Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LINN Energy

Default Re: LINN Energy

Wrong again. It's east of Portland in a rapidly filling commercial district. It's becoming a headquarters bonanza with at least 3 large ones being built currently. I am all for wanting business downtown but twisting facts when you think this is the sticks shows you either have been there in years or are just trying to push an agenda that anyone can see through. This hasn't been the sticks in 20 years, try another 15 miles out or roughly the same distance to downtown from the area. Its suburban and while some might argue that the city is stretched thin to keep supporting areas like this, need to look at the numbers and the money the city is pulling in from this area and its not even at capacity yet.

This

Quote Originally Posted by hfry View Post
    Wrong again. It's east of Portland in a rapidly filling commercial district. It's becoming a headquarters bonanza with at least 3 large ones being built currently. I am all for wanting business downtown but twisting facts when you think this is the sticks shows you either have been there in years or are just trying to push an agenda that anyone can see through. This hasn't been the sticks in 20 years, try another 15 miles out or roughly the same distance to downtown from the area. Its suburban and while some might argue that the city is stretched thin to keep supporting areas like this, need to look at the numbers and the money the city is pulling in from this area and its not even at capacity yet.
    I go there all the time. My parents live east of Portland and I grew up there. My kids have played soccer at Crossings. You go north and west of it and there's not much there. I don't know why this upsets people. I thought that's why people wanted to live there and, honestly, I think the more developed it gets, the worse it's gotten. That's just my opinion. I wish it were more sticks, but you can't tell me that northwest of memorial and Portland is some high density area of town and that's all I was saying. This is on the edge of the sticks. No big deal. Sorry to upset anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    This
    Lol. You don't think the Staybridge Suites is in bricktown, but you think this isn't anywhere near the sticks. That's a good trick.

5. Default Re: LINN Energy

This straw man that always crops up on this board - that someone is saying that downtown is subsidizing the 'burbs - is ridiculous. Nobody has ever said that. Not even the resident New Urbanism demagogue JTF has suggested such a thing. And "concrete jungle" is ridiculous as well. This should be a concern for everybody who lives in an ALREADY DEVELOPED portion of town; even the suburbs.

The subsidies that are going on are paid for by everyone who lives in the built portion of the city - which of course includes downtown but also includes old-growth suburbs - paying for new services at the fringe. This compromises the quality of City services all of us receive, whether downtown, Heritage Hills, Capitol Hill, NE side, the area near Overholser, 63rd and May, SW 44th and May, Hefner and MacArthur, wherever.

The facts are simple; as we introduce new (cheap-to-the-developer) growth at the fringe, services are spread more and more thinly while existing (contributing) areas are overlooked and allowed to deteriorate. And by the way, as the fringe develops,it also becomes larger. It is literally a geometric progression, and our (ALL of our) fiscal burden also increases...geometrically. It's simple math, folks. Simple. Math.

6. Default Re: LINN Energy

I don't think it's in the sticks at all. Hell, it's just the start of Edmond, so how can you call it the sticks?

But that doesn't mean I'm a fan of the little crappy concrete pre-fab buildings going in like a plague on Memorial. PERSONALLY, I'd much rather see some redevelopment more inside the city. At the same time, I understand that we're never going to not have suburban development. You know, the NW Xway towers were all built in the "burbs" of their time, out near the "sticks" with the downtown flight. Memorial is starting to get concentrated enough that it's sort of it's own small-scale corporate business hub. Again, I don't have to like it, but just because I don't like it doesn't mean I can say everything about it is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    It kind of is, or at least the start of it. Even this building is surrounded by nothing really. I'm not making a qualitative judgement. They can build where they want, but north of memorial and west of Portland does feel like you've left the city.
    Gaillardia to the west and Rose Creek to the north, hardly the sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Lol. You don't think the Staybridge Suites is in bricktown, but you think this isn't anywhere near the sticks. That's a good trick.
    Link?

Link?
    this location is not close to anything else in bricktown

They aren't messing around... Thanks to Bellaboo for the photo.

11. Default Re: LINN Energy

The magic of tilt wall construction...

3/31/2015

Holy cow this project is moving fast.

From bellaboo:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Holy cow this project is moving fast.

From bellaboo:

It better…otherwise there's a chance LINN will never occupy the building

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    It better…otherwise there's a chance LINN will never occupy the building
    I was wondering what you meant by this, then I Googled it. They might need employees to move their own office furniture.

This building is pretty much complete. I'll try and get some pictures soon.

FWIW, Linn moved in the Monday before Thanksgiving.

It's a nice building. Looks good from NW164th.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170304_100100.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	4.66 MB 
ID:	13658

They also emerged from bankruptcy the past few weeks

Riviera Resources, a spin-off of Linn, has entered into a contract to sell the 4-story 105,000 square foot building at 14701 Quail Springs Parkway. They'll get $21.4 million.

Buyer is undisclosed.

Is Roan out?

I don't pretend to be super connected or anything, but my sources are saying the Buyer is EOG.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I don't pretend to be super connected or anything, but my sources are saying the Buyer is EOG.
    EOG Resources, out of Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    EOG Resources, out of Houston?
    that's right.

Thread Information