Widgets Magazine
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland Grocery Stores

Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Isn't there also an Aldi?
    Yes. It fairly recently expanded its store.

Sounds like Holt met with Homeland and Black Lives Matter about the NE36th and Lincoln location without Nikki Nice in the room, and she’s definitely pissed.

But I’ve got to hand it to Holt. The guy knows how to work the photo ops to achieve max virtue signaling.

He posted something on Instagram reflecting that BLM requested a meeting with him and maybe Homeland. I don't think she was purposefully not invited, just never intended to be invited in the first place as BLM requested. I believe Holt and her will be working on it together.

And she voiced her frustration in a comment on Mayor Holts Instagram post. A VERY childish way to do so

Email him. Call him. Text him. A comment on Instagram isn’t the way to do this. I

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    And she voiced her frustration in a comment on Mayor Holts Instagram post. A VERY childish way to do so

Email him. Call him. Text him. A comment on Instagram isn’t the way to do this. I
    Apparently this particular Homeland was slated to go elsewhere in OKC and Nice marshaled a number of incentives to convince Homeland to build it across from its HQ on Lincoln.

She likely views the siting of this location as a major accomplishment, so I could see why she might be upset with the Mayor for cutting her out of a key photo op.

6. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Apparently this particular Homeland was slated to go elsewhere in OKC and Nice marshaled a number of incentives to convince Homeland to build it across from its HQ on Lincoln.

She likely views the siting of this location as a major accomplishment, so I could see why she might be upset with the Mayor for cutting her out of a key photo op.
    The plan for putting a Homeland on 36th and Lincoln has been around since at least last August.

7. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

You can't force any company to build something. BLM's demand to put a grocery store there is weird at best. Unless the city built it, the city can't make anyone else do it. They can offer incentives but even with those, Homeland can't seem to make the thing happen.

I'm wondering why Aldi hasn't picked up on the market yet. No they dont have everything like a larger grocery store would, but they do well in all kinds of economic areas. It's good quality stuff unlike some places like Cash Saver or Save A Lot. Plus they do have some limited non-food items that are nice to pick up some times. I've gotten great deals on all sorts of camping gear that would have cost a WHOLE lot more at Academy.

Wanted to give a big thumbs-up to the Homeland on Classen.

Their deli is really quite good and I've bought sushi several times with very good results.

They have a sushi chef working right there when you buy the items and he'll make something fresh for you as you wait. Often, they have deals where all their rolls are $5. That's darn hard to beat.

What a leap forward this store has been over what had been there previously.

9. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Wanted to give a big thumbs-up to the Homeland on Classen.

Their deli is really quite good and I've bought sushi several times with very good results.

They have a sushi chef working right there when you buy the items and he'll make something fresh for you as you wait. Often, they have deals where all their rolls are $5. That's darn hard to beat.

What a leap forward this store has been over what had been there previously.
    I’m very glad to hear that. Now they need to get going on Lincoln.

10. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

and offer the same things
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Homeland is still open in Norman on Lindsey Street, Alameda Street, and Robinson Street right?

12. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    Homeland is still open in Norman on Lindsey Street, Alameda Street, and Robinson Street right?
    Yes, all open. The only one that closed was the Main Street one a long time ago. It is now Habitat for Humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    You can't force any company to build something. BLM's demand to put a grocery store there is weird at best. Unless the city built it, the city can't make anyone else do it. They can offer incentives but even with those, Homeland can't seem to make the thing happen.
    It’s not at all “weird” for a community to want a grocery store in a food desert. This is a political issue cities around the country have addressed. You’re not “forcing” companies to open stores, you’re working with the city to find solutions. No areas should be without a quality grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    It’s not at all “weird” for a community to want a grocery store in a food desert. This is a political issue cities around the country have addressed. You’re not “forcing” companies to open stores, you’re working with the city to find solutions. No areas should be without a quality grocery store.
    I agree with you Dan. It is my understanding that the Homeland on the NE will offer the same services as the one on NW 18th, just with a bigger square footage. I expect the price of the items will be higher than super Walmart, but it will offer a better overall experience.

Blog Entries

Homeland approved for PPP (not a judgment, just an FYI)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-09 223339.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	16232

16. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Homeland is a pretty small company that has struggled the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Homeland is a pretty small company that has struggled the past few years.
    And while grocery stores were open and had lots of business. They had extra costs and precautions that they had to take. Just managing the supply chain and having to take different routes to keep things in stock cost them more so I have no issue with grocery stores getting PPP

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I’m very glad to hear that. Now they need to get going on Lincoln.
    Plans are out to bid to General Contractors with a bid date of August 25th. So possibly by the end of September they might get going with construction.

19. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

We live near 122nd and Rockwell so we, or I since March, go to that Homeland usually. This last month I’ve been going to a pain management clinic near Edmond and have stopped by the Britton and May store. The May store is a little bigger, prettier, wider aisles and things that some would find more appealing. But I’m a function over form guy. Rockwell simply has more product than May. I was a bit surprised by this.

Bill,
    The one at May and Britton was a former Albertson's and every former Albertson's taken over by Homeland is a little nicer facility because Albertson's had different specs for their stores.
    C. T.

^^^^^ NW 122 & Rockwell was an Albertsons, I used to live right around the corner and it was my go-to grocery store. I still have an Albertsons logo'ed reuseable washable cloth shopping bag I got there, it has to be close to 20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Bill,
    The one at May and Britton was a former Albertson's and every former Albertson's taken over by Homeland is a little nicer facility because Albertson's had different specs for their stores.
    C. T.
    But May and Britton goes above and beyond other stores that were once Albertsons. Their former manager was a National Retail Grocer of the Year And Manager of the year in two of the industry publications. He actually retired within the past year, so I’m watching and hoping that they keep the same high standards.

Blog Entries

Food in a desert: new grocer set to ease east side grocery woes
    https://oklahoman.com/article/567233...e-grocery-woes

Blog Entries

Eastside OKC Homeland deal rivals complexity of Skirvin restoration
    https://oklahoman.com/article/567233...546.1595946266

Thread Information