Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Houston

Default Re: Houston

Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    The project looks like its in jeopardy.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hou...ues-txdot/amp/
    I read that. The only thing that was unexpected was FHWA asking TxDOT to hold on the project but it doesn’t change much. The lawsuits, especially from Harris county, were expected. I’m not sure what will come of the FHWA. They are also complaining with Pete B about the I-49 connector in Shreveport.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I read that. The only thing that was unexpected was FHWA asking TxDOT to hold on the project but it doesn’t change much. The lawsuits, especially from Harris county, were expected. I’m not sure what will come of the FHWA. They are also complaining with Pete B about the I-49 connector in Shreveport.
    Its a ****fest for sure.

Its a ****fest for sure.
    It's a massive project though. To put it in perspective, that single project, just one of many multibillion dollar projects going on in Houston, is almost 8 billion dollars which exceeds Oklahoma's DOT's multi-year plan by itself. It's amazing. Houston is one of the few major cities that is actively reducing traffic congestion given how fast its growing. SLC is another one.

Houston just now needs to get on the ball with a massive downtown elevated rail network.

If Houston can its mass transit game going, Austin builds out its network, Dallas does the same, along with all the proposed freeway improvements like Houston's I-45, Austin's I-35, and then if the HSR line is built, Texas will arguably have some of the best infrastructure in the world.

It's a massive project though. To put it in perspective, that single project, just one of many multibillion dollar projects going on in Houston, is almost 8 billion dollars which exceeds Oklahoma's DOT's multi-year plan by itself. It's amazing. Houston is one of the few major cities that is actively reducing traffic congestion given how fast its growing. SLC is another one.

Houston just now needs to get on the ball with a massive downtown elevated rail network.

If Houston can its mass transit game going, Austin builds out its network, Dallas does the same, along with all the proposed freeway improvements like Houston's I-45, Austin's I-35, and then if the HSR line is built, Texas will arguably have some of the best infrastructure in the world.
    I would love to see Houston build a rail network like DFW.

HOUSTON NAILS RANKING AS BUSIEST HOME CONSTRUCTION MARKET IN US

HOUSTON, Texas -- New single-family homes are popping up like mushrooms around Greater Houston, with the region nailing down its status as the busiest home construction market in the country.

Data from the National Association of Home Builders shows the Houston area issued 48,208 construction permits for single-family homes in 2020. That cements the Bayou City's status as No. 1 among U.S. metro areas for single-family construction permits handed out last year.

Following just behind is Dallas-Fort Worth, which issued 43,884 construction permits and thus landing at No. 2 overall in the U.S. for permits. The Austin area ranked fifth overall (21,653 permits).
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.c...2020/10421066/

I would love to see Houston build a rail network like DFW.
    Yeah DFW has a decent rail network. Currently there is a dispute about trenching I-345 impacting a future subway(D2) which is just silly to me as there has to be a way to build both.

SA and Houston need to come up with their own Austin type mass transit proposal. Dallas seems about finished with its current one so I’m excited to see what proposed expansion is ultimately made.

Yeah DFW has a decent rail network. Currently there is a dispute about trenching I-345 impacting a future subway(D2) which is just silly to me as there has to be a way to build both.

SA and Houston need to come up with their own Austin type mass transit proposal. Dallas seems about finished with its current one so I’m excited to see what proposed expansion is ultimately made.
    Your preaching. I've been saying this for years for our major cities in Texas to have some sort of future transit proposal. Austin is now following in Dallas footstep by having a vision set and partial funding in place. Now we wait for additional funding to be approved from Washington.

Austin definitely picked the right time for this. Texas really should take advantage of the new infrastructure bill and go big. Build out the full HSR triangle proposal at once instead of just the Houston to Dallas line.

Texas Tower topped out

By Cityliving on HAIF
    https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/...e/38/#comments

The project looks like its in jeopardy.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hou...ues-txdot/amp/
    It looks like this project is basically going to be killed unfortunately. We’ll see next week but the FHWA under the rule of Pete B(who i am really beginning to dislike) has blocked the project. This is second project he’s done this to after working with California to stop the 710 south expansion. This is infuriating.

HangryHippo Guest

ratio3x2_1200.jpg

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...photo-22409816

The Galleria’s skyline is about to change with the addition of a 43-story mixed-use project planned for one of Houston’s most prominent thoroughfares.

Houston real estate firm DeisoMoss is preparing to break ground next year on a residential, retail and office tower at 2120 Post Oak Blvd, located in the Uptown area about half mile away from the Galleria mall.

Wow, my goodness. That's a nice looking tower.

Its a real treat if you are a urban development fan, and live in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Salt Lake City, Nashville, or Charlotte these days!

Parkside Residences at Discovery Green, 43-stories. Wrapping up construction

6DAAFE93-9571-4294-B690-C1C965DF18D0.jpeg
    A4A9B3AF-EFF2-4EB4-9C90-34B4C042D0F2.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Wow, my goodness. That's a nice looking tower.

Its a real treat if you are a urban development fan, and live in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Salt Lake City, Nashville, or Charlotte these days!
    And if you hate alcohol, stay in SLC. No high point beer for them. No doubles at bars, no ordering more than 1 drink at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    And if you hate alcohol, stay in SLC. No high point beer for them. No doubles at bars, no ordering more than 1 drink at a time.
    Funny you said that, because I drink every weekend, and I was born and raised in the SLC metro area.

Off topic but Houston IMO has some the best Vietnamese cuisine in the US

1550 On The Green Tower, 28-floor office building in DT Houston

fit.jpeg
    rendering

5A5620C0-8354-44D6-9E9E-E0EE2975F5C1.jpeg.548655753a2851cd19f3ca121ec2ff70.jpeg
    construction

Thread Information