Widgets Magazine
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 272829303132

Thread: Homeland Grocery Stores

Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    The NW164th & May Homeland should be open in early October.
    Their building signage went up this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    That really is disappointing!
    Disagree. I rarely shop at Homeland but it is good to have that money go back into a company that is headquartered in OKC.

3. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Their building signage went up this week.
    That I didn't know. But they're sending product to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The rumor about Kroger buying out Homeland has gone cold.

I checked around and nobody knew anything about this happening.
    Yeah I haven't heard anything too solid either way but common theory among the grocery guys is Kroger is just all hands with the Albertsons merger and they don't need any extra scrutiny or baggage at just his moment.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    Yeah I haven't heard anything too solid either way but common theory among the grocery guys is Kroger is just all hands with the Albertsons merger and they don't need any extra scrutiny or baggage at just his moment.
    Plus, they are really focused on continuing to build out their delivery-only infrastructure.

Would absolutely love to have their physical stores here, though. Their buying power would make their prices much more competitive than Homeland.

I still really like their delivery service.

^^
    We use and love their delivery service as well. It's super convenient and rather fast. I also wish they would put up brick and mortar here as well, especially perhaps their new Kroger Market Place stores they're starting to put up around the Dallas area. Those are super nice.

The Kroger delivery service has been working out great for me, I have nearly 100% switched over to it from Walmart.

I tried to do a price comparison between Kroger delivery and Walmart curbside pickup, and the per item cost of Kroger on almost everything was anywhere from fifty cents to a dollar more on most of the stuff in my cart compared to Walmart. I think delivery service is great, but I can't justify the cost difference for the convenience.

a large Tesla supercharger station is being installed at the Homeland on Lincoln.

10. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Plus, they are really focused on continuing to build out their delivery-only infrastructure.

Would absolutely love to have their physical stores here, though. Their buying power would make their prices much more competitive than Homeland.

I still really like their delivery service.
    They are really pushing this in parts of the Denver metro (North Denver up to Ft. Collins) they don't have completely covered with brick and morter. They are using a hub and spoke warehouse strategy with their monster distribution warehouse then smaller delivery hubs (that are for online order only) where orders are filled and delivered out.

I dropped in on the new Rose Creek store yesterday. Layout is similar to the Lincoln Blvd store with a few differences. It may just be me but it feels small and a bit cramped compared to the new Crest Foods in Edmond. The parking lot has some weird spaces that are in odd locations.

I don't understand why they are building these brand new stores and still making the aisles so narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I don't understand why they are building these brand new stores and still making the aisles so narrow.
    Cramming more inventory into the store (like they really need 10 rows of Hunt's tomato sauce, and 10 rows of Best Choice green beans, and ....). Then they put bumpouts in them to make them even more miserable. Glad we don't shop there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I dropped in on the new Rose Creek store yesterday. Layout is similar to the Lincoln Blvd store with a few differences. It may just be me but it feels small and a bit cramped compared to the new Crest Foods in Edmond. The parking lot has some weird spaces that are in odd locations.
    Agreed. Nice store but very cramped. Obviously it was packed for opening day, but on any normal day, it seems tight to even get two carts down an aisle at the same time. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guide View Post
    Agreed. Nice store but very cramped. Obviously it was packed for opening day, but on any normal day, it seems tight to even get two carts down an aisle at the same time. Very disappointing.
    Sounds like the aisle width is the same as the Lincoln & 36th store.

Stopped by last night, and I have the same as the other comments. Nice, new store. But extremely small for the area it is serving. Narrow aisles, only one entrance of double doors at the front. Very little egress and open area to move around.

This is the kind of store I would expect to see in a smaller community like Piedmont, not in one of the largest concentrations of residential population and income in OKC. The other Edmond store at Danforth and Bryant seems almost twice as large. You could probably 3 of these stores in the Crest at 15th and Santa Fe.

I was back in Oklahoma City for a few days and happened upon the new store on N. May at 164th. A really nice store, but I agree with everyone on the aisles. It seems cramped near the entrance too. The big thing is no pharmacy. Why?? More space considerations? I found this an odd omission. Does anybody know why there’s no pharmacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    I was back in Oklahoma City for a few days and happened upon the new store on N. May at 164th. A really nice store, but I agree with everyone on the aisles. It seems cramped near the entrance too. The big thing is no pharmacy. Why?? More space considerations? I found this an odd omission. Does anybody know why there’s no pharmacy?
    My guess, as with the rest of the store, to help reduce overall square footage of the store and parcel space? Homeland either had a small footprint to build this store, or the space came at such a premium in this shopping center, the smaller store is to help with overall price per square foot in construction to stay in budget.

While the store is smaller than what many of us were hoping for, the convenience factor of those of us in NW OKC, of not having to go to Penn/Memorial or 15th and Santa Fe to grab an item or two is quite nice.

Thread Information