Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OnCue Coming to Yukon

Default Re: OnCue Coming to Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    E85 burns slower so you can run much higher compression (boost). Equivalent to 105 octane at half the cost of race gas. Plus it's safer and cheaper than the old school trick of pouring in 3-4 gallons of xylene into a tank of gas.
    I'm going to bet that the people that need 105 octane are going to be going to the VP gas station and not looking around for E85.

E85 is much cheaper Zuplar

The Oncue in Norman has E85 gas. Was more then their standard blend the one time I was there and looked at the prices however this is about the only place I have seen it so I don't know if that is typical.

E85 is much cheaper Zuplar
    I don't care if it's a $1 a gallon, people with high compression or boosted motors are most likely racing their car, and aren't running E85. People around here really haven't drank the ethanol Kool-Aid that's the reason why there is still market for 100% gas.

Well I never ran E85 but a tuner shop locally made 715 HP out of a 2 liter motor on E85. My personal cocktail choice was alcohol injection.

E85 burns slower so you can run much higher compression (boost). Equivalent to 105 octane at half the cost of race gas. Plus it's safer and cheaper than the old school trick of pouring in 3-4 gallons of xylene into a tank of gas.
    Exactly. It's not for stock cars and it's not for racecars; somewhere in the middle that are tuned for it. It's high compression without the high price tag.
    I know a ton of people who have to drive to RS Fuels for (consistent) E85.

Anything new on this??

My source within OnCue in Stillwater danced around the subject yesterday when I asked. I think they are still planning on it but maybe not as fast as originally planned. The lot was staked last fall but have since been removed. Perhaps they are waiting for the two major developments just east and west of the proposed location to get underway first before proceeding.

My guess is they aren't doing it now.

It could be that they just moved the location further down on the list.

They have a ton of new ones in the pipeline:

I guarantee at some point it's going to happen. That area is too busy and only going to continue to get busier, especially if they do the development over off of Czech Hall that circulated a little while ago.

That;s Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here are the detailed plans:

Looks like they broke ground on this yesterday....

Finally. I think it's crazy this one was announced so long ago, and they've built several more they announced after this one. Heck the Mustang one is shaping up and will be done in the next couple months I'd guess.

Yep, they are finally turning dirt.

Not that this is much news, I saw this in Mustang's paper today talking about the one near Yukon. It does mention size though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I don't care if it's a $1 a gallon, people with high compression or boosted motors are most likely racing their car, and aren't running E85. People around here really haven't drank the ethanol Kool-Aid that's the reason why there is still market for 100% gas.
    Most new cars that are flex fuel cars are able to run e85. My truck is tuned for e85 and is boosted. I know there's a demand for this option.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman View Post
    Most new cars that are flex fuel cars are able to run e85. My truck is tuned for e85 and is boosted. I know there's a demand for this option.
    I think you may have missed the point of my post. My truck takes e85 and is a flex fuel truck, but when that's ran the fuel mileage drops and HP drastically reduced. So I run 100% gas so I can get the full power of my truck when pulling a boat. I'm not saying there isn't a demand, I just don't think it's all that great around here like clear gas is.

I think the thing with E85 is that since it burns slower it allows more compression without knock. In a boosted motor you can increase the boost and enable a big gain in power. If your motor is non aspirated use straight gas. In my Turbo Buick I made an alcohol injection system that kicked on at 15psi & allowed running 24 lbs of boost on 93 octane and the alcohol nozzle as a supplement to curb knock.

Looks like this place is turning the corner. There's still a decent amount left but they might be able to knock it all out by 4/1

Far West Re: OnCue Coming to Yukon

Another article about the OnCue coming near Yukon.

Yukon OnCue 01.jpg

All the pumps are installed and it looks like all the concrete is done. The lights were on last night. It looks like they just need to stock the store and tidy up and they'll be done. 4/1 still looks possible but maybe a week or 2 into April.

I drive by this just about everyday and I'm amazed it's still not open. They have cones up blocking people from getting in. There's been sod laid down. All the pumps are in. All the lights are installed. I've seen food trucks like pepsi, frito lay and the like for 3 weeks now. I have no clue what they are doing and why they are taking so long. It looked done on 4/1

I suspect they just have so many stores under development they don't have the resources to get to all of them as quickly as they'd like.

They have tons of locations in various stages of completion.

The location opens next Monday.

Thread Information