Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567853 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Two thoughts: Why would we need four point guards (Bradely can play some shooting guard)! Lol. And four pretty good ones at that. Second, why on earth would Minny even consider this trade. That would get a GM immediately fired.
    Bradley would start at SG, not PG. Isaiah Thomas I threw in there because I had to, but I'm not sure you would have to. We wouldn't need to hold onto Outlaw, but he'd be an interesting fit for the squad.

If Minny doesn't make a trade before the end of this season, then they get NOTHING for Love. Better to get Green and a temporary replacement for Love (and probably some draft picks) then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    That'd be awesome except for the Collison part...
    Pretty sure McGary is the long term plan to replace Collison.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    If Minny doesn't make a trade before the end of this season, then they get NOTHING for Love. Better to get Green and a temporary replacement for Love (and probably some draft picks) then nothing.
    Yeah, but they have dramatically better offers on the table right now. And they will all season. I wouldn't even take that deal for one year of Mike Miller, much less Kevin Love.

Bradley would start at SG, not PG. Isaiah Thomas I threw in there because I had to, but I'm not sure you would have to. We wouldn't need to hold onto Outlaw, but he'd be an interesting fit for the squad.

Bradley is not a shooter

1. You don't need or even want Bradley to take tons of shots. Ideally he's a defensive minded SG who can even remotely hit a shot. If Sefolosha could drain a wide-open 3, OKC probably has a championship by now.

2. He's not a scorer, but he is a shooter.

2013/14 stats

MPG: 30.9
    FG: 6/13.8 (43.8%)
    3P: 1.3/3.3 (45.1%)
    AST: 1.4
    TO: 1.6
    PPG: 14.9

Check your math. 1.3 out of 3.3 is .395%. Not 45. And that was much higher than the .317 he shot last year. Also. He is 6"2 and even though he is known as a very good defender that is undersized to play the 2

I have a feeling that Josh Heustis will become a better shooter than advertised. Check out this pre draft workout -

Josh Heustis NBA Draft Workout--Impact Basketball - CityLeagueHoops | CityLeagueHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I have a feeling that Josh Heustis will become a better shooter than advertised. Check out this pre draft workout -

Josh Heustis NBA Draft Workout--Impact Basketball - CityLeagueHoops | CityLeagueHoops
    His form looks good, but he wasn't a very good shooter at Stanford. EVERYONE looks good in highlight videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Check your math. 1.3 out of 3.3 is .395%. Not 45. And that was much higher than the .317 he shot last year. Also. He is 6"2 and even though he is known as a very good defender that is undersized to play the 2
    Not sure how I pulled that 45.1 number out, but you're right.

That being said…what really big 2-guards would he have to guard, especially considering that OKC tends to play small with their guards.

He's on record saying he doesn't really want to play point anymore.

Pretty sure McGary is the long term plan to replace Collison.
    Oh no doubt. I just figured as old as Nick is, he'd be retiring with the one organization he's always been a part of.

Looks like the Gasol to OKC rumors may have legs. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Oklahoma City Thunder: Reports say Thunder leads Pau Gasol sweepstakes | News OK

Gasol would be a good pick up, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet...

sebastian telfair signed to be 3rd point guard at the vet minimum of $1.3 million.
    Oklahoma City Thunder to add veteran point guard Sebastian Telfair | News OK

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    sebastian telfair signed to be 3rd point guard at the vet minimum of $1.3 million.
    Oklahoma City Thunder to add veteran point guard Sebastian Telfair | News OK
    Would that suggest the Mike Miller notion has gone by the boards?

17. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

Could make it more likely actually. Miller and Gasol were teammates in Memphis for a few years and apparently good friends. Not sure how the money would work. In Presti we trust.

If we landed Gasol and Miller we would be the favorites to win the finals

19. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2014 - 2015

From what I understand via stories I've read, the most likely path to Gasol might involve moving Perk, so that might change the "favorites" tag a bit. Also, Miller is about a 50/50 DNP on any given night due to nagging injury problems. When he can play, he can be a game-changer, but I would hate to give him that tag without reservation. I do like the move though, if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Oh, yeah, have to agree there. That would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    From what I understand via stories I've read, the most likely path to Gasol might involve moving Perk, so that might change the "favorites" tag a bit. Also, Miller is about a 50/50 DNP on any given night due to nagging injury problems. When he can play, he can be a game-changer, but I would hate to give him that tag without reservation. I do like the move though, if it happens.
    Yeah they were talking about it on one of the stations this morning, think they were saying a sign-and-trade deal that would send Perk to LA and Gasol here, and we'd have to give Gasol a three-year contract by whatever applicable NBA rules.

All you need Miller for is the playoffs to stretch the floor and knock down threes. Regular season doesn't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Thats a pretty huge leap. Are you assuming that Chicago, Clippers, Houston, Indiana, and Miami remain statue quo and make no improvements?

Why would Gasol choose OKC over Chicago? Of all the contenders that Pau is considering, Oklahoma City can pay the least. I just do not see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Why would Gasol choose OKC over Chicago? Of all the contenders that Pau is considering, Oklahoma City can pay the least. I just do not see it.
    Rose has injury problems, KD and Russ are in their primes? If he comes here, you know it's for the chance to win because it sure won't be for the money (unless we do a S&T with Perk).

Thread Information