Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Chandler Parsons is about to sign a huge (and way overpriced) $46 million for 3 years offer sheet with the Mavs. Cuban is still mad that Morey has tryed to pry Dirk away from the Mavs and I think this offer sheet is a little bit about revenge. Love it. Morey has had his way lately. Free agency is about to heat up.

As far as Gasol, it helps OKC if Carmelo is returning to the Knicks, but I'm still afraid of the Bulls. They are going to have more money to offer if they strike out on everyone. However, if Gasol wants to contend I don't see Chicago and an injury-prone Derrick Rose as a better option than OKC.

Word is leaking that LeBron is headinG back to Cleveland. Crazy if true (which it may not be): Latest News on Top NBA Free Agents 2014 If true, the Cavs might also get Kevin Love for Andrew Wiggins. Again, all speculation.

This means Houston likely gets Bosh. That'll be a tough team, but, luckily, they probably can't bring Parsons back.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Word is leaking that LeBron is heading back to Cleveland. Crazy if true (which it may not be): Latest News on Top NBA Free Agents 2014 If true, the Cavs might also get Kevin Love for Andrew Wiggins. Again, all speculation.

This means Houston likely gets Bosh. That'll be a tough team, but, luckily, they probably can't bring Parsons back.
    This would be quite a reversal; 'I'm taking my talents back to Cleveland."

If that occurs this could result in a Thunder-Bulls quest for Pau Gasol. Houston will probably have to unload Jeremy Lin to get Bosh. The salaries of James Harden, Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh will put Houston close to or over the CAP.

Kobe Bryant's status could again be risky as the 2014-15 season progresses. Pau would have to decide. Maybe Serge Ibaka's (Spanish National team mates) presence could tilt the scales in favor of OKC.

Player positions in the NBA are about to set in as the first day to sign approaches.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Word is leaking that LeBron is headinG back to Cleveland. Crazy if true (which it may not be): Latest News on Top NBA Free Agents 2014 If true, the Cavs might also get Kevin Love for Andrew Wiggins. Again, all speculation.

Agreed. Sources are reporting that Lebron's webpage has recently had several new pages added, but not setup yet - however, in the sourcecode you can see the color palette that will be used - and they are Cavs colors.

http://brojackson.com/basketball/the...s-up-cleveland

I am just glad that if he moves, it will [probably] still be in the East.

When did San Antonio fall out of the running for Gasol? I heard they had the best chance in Melo stayed in NYC and LeBron went to Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    When did San Antonio fall out of the running for Gasol? I heard they had the best chance in Melo stayed in NYC and LeBron went to Cleveland.
    They didn't, but I've never heard they were leading. But late last night Woj (most reliable free agent source) said they're pushing the Bulls with no mention of the Thunder. That's the best news I've heard for the Spurs yet regarding Gasol.

They didn't, but I've never heard they were leading. But late last night Woj (most reliable free agent source) said they're pushing the Bulls with no mention of the Thunder. That's the best news I've heard for the Spurs yet regarding Gasol.
    OK, I thought San Antonio had a better chance than us at paying him the least amount of money but playing for a championship because they just won one. Would he replace someone on the Bulls squad or just fit in and come off the bench?

OK, I thought San Antonio had a better chance than us at paying him the least amount of money but playing for a championship because they just won one. Would he replace someone on the Bulls squad or just fit in and come off the bench?
    If Pau goes to Chicago he will be the starter with Taj Gibson coming off the bench as 6th man. I think the only way Pau chooses LA is if Melo picks the Lakers, but most sources say Carmelo will be back with the Knicks. Hopefully the dominoes start falling soon so we can get a clearer picture.

Blog Entries

Good point, Warren!

Who said they were out of the running for Gasol?

The front runners mentioned for Gasol as reported by the media outside of Los Angeles are Chicago and Oklahoma City. San Antonio would be a dream team for any NBA player aspiring to win a championship.

Who knows where he could end up? Reports that Gasol wants to be close to an opera house; would Tulsa be close enough?

You could make a case for Miami if Bosh and/or LeBron leaves South Beach. There are so many pieces to this NBA free agency jigsaw puzzle it's going to be difficult to predict what's in store. The dominoes are going to fall; sure this suspense is agonizing for us NBA fans who wait in anticipation of a game changer.

San Antonio has Splitter & Duncan who can shift from center to power forward. Upon winning a championship, your goal should be to get all of those key pieces back. I'm sure they want a replacement for Duncan who approaches retirement. The Spurs will be in consideration for any NBA piece.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Who said they were out of the running for Gasol?
    Most people are either talking about us or the Bulls if Melo stays in NYC and Bron goes to Cleveland. If he doesn't end up going to Chicago, I see him going to San Antonio for less money versus OKC. I think we are a longshot here unless we can get trade Perk (because Presti has said he would never amnesty him, he never said anything about trading him) with Gasol as the starter and pay him the $9-$12 million he expects to get. It will be interesting to see how it works out but I am not getting my hopes up anymore. I think we have a better chance with Mike Miller than Gasol right now, especially with our trade exception of $6 million and change and some cap space.

11. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Hearing more than the Thunder might be out of the Gasol race. Tibor is going to play in the NBA this season, meaning the Thunder would use the last bit of unused cap space on him.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Hearing more than the Thunder might be out of the Gasol race. Tibor is going to play in the NBA this season, meaning the Thunder would use the last bit of unused cap space on him.
    But what if they are trading the rights to him, possibly along with Perk's expiring contract?

But what if they are trading the rights to him, possibly along with Perk's expiring contract?
    You be tripping

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    You be tripping
    Just this morning, but I was good by lunch...

I think we are a longshot here unless we can get trade Perk (because Presti has said he would never amnesty him, he never said anything about trading him) with Gasol as the starter and pay him the $9-$12 million he expects to get. It will be interesting to see how it works out but I am not getting my hopes up anymore.
    The CBA is very complicated and even if we got rid of Perk's contract via trade, we could not pay Gasol more money. We can offer him just over $5 million if we sign him and about $6.6 million in a sign-and-trade. In sum, there's no realistic scenario where we could offer Gasol over $6.6 million per year.

The CBA is very complicated and even if we got rid of Perk's contract via trade, we could not pay Gasol more money. We can offer him just over $5 million if we sign him and about $6.6 million in a sign-and-trade. In sum, there's no realistic scenario where we could offer Gasol over $6.6 million per year.
    Where did you get that info?

If OKC were to use the trade exception, we could send PJIII to the Lakers and give Gasol upwards of $8.5, throw in Thabeet and Roberson and you can go even higher.

It's my understanding that you can't combine the Martin trade exception with player salaries. The trade exception stands on its own.

Blog Entries

We have a consensus...

It's my understanding that you can't combine the Martin trade exception with player salaries. The trade exception stands on its own.
    That is also my understanding of how this works.

Gasol will have to take a cut if he truly wants to play along side his Spanish national team mate Ibaka to join forces with the Thunder.

It would help if he spent some time (Summer) with his brother Marc in Memphis and finish off that missing cattle from Oklahoma believed to be served on dinner plates in many of the steak and barbecue restaurants. An additional ten pounds would be a plus for Pau Gasol.

2014 Free Agency:

"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed."--Proverb

So we don't obtain one of the grand prizes of free agency? You know that Sam Presti will get it done through the draft. If there are any ripe fruit ready to fall off the NBA February tree; we'll be in a position to catch him before he hits the grown.

Look for Carmelo Anthony to stay in New York; a quality free agent like Anthony would have to tolerate Kobe Bryant's enormous ego. Kobe Bryant considers himself bigger than TEXAS!

You can't but if you trade for him in a sign and trade and get rid of Perkins. The exception is not relevant and you can give him whatever the thunder trade out. Plus a little more. Ie 11 mil if Perkins is the only one inthe trade

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    You can't but if you trade for him in a sign and trade and get rid of Perkins. The exception is not relevant and you can give him whatever the thunder trade out. Plus a little more. Ie 11 mil if Perkins is the only one inthe trade
    Yeah. You're right, but even as an expiring, I don't think the Lakers would be interested. And I'm sure the Lakers would want some other assets too. Secondly, do we want spend that much on Gasol? And if so, for how many years?

I'm not sure Presti wants to avoid going into the luxury task before KD's potential re-signing in 2016 for an aging Gasol. Signing Gasol to that much would really make things tough.

I'd love to see it happen, but there are so many variables that would have to fall into place to make it work. We'll see...

After looking at the CBA instead of Wikipedia, you're correct.

So these are the choices everyone is saying Gasol is between and what they can offer:

Chicago: Cap-space if they can't grab Melo. They'll be substantially under once they amnesty Boozer.
    Miami: Depends on the Big 3. But if Bosh goes, then I would think Miami is the front runner with their cap-space and the way he fits.
    OKC: $6.6M if he sign-and-trades tomorrow, otherwise the MLE
    LAL: Whatever Gasol wants
    Spurs: MLE

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    So these are the choices everyone is saying Gasol is between and what they can offer:

Chicago: Cap-space if they can't grab Melo. They'll be substantially under once they amnesty Boozer.
    Miami: Depends on the Big 3. But if Bosh goes, then I would think Miami is the front runner with their cap-space and the way he fits.
    Can't use the trade exception in a sign and trade

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post

Can't use the trade exception in a sign and trade

With LeBron going to Cleveland a lot of other free agency dominoes should start to fall.

My biggest fear is if Bosh goes to Houston and they match Dallas' offer sheet for Parsons. They'd be paying a lot, but that would be a very good team...

Thread Information