Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

The running theory is butt-hurt Congans miffed about Ibaka playing for the Spanish team.

Blog Entries

Let's wish Paul George a speedy recovery.

Paul George, Indiana Pacers' SG

The Team USA showcase came to a gruesome and unfortunate end Friday night, when Indiana Pacers small forward Paul George suffered what appeared to be a serious right leg injury in the fourth quarter and the game was subsequently called off.--Paul George injury ends USA basketball scrimmage

This is one reasons why NBA coaches are concerned about their players participation in these international events. This will be a devastating blow to the Indiana Pacers for the 2014-15 NBA season. A scrimmage between players on the same team. You could call it a freak accident?

Kevin Durant is a gym rat; he loves playing the game. Let's hope he passes the 2015-16 baton on to other players who would like to represent our country. Russell Westbrook made the right choice to sit out. He is committed to concentrate his efforts on strength conditioning and full recovery.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Blog Entries

THIS IS DIFFICULT TO WATCH...

Paul George runs into the bottom of the backboard stanchion...

Poor kid. Don't know if he will ever be the same, and for pr type junk. Real shame.

Definitely not for the squeamish. Ouuuuuch. My thoughts are with Paul George.

I'm sorry if I missed this in earlier posts but do the players have an option to turn this kind of game down?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I'm sorry if I missed this in earlier posts but do the players have an option to turn this kind of game down?

Yes they do. Westbrook did.

Thank you. We might see a drop in NBA players in this next year. That video is just awful to watch.

NBA star Kevin Durant bails on Nike as Under Armour prepares huge offer

The Daily News also suggests a Durant-Under Armour deal could be the first step in bringing Durant to the Washington Wizards when he becomes a free agent in two years. The newspaper cites philanthropic ties between Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis.

If Durant joins Under Armour — not to mention the Wizards — he'll bring a lot of star power. Matt Powell, a footwear and apparel analyst with Princeton Retail Analysis, told the Portland Business Journal that Nike sold about $175 million worth of Durant's signature shoes in 2013. Powell expects Durant's appeal to be worth more money this year, he said, calling Durant a "tremendous brand ambassador."

NBA star Kevin Durant bails on Nike as Under Armour prepares huge offer - Baltimore Business Journal

Durant to the Wizards, and it all starts with a shoe deal! lol

It's this season, next or never if we're gonna win a championship. Enjoy the ride while it lasts and pray the Sooner fans don't kill the arena getting sold out streak because they're dissatisfied with an average NBA team...

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    It's this season, next or never if we're gonna win a championship. Enjoy the ride while it lasts and pray the Sooner fans don't kill the arena getting sold out streak because they're dissatisfied with an average NBA team...
    So true,

Cherish what is near to you while he's dear to you; don't wait till he's gone...

K.D. is a genuine true blessing to our city. My observation of him is that he is thankful for what the Lord has provided for him and his family. If he returns to the Washington D.C. area, it will not be a decision led by his potential to make more money. Kevin is not about greed.

Let's enjoy Kevin Durant, when 2016 approaches we will know more about his feelings.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Enjoy the ride while it lasts and pray the Sooner fans don't kill the arena getting sold out streak because they're dissatisfied with an average NBA team...
    Not sure what this means. OU averaged almost 71,000 fans in John Blake's third year in 1998. Let me repeat: 71,000 fans to see a John Blake coached team... in his third year. You can make an argument that OU fans complain or aren't noisy enough, but you certainly can't say they don't show up to games. In fact, you could make a case that OU has one of the best fan bases in this regard (Example: OU was picked for the Sugar Bowl over several others universities purely on the outstanding reputation of the fan base to show up to games).

A guy who works in my wife's office said he saw KD and a new player (who hasn't played yet) in the Asian District last night. She didn't catch who the new player was, and I will presume it was at a restaurant.

kd's basketball camps are thursday and friday, so that's why he's back in town.

KD making the dough -

NBA / Aug 6, 2014 / 10:30 pm

Report: Kevin Durant Close To $325 Million Endorsement Deal With Under Armour.

10 year contract.

KD just dropped out of the USA team. Smart move.

http://www.nba.com/thunder/release_statement_140807

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    KD just dropped out of the USA team. Smart move.

Kevin Durant Statement | Oklahoma City Thunder
    Kevin Durant withdrew Thursday from the U.S. national team, the biggest loss yet for a weakening American squad that will go to Spain without the leading scorer on its last two gold medal winners.--Aug 7, 2014, 7:19 PM ET By BRIAN MAHONEY AP Basketball Writer

A true blessing in disguise.

Now, Serge Ibaka needs to withdraw... ...bring your hips home! ***Westbrook's ready mode...

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Oklahoma City Thunder TV analyst Grant Long resigns from position | News OK

"Thunder television analyst Grant Long has resigned his position and will not return to Fox Sports Oklahoma for the 2014-15 season, the Thunder announced Monday. Long held the position alongside color commentator Brian Davis since the team moved to Oklahoma City in 2008."

put me on the Desmond Mason train for a replacement
    I think Grant Long was one of the best analyst I have heard in the NBA. Even better than some of the National broadcast analysts at ESPN, etc. Even though he was analyzing on the Thunder's side, he also did a good job analyzing the opponent's positives. Replacing him won't be easy.

A story about who people think should be the replacement for Long, will be in Monday's paper. Desmond Mason naturally, has been proposed by many. I think it has to be someone who is excited not just about the team, but would be willing to embrace our great city as well. What about someone from OU or OSU's past like Mookie Blaylock, Byron Houston, John Starks, or Waymon Tisdale?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCJapan View Post
    I think Grant Long was one of the best analyst I have heard in the NBA. Even better than some of the National broadcast analysts at ESPN, etc. Even though he was analyzing on the Thunder's side, he also did a good job analyzing the opponent's positives. Replacing him won't be easy.

A story about who people think should be the replacement for Long in Monday's paper. Desmond Mason naturally, has been proposed by many. I think it has to be someone who is excited not just about the team, but would be willing to embrace our great city as well. What about someone from OU or OSU's past like Mookie Blaylock, Byron Houston, John Starks, or Waymon Tisdale?

Sadly, Waymon Tisdale is no longer alive. He passed away about 5 years ago.

Wayman Tisdale, Oklahoma Sooners basketball legend, dies at 44 - ESPN

For some interesting local speculation.

http://newsok.com/thunder-tv-analyst...rticle/5146450

Quote Originally Posted by OKCJapan View Post

A story about who people think should be the replacement for Long, will be in Monday's paper. Desmond Mason naturally, has been proposed by many. I think it has to be someone who is excited not just about the team, but would be willing to embrace our great city as well. What about someone from OU or OSU's past like Mookie Blaylock, Byron Houston, John Starks, or Waymon Tisdale?
    Desmond went to OSU, played professionally for several years and now lives here on a permanent basis. He would be a great fit.

Great news ! The schedule comes out tomorrow.... wonder who we'll play Christmas day ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Great news ! The schedule comes out tomorrow.... wonder who we'll play Christmas day ?
    It will be the Spurs but won't be here sadly.

23. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Thunder projected to have the best regular season record in the NBA this coming season. 58-24. All I want is the most wins in the post season.

NBA: 2014 Summer Forecast -- West standings - ESPN

Looks like the Thunder open at Portland then travel to LA to play the Clips. Tough start.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Looks like the Thunder open at Portland then travel to LA to play the Clips. Tough start.
    Paper reported they open at Portland, didn't say anything about the Clips, but open at home against Denver Nov 1. We'll know at 5:00 pm today though.

Thread Information