Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

I know nothing will be said of it officially, and it is my theory.

But in the arena during elimination game 6, Butler was ready to play (he was on the bike the entire game staying warmed up); he kept running to the bench for timeouts to be in the huddle, then would go back to the bike. He was upset Fisher got the go-ahead spot, and he showed his emotional displeasure by not giving the press the light of day for exit interviews.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I know nothing will be said of it officially, and it is my theory.

But in the arena during elimination game 6, Butler was ready to play (he was on the bike the entire game staying warmed up); he kept running to the bench for timeouts to be in the huddle, then would go back to the bike. He was upset Fisher got the go-ahead spot, and he showed his emotional displeasure by not giving the press the light of day for exit interviews.
    Caron Butler's bike episode was just a façade.

Here is why Butler did not play in game six:

That was Scott Brooks' decision. Every time we lost a playoff game the onus was on Scott Brook. What did Caron Butler do in the San Antonio series:

Why Caron Butler did not play in game six?

Game
    @_SA-1. Spurs 122-105 Butler 25 minutes; FGM-A 2-6 3PM-A 1-4 9 Points
    @_SA-2. Spurs 112-77 Butler 19 minutes; FGM-A 3-8 3PM-A 1-3 9 Points

@OKC-3. Thunder 106-97 Butler 20 minutes; FGM-A 2-6 3PM-A 1-2 5 Points
    @OKC-4. Thunder 105-92 Butler 23 minutes; FGM-A 2-3 3PM-A 0-1 4 Points

@_SA-5. Spurs 117-89 Butler 13 minutes; FGM-A 0-3 3PM-A 0-2 2 Points (2-3 FTA-M)

Overtime game:
    @OKC-6. Spurs 112-107 Coaches decision: Butler did not play. Jeremy Lamb took Butler's minutes (14) he was 6-8 in FGM-A and 1-1 in Free throws for 13 total points; that was more points than Butler scored (11 total) in games 3,4 & 5.

As you can see, Butler's points continue to drop especially when Ibaka returned in game 3. This is when Caron's production was needed. Should Scott Brooks have pulled him after game three?

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

PJIII had arthroscopic knee surgery today. Out 4 - 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    PJIII had arthroscopic knee surgery today. Out 4 - 6 weeks.

Worth noting, this was a planned procedure.

I just loved this KFOR special feature on Serge. It's obviously not a publicity move for him and he means everything he says. Kudos to him.

From a slum to Thunder star, Serge Ibaka gives back to his homeland hoping others will show compassion | KFOR.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I just loved this KFOR special feature on Serge. It's obviously not a publicity move for him and he means everything he says. Kudos to him.

From a slum to Thunder star, Serge Ibaka gives back to his homeland hoping others will show compassion | KFOR.com
    Thanks Ijbab for the recognition you cited about Serge Ibaka. It's a true reminder of what we are about as a nation.

This was enlightening for me to witness (Channel 4's special on Ibaka) what Serge has brought back to his community. He makes the sign of the cross in game situations is truly genuine. He has returned to his native land (Congo) to share his wealth in knowledge and giving back in ways that benefits the community as a whole.

(Psalms 50:14-15) Offer to God thanksgiving, And pay your vows to the Most High. {15} Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."
    "What you do to the least of these, you do unto me"
    Serge practices what he preaches. Ibaka is a Godsend.

Have faith! We do not live in a dog-eat-dog society; those who are fortunate, give back-- as you share your wealth, it will be returned in many ways.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

8. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Oklahoma City Thunder TV analyst Grant Long resigns from position | News OK

"Thunder television analyst Grant Long has resigned his position and will not return to Fox Sports Oklahoma for the 2014-15 season, the Thunder announced Monday. Long held the position alongside color commentator Brian Davis since the team moved to Oklahoma City in 2008."

put me on the Desmond Mason train for a replacement

I hate that he's having personal problems but I'm not upset he won't be on tv anymore.

I heard them talking about figuring a new color man on the radio but I thought it was fantasy league for color commentary.

Hope Mr. Long has good future endeavors.

I second #34!

Blog Entries

Josh Huestis, first stashed domestic pick?

It was a clever idea by one of the most forward-thinking front offices in the league.
    Josh Huestis, first stashed domestic pick? - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Josh Huestis, first stashed domestic pick?

Josh Huestis, first stashed domestic pick? - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

The National Basketball Player's Association is going to have some serious questions if Presti does this.

Default OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    The National Basketball Player's Association is going to have some serious questions if Presti does this.
    The article addresses it and says Huestis went to them about it before the draft. They indicated they are ok with it because it might shed light on the rookie scale and lead to negotiated contracts instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM2 View Post
    The article addresses it and says Huestis went to them about it before the draft. They indicated they are ok with it because it might shed light on the rookie scale and lead to negotiated contracts instead.
    Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I read about this the other day in a different article and didn't bother to read this one. Which goes to show - read the story you're commenting on! Sorry. But, thanks for the heads up!

KD's most recent comments about free agency.

Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant on free agency: 'I'm going to do what's best for me' | News OK

“I’m going to do what’s best for me,” Durant told reporters in Las Vegas, where he was practicing with the U.S. Men’s National Team in preparation for next month’s FIBA World Cup. “It’s hard to talk about that right now when I’ve got two years left in Oklahoma City. I’m just going to focus on that. I’m not going to make a decision based on what anybody else does.”

If I've learned anything about free agency, there's no point in worrying about it now. There are million variables that could affect KD's decision between then and now. LaMarcus Aldridge was planning to leave the Blazers before they had a good season last year, but now he says he's committed to staying. The opposite happened with Dwight Howard in LA. The 24/7 media is going to make KD's free agency a story even if there's no story... I'm not going to waste my time with rumors, speculation, or interpreting vague statements, but a lot of reporters will.

He is certainly saying the right things for now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-d...013749922.html

"I'm going to do what is best for me," Durant said. "It's hard to talk about that right now. I have two years left with Oklahoma City. I'm just focusing on that. I'm not going to make a decision based on what somebody else does."

James departed Miami after four straight NBA Finals appearances that included two titles. Winning a title in Oklahoma City, however, could have an opposite impact on Durant.

"Two years straight [winning titles], that would be cool," he said. "It would definitely be tough to do anything. It's one of those things where you're building a dynasty now winning two in a row.

"But I'm not focused on down the line. I'm focused on today. I love my teammates and my coaches. I love Oklahoma City."

“I’m going to do what’s best for me,” Durant told reporters in Las Vegas, where he was practicing with the U.S. Men’s National Team in preparation for next month’s FIBA World Cup. “It’s hard to talk about that right now when I’ve got two years left in Oklahoma City. I’m just going to focus on that. I’m not going to make a decision based on what anybody else does.”

Good for him. What he does has a limited shelf life and you need to make it count. With good investments and product endorsements he should make a good life for himself and current plus future family. He seems to be a nice guy. He will not be in OKC forever.

From an informal survey of over 42,000 redditors yesterday:

The Washington thing I get, but what you got against us, Africa?

China bought themselves a real hoot. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...212307858.html

Quote Originally Posted by Throckmorton View Post
    From an informal survey of over 42,000 redditors yesterday:

The Washington thing I get, but what you got against us, Africa?
    Apparently Asia and Africa doesn't like southern teams.

22. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

That continent thing makes no sense. Asia (especially China) was massively in love with the Rockets a few years ago when Yao Ming played. Now they hate them? I can understand waning enthusiasm after his retirement, but hate? And Africa hates the team where arguably the most popular African player currently in the league plays? I just don't buy it. There had to be done sort of miscommunication somewhere along the way.

Why is Alaska separated from the US? And why is Canada and US even separate if it is by continent?

I am pretty sure all of Asia hates Rockets now because they just traded away Jeremy Linn.

I can make no sense of the Africa hating on OKC thing... lol

24. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Jeremy Lin is a Californian who played HS ball in Palo Alto and college hoop at Harvard. Why again does Asia care what team he plays for?

I think Africa and China thought they were voting on their favorite team.

Thread Information