Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 55 12345651 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Thunder OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

With the draft coming up on Thursday it seems to be time to start talking more seriously about next season, which will begin in about 4 months. Seems like last season was just over doesn't it?

I've seen and heard as many ideas about what OKC will do in the draft as there are commentators who talk about it. I really don't have a clue at this point. Logical thoughts anyone?

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

3rd pg. A shooter at the 2 or a power forward. I only think we take 1 in the draft and use other other pick in either a trade or a draft and stash.

There are so many possibilities that it's very hard to predict. I think the Thunder may wait to decide until seeing who slides to them... Or they already have trades lined up. Who knows? There are a lot of good players in this draft though.

In Presti we trust...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    In Presti we trust...
    Speaking of: Sam Presti: How far above the norm are the Thunder drafts? | News OK

6. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Report: Pat Riley and the Heat intent to 'make a run' at acquiring Kendrick Perkins:

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/statu...89005089591296

KD's fun new Nike commercial.

I am super late on this I should have said this right after we lost to the the Spurs. The Thunder will NEVER win a title as long as we have Scott Brooks, Thabo Sefolosha, and Kendrick Perkins on the same damn team. Period point blank. Scott Brooks, it is time to exit stage left!

9. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Jabee's in good company there...

Draft night tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    I am super late on this I should have said this right after we lost to the the Spurs. The Thunder will NEVER win a title as long as we have Scott Brooks, Thabo Sefolosha, and Kendrick Perkins on the same damn team. Period point blank. Scott Brooks, it is time to exit stage left!
    KD and Russ say Scott Brooks is their man.
    Thabo is gone by next week
    Perkins is in his final year at the most.......

Tacko Fall! Tacko Fall!! Tacko Fall!!!

The Thunder took Mitch McGary out of Michigan with the 21st pick. Likely future replacement for Collison:

(I absolutely hate this pick... but I hated the Steven Adams pick last season so I could definitely be wrong)

Worst pick ever, Cole Aldrich all over again, and they pass up on Shabazz Napier? Wow...Napier would of made a nice back up PG, then we could have started Reggie, and moved Russ to the 2, epic fail by Presti and his team. McGrary would have been available at 29. And you see the Heat now traded for Napier, that is why they have rings, disappointed. The last thing we need is another big man, we just picked up Adams and he looks promising, wow.

Admitting to myself I know nothing about NBA basketball, or how teams make their moves, I *did* finallly learn *not* to get excited about off-season/draft moves made by the Thunder. After a couple of seasons where it seemed they had lots of opportunity to make some moves, and didn't, I finally went into this season expecting *nothing* in that department.

And now I'm not nearly so disappointed to see things like Afflalo (sp) go for pocket change to Denver, or for us to waste a 21 pick on McGary.

If we work it just right, maybe we can trade the 29th pick to the Pelicans for a developmental team washout, $1M, and a player to be named later.

People will complain about the picks until they do better than expected then people will have unrealistic expectations for them.

Welcome to the last 2 years.

We may all be wrong, but we then used our second 1st round pick on a guy projected to go at the end of the second round who is almost the exact same player as Andre Roberson. I feel like Presti is trying to be a genius instead of just being smart. BUT, Presti might know a bit more than me.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The Thunder took Mitch McGary out of Michigan with the 21st pick. Likely future replacement for Collison:

(I absolutely hate this pick... but I hated the Steven Adams pick last season so I could definitely be wrong)
    This may be another diamond-in-the-rough for Sam Presti; this young man has energy like Westbrook, rough like Perkins, tough as Collison & Adams and a total team player. Could he be another 'gem' for Presti?

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

We may all be wrong, but we then used our second 1st round pick on a guy projected to go at the end of the second round who is almost the exact same player as Andre Roberson. I feel like Presti is trying to be a genius instead of just being smart. BUT, Presti might know a bit more than me.
    This guy from Stanford can actually shoot the ball where Robes struggles. He also has the school record for blocked shots, and a 7' 2" wingspan.

McGary was the second best rated high school player his senior year. I think he'll be Collison and or Perks replacement. He may turn out to be a real good rotation player.

Remember Westbrook shocked the draft when he was selected 4th.

The thing I don't get is that McGary would have likely been available at 29 and Josh Huestis could of been had mid-to-late 2nd round. It seems like we could at least trade down and get a future 2nd round pick. Presti often talks about assets, but then asks to pay the car salesmen more than he's asking for a used car.

Looks like the Thunder also traded for the #55 pick Semaj Christon out of Xavier:

The thing I don't get is that McGary would have likely been available at 29 and Josh Huestis could of been had mid-to-late 2nd round. It seems like we could at least trade down and get a future 2nd round pick. Presti often talks about assets, but then asks to pay the car salesmen more than he's asking for a used car.
    Several reports that Nola was going to trade up to 22 to draft him

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Worst pick ever, Cole Aldrich all over again, and they pass up on Shabazz Napier? Wow...Napier would of made a nice back up PG, then we could have started Reggie, and moved Russ to the 2, epic fail by Presti and his team. McGrary would have been available at 29. And you see the Heat now traded for Napier, that is why they have rings, disappointed. The last thing we need is another big man, we just picked up Adams and he looks promising, wow.
    Completely disagree. McGary looks like Nick Collison in waiting. The Thunder have groomed RW to play PG, why would we want to move him to SG and start the whole process all over again? The last thing we need is another big man? Perk will be gone this year or next. Collison is on his downward swing and Thabeet has not played well. So, after this next year, we will have Adams, Ibaka and Collison. Think that is enough? He needs a full year to get the speed of the game, kind of like Adams did. He is a big body down low with good hops. Basically Perk with some shooting skills and not brick hands and feet.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Talk about fail you want to move the second best pg in the league to the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Completely disagree. McGary looks like Nick Collison in waiting. The Thunder have groomed RW to play PG, why would we want to move him to SG and start the whole process all over again? The last thing we need is another big man? Perk will be gone this year or next. Collison is on his downward swing and Thabeet has not played well. So, after this next year, we will have Adams, Ibaka and Collison. Think that is enough? He needs a full year to get the speed of the game, kind of like Adams did. He is a big body down low with good hops. Basically Perk with some shooting skills and not brick hands and feet.
    I agree. But I will add that colison is in the last year of his deal as well. And he is 34. This could likey be his last year with the thunder

Thread Information