Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Results 176 to 194 of 194

Thread: Houston

  1. #176

    Default Re: Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    The project looks like its in jeopardy.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hou...ues-txdot/amp/
    I read that. The only thing that was unexpected was FHWA asking TxDOT to hold on the project but it doesn’t change much. The lawsuits, especially from Harris county, were expected. I’m not sure what will come of the FHWA. They are also complaining with Pete B about the I-49 connector in Shreveport.

  2. #177

    Default Re: Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I read that. The only thing that was unexpected was FHWA asking TxDOT to hold on the project but it doesn’t change much. The lawsuits, especially from Harris county, were expected. I’m not sure what will come of the FHWA. They are also complaining with Pete B about the I-49 connector in Shreveport.
    Its a ****fest for sure.

  3. #178

    Default Re: Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    Its a ****fest for sure.
    It's a massive project though. To put it in perspective, that single project, just one of many multibillion dollar projects going on in Houston, is almost 8 billion dollars which exceeds Oklahoma's DOT's multi-year plan by itself. It's amazing. Houston is one of the few major cities that is actively reducing traffic congestion given how fast its growing. SLC is another one.

    Houston just now needs to get on the ball with a massive downtown elevated rail network.

    If Houston can its mass transit game going, Austin builds out its network, Dallas does the same, along with all the proposed freeway improvements like Houston's I-45, Austin's I-35, and then if the HSR line is built, Texas will arguably have some of the best infrastructure in the world.

  4. #179

    Default Re: Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It's a massive project though. To put it in perspective, that single project, just one of many multibillion dollar projects going on in Houston, is almost 8 billion dollars which exceeds Oklahoma's DOT's multi-year plan by itself. It's amazing. Houston is one of the few major cities that is actively reducing traffic congestion given how fast its growing. SLC is another one.

    Houston just now needs to get on the ball with a massive downtown elevated rail network.

    If Houston can its mass transit game going, Austin builds out its network, Dallas does the same, along with all the proposed freeway improvements like Houston's I-45, Austin's I-35, and then if the HSR line is built, Texas will arguably have some of the best infrastructure in the world.
    I would love to see Houston build a rail network like DFW.

  5. #180

    Default Re: Houston

    HOUSTON NAILS RANKING AS BUSIEST HOME CONSTRUCTION MARKET IN US

    HOUSTON, Texas -- New single-family homes are popping up like mushrooms around Greater Houston, with the region nailing down its status as the busiest home construction market in the country.

    Data from the National Association of Home Builders shows the Houston area issued 48,208 construction permits for single-family homes in 2020. That cements the Bayou City's status as No. 1 among U.S. metro areas for single-family construction permits handed out last year.

    Following just behind is Dallas-Fort Worth, which issued 43,884 construction permits and thus landing at No. 2 overall in the U.S. for permits. The Austin area ranked fifth overall (21,653 permits).
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.c...2020/10421066/

  6. #181

    Default Re: Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    I would love to see Houston build a rail network like DFW.
    Yeah DFW has a decent rail network. Currently there is a dispute about trenching I-345 impacting a future subway(D2) which is just silly to me as there has to be a way to build both.

    SA and Houston need to come up with their own Austin type mass transit proposal. Dallas seems about finished with its current one so I’m excited to see what proposed expansion is ultimately made.

  7. #182

    Default Re: Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Yeah DFW has a decent rail network. Currently there is a dispute about trenching I-345 impacting a future subway(D2) which is just silly to me as there has to be a way to build both.

    SA and Houston need to come up with their own Austin type mass transit proposal. Dallas seems about finished with its current one so I’m excited to see what proposed expansion is ultimately made.
    Your preaching. I've been saying this for years for our major cities in Texas to have some sort of future transit proposal. Austin is now following in Dallas footstep by having a vision set and partial funding in place. Now we wait for additional funding to be approved from Washington.

  8. #183

    Default Re: Houston

    Austin definitely picked the right time for this. Texas really should take advantage of the new infrastructure bill and go big. Build out the full HSR triangle proposal at once instead of just the Houston to Dallas line.

  9. #184

    Default Re: Houston

    Texas Tower topped out




    By Cityliving on HAIF
    https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/...e/38/#comments

  10. #185

    Default Re: Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    The project looks like its in jeopardy.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hou...ues-txdot/amp/
    It looks like this project is basically going to be killed unfortunately. We’ll see next week but the FHWA under the rule of Pete B(who i am really beginning to dislike) has blocked the project. This is second project he’s done this to after working with California to stop the 710 south expansion. This is infuriating.

  11. #186

    Default Re: Houston

    ..

  12. #187

    Default Re: Houston

    ratio3x2_1200.jpg

    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...photo-22409816

    The Galleria’s skyline is about to change with the addition of a 43-story mixed-use project planned for one of Houston’s most prominent thoroughfares.

    Houston real estate firm DeisoMoss is preparing to break ground next year on a residential, retail and office tower at 2120 Post Oak Blvd, located in the Uptown area about half mile away from the Galleria mall.

  13. #188

    Default Re: Houston

    Wow, my goodness. That's a nice looking tower.

    Its a real treat if you are a urban development fan, and live in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Salt Lake City, Nashville, or Charlotte these days!

  14. #189

    Default Re: Houston

    Parkside Residences at Discovery Green, 43-stories. Wrapping up construction

    6DAAFE93-9571-4294-B690-C1C965DF18D0.jpeg
    A4A9B3AF-EFF2-4EB4-9C90-34B4C042D0F2.jpeg

  15. #190

    Default Re: Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Wow, my goodness. That's a nice looking tower.

    Its a real treat if you are a urban development fan, and live in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Salt Lake City, Nashville, or Charlotte these days!
    And if you hate alcohol, stay in SLC. No high point beer for them. No doubles at bars, no ordering more than 1 drink at a time.

  16. #191

    Default Re: Houston

    Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    And if you hate alcohol, stay in SLC. No high point beer for them. No doubles at bars, no ordering more than 1 drink at a time.
    Funny you said that, because I drink every weekend, and I was born and raised in the SLC metro area.

  17. #192

    Default Re: Houston

    Off topic but Houston IMO has some the best Vietnamese cuisine in the US

  18. #193

  19. #194

    Default Re: Houston

    1550 On The Green Tower, 28-floor office building in DT Houston

    fit.jpeg
    rendering

    5A5620C0-8354-44D6-9E9E-E0EE2975F5C1.jpeg.548655753a2851cd19f3ca121ec2ff70.jpeg
    construction

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OKC the next Houston?
    By NorthTexan12 in forum Ask Anything About OKC
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 10:04 AM
  2. Queston about Houston!!
    By Watson410 in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 10:29 PM
  3. 1-14-2006 We own Houston
    By upisgr8 in forum Sports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 11:49 PM
  4. 12.28.05 v. Houston Rockets
    By Doug Loudenback in forum Sports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 04:58 PM
  5. 10.27.05 vs Houston - WE WIN!
    By Doug Loudenback in forum Sports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 07:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO