Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Energy Partners

Default Re: American Energy Partners

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Of the 350, how many would be in OKC?
    Lol and three weeks later he has hired 75 more people.

American Energy Partners has been on a hiring spree in Oklahoma City, and had more than 425 employees, according to Charlie Rexford, a representative for the company. The company had 98 job openings in Oklahoma listed on its website this week.

The sign on the east side of the south Atrium tower is now AEP. Can't really tell if it is the permanent sign or not, but you can see it from the highway.

Here are the plans for the AEP daycare center, being constructed adjacent to the fitness center (see article at the top of the page for the complete story):

Pete, the other day I noticed an AEP flag hanging in front of Two Grand. Looks like they must be leasing some space from MF..

Quote Originally Posted by kinggober View Post
    Pete, the other day I noticed an AEP flag hanging in front of Two Grand. Looks like they must be leasing some space from MF..
    I think they are leasing the whole building except for the first floor.

Bump. Was curious if anyone has heard anything about when AEP will be building their new corporate headquarters?

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    yeah, i've heard that but 1) i think he's changed his mind because it just didn't work out at chesapeake once they got to a certain size; and 2) it's completely silly. Aubrey was getting millions in bonuses and paying tons of friends and family way more than the average employee, so it's not like he wasn't actively and conspicuously participating in the most extreme forms of elitism and nepotism.

Even now, he has a massive corner office with a huge private bath and shower... But because it's no more than six floors from the ground that somehow makes him more part of the rank-and-file? I'm sure even he has given up on that pretense.
    lol

They are making good progress on their fitness center:

Why are they doing this now when they have relatively close plans of developing their campus on Wilshire & 235?

Good question.

They have also spent a lot of money for build-out on the office space they are renting.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Sometimes I think McClendon learned nothing from his Chesapeake experience.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    I know right? How much is it gonna suck when he builds another Fortune 500 company with 4,000 employees? What a moron.

I know right? How much is it gonna suck when he builds another Fortune 500 company with 4,000 employees? What a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    Why are they doing this now when they have relatively close plans of developing their campus on Wilshire & 235?
    I assume because they have immediate needs now and some existing or somewhat existing infrastructure in place. Having a daycare for their current employees operational fairly soon would be a HUGE asset. A million or two in real estate development (which has tangible value and can be resold) is nothing to a large energy company, they make more than that in a day. As a parent of daycare aged children, I can personally attest to lack of daycare services in this city, BIGTIME, and quality facilities at that. Most of the quality centers have a 1-2 year waiting list; when AEP moves to a more "permanent" campus, they should have no problem selling their quality daycare center, or having two.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    If McClendon hadn't been outed and stopped with his antics last time at Chesapeake, it may very well not be here today. Yes, I believe that. It was a rescue not a day too soon. I see him doing many of the same things at AEP. Sure, I can see where some applaud his ways, but remember where it got him last time. What other energy company is in the midst of building a fitness center in this environment? It's about image and corporate culture as much as anything. We've seen it before. There are positive qualities to the man, but he's also reckless and his decision making borders on narcissism. Many narcissists are successful, but success is also in the eye of the beholder, or in the portfolios of the players.

If McClendon hadn't been outed and stopped with his antics last time at Chesapeake, it may very well not be here today. Yes, I believe that. It was a rescue not a day too soon. I see him doing many of the same things at AEP. Sure, I can see where some applaud his ways, but remember where it got him last time. What other energy company is in the midst of building a fitness center in this environment? It's about image and corporate culture as much as anything. We've seen it before. There are positive qualities to the man, but he's also reckless and his decision making borders on narcissism. Many narcissists are successful, but success is also in the eye of the beholder, or in the portfolios of the players.
    I for one wouldn't mind him doing the same thing over and over again.

Unless you can find a way that him building Fortune 500 companies is bad?

His narcissm has 0 effect on my life.

17. Default Re: American Energy Partners

The building of an employee fitness center or a daycare center is not narcissistic OR restless; those amenities are expected by employees and prospective employees in the headquarters of a major corporation.

Get back with me when AEP is developing shopping centers, tree farms, or lake resorts.

So AEP is not going to be building a tower downtown I assume? IMO all local large energy co's should have a tower downtown OKC.

except that he's building a group of companies in which there is almost no way he can possibly be ousted from, so he's definitely learned from his experience at CHK. Given that he likely can not be removed, we'll see if his leadership will actually run a company into the ground this time. As for having a daycare and a fitness center... That's par for the course everywhere now. Don't have it and you won't be competitive with other large companies.

also sandridge just completely rebuilt its fitness center in this environment and Devon added an additional fitness center that was recently finished.

That was going to hold a LOT of wine

I'm having drinks with their lead counsel when I'm in town next week.

Hope to learn more about their plans but they are notoriously secretive. Hopefully the drinks at Broadway 10 are strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hopefully the drinks at Broadway 10 are strong.
    Bourbon & bacon usually do the trick!

BTW, I was told last week by one of the top guys at AEP they now have 650 employees with about 100 open positions.

Any word on if/when they'll develop the property at Broadway and Wilshire?

Thread Information