio - A specialized, dedicated art studio complete with kiln for pottery and ceramics.

Picture ParadiseTM - A real television studio where children learn teamwork and speaking skills.

Imagination IslandTM - A miniature city in which children learn interpersonal relationship skills.

Bowling Lanes by Brunswick

Culinary CreationsTM - A specialty classroom that makes cooking both fun and educational.

Our playgrounds feature age-appropriate equipment including jungle gyms, basketball courts and tennis courts.

some more photos of their playgrounds can be found here: http://www.childrenslearningadventur...our/playground

Here are some awesome pictures of their after school complex:

After School Complex - Broadway-style theater where children can express their creativity.

Indoor Basketball Gym

After School Complex - iPads

After School Complex - Xbox Kinect, foosball, and other interactive games.

Nature's NookTM - A dedicated area where children learn an appreciation for the outdoors.

Here is the link to their gallery: http://www.childrenslearningadventur...-tour#lightbox[gallery]/0/

Website Homepage: http://www.childrenslearningadventure.com

This place looks like it will be freaking amazing!

Default Re: Children’s Learning Adventure (Daycare)

Some photos of the construction

7/01/2014

BTW, I think this would be great if they would build one of these in Deep Deuce or Midtown.. perhaps Core2Shore... another one in Norman might be a good idea. I'd say south side, but I'm not sure the "demographics" would support it. This place doesn't look cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    BTW, I think this would be great if they would build one of these in Deep Deuce or Midtown.. perhaps Core2Shore... another one in Norman might be a good idea. I'd say south side, but I'm not sure the "demographics" would support it. This place doesn't look cheap.
    Plupan, its very nice but I don't think anything that massive would be appropriate in either Deep Deuce or Midtown. The demographics would not support it. Core2Shore, maybe in 10 or 15 years. As far as the south side, I see no reason why it couldn't be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Plupan, its very nice but I don't think anything that massive would be appropriate in either Deep Deuce or Midtown. The demographics would not support it. Core2Shore, maybe in 10 or 15 years. As far as the south side, I see no reason why it couldn't be supported.
    one word... Money. The people that love on the south side aren't exactly Bill Gates here.... I know when you really get far south past Moore there are some wealthy pockets, but nothing like NW OKC... maybe I'm wrong though. I was thinking DD or Midtown to be a draw for those who do want to take their kids there from the East and south side that have the money to set aside.

one word... Money. The people that love on the south side aren't exactly Bill Gates here.... I know when you really get far south past Moore there are some wealthy pockets, but nothing like NW OKC... maybe I'm wrong though. I was thinking DD or Midtown to be a draw for those who do want to take their kids there from the East and south side that have the money to set aside.
    You're forgetting that the one of the wealthiest zip codes in all of OKC is on the south side (not far south past Moore) and that deep deuce and midtown are not areas that are currently drawing families with children to that extent. They exist but it's not a major factor at this point.

Didn't know that honestly... I guess they can then.. Never really looked hard into the demographics there

Didn't know that honestly... I guess they can then.. Never really looked hard into the demographics there
    Listen and you will learn, grasshopper. LOL

It will be nice to send your kids there every now and then. Only the richest of the rich will actually send their kids on a regular basis though.

I know my parents couldn't afford this kind of place when I was a kid. lol

Good god, Can I send myself there!?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly831 View Post
    Good god, Can I send myself there!?
    I already tried. Called them and told them I would like to attend... for some reason when I said I was 20, the lady called me a pervert and said she would be contacting the authorities should I choose to call back.

I already tried. Called them and told them I would like to attend... for some reason when I said I was 20, the lady called me a pervert and said she would be contacting the authorities should I choose to call back.
    She sounds like a very smart lady.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    She sounds like a very smart lady.
    all I want is to play in the ball pit. Can't ever any fun anymore! lol

9/14/2014

I drove by this the other day, not having seen this thread, and was shocked at its size and scope. Good lord. Kids won't want to be going home from this place. It looks like a theme park.

I saw a television commercial for them last week and meant to look up the location. Sadly it's North Side. Boo. Contrary to what was said earlier in this thread - I believe S. Side could totally support this concept. We have a Primrose School - and they're always on a wait list to get your kid in and it's one of the most expensive day cares. Our daughter started in the infant classroom at $260 a week, pretty sure it's gone up since then. And that's just one kid - many families have 2-3 kids at Primrose, so I'd say we could support a Children's Learning Adventure location as well. But they'd probably put it off of 19th street in Moore like everything else!! I think they should build one at 104th and Penn when they tear down that mansion instead! Genius!

They set a grand opening date of October 11th.

18. Default Re: Children’s Learning Adventure (Daycare)

What an eyesore, good grief. Hideous exterior design.

It's going to be a nice, albeit expensive, facility. Here's a part we supplied: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10694197_779516942113093_5266393646305975526_o.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	279.1 KB 
ID:	9161

I saw a commercial for this yesterday and first thing I said to the wife "that's going to be an expensive place". Also as others have said probably more exciting place to be then the kids will have at home.

21. Default Re: Children’s Learning Adventure (Daycare)

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    What an eyesore, good grief. Hideous exterior design.
    Agreed. The signage hurts my eyes.

Hmmmm... I think it looks great. Will definitely be good for the area. I do think they build one in the south side and another in C2S eventually.

So how does my school age child get to this place after school?

Quote Originally Posted by kswright29 View Post
    So how does my school age child get to this place after school?
    I'm sure they would have a bus that goes to each school and picks the kids up.

Looks like it would be a fun place to go, if you're a young child. I find it somewhat suspect, that it is built on Penn, literally just a few miles North of one of the biggest ghettos in NWOKC. Restaurants, and Retail shopping is one thing...but to have a place of congregation, and/or daycare for young children, in this area seems a little questionable. But once again...I'm sure data shows, that any business is most profitable in that area. Further North, or further West would have been the direction, I would have built. Lets hope for the children's sake, that the tuition/entry fees remain high enough, that it deters some of those of questionable character from having their children lingering in the establishment.

Thread Information