Widgets Magazine
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Homeland Grocery Stores

Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The self check-out at 18th & Classen is now open.

I used it at lunch time and thank goodness they added this... Long line at the traditional checkout and even a couple of people waiting at the 4-station self operation.

They have a staff member at self check-out to help people.

Really easy to use; I'll be going to this store more often and hope they have this feature at the new site at 36th & Lincoln, as it's very close to my office.
    We'd love to use the 36th/Lincoln one, looks pretty nice, but since we're at 36th/May, it's further away than the 18th store, and we'd have to go through the I-235 intersection and we'd just rather not do that on a regular basis, so we'll keep using 18th/Classen as our regular store (we also stop at Classen Coffee on the way home, so that's a bonus). Glad the self-checkouts are in, be interesting to see what it's like on Fri afternoon when we usually do our store trip.

2. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D81552F8-5539-4CB4-965F-7B89628D9BA0.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	16491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D81552F8-5539-4CB4-965F-7B89628D9BA0.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	16491Two new stores being added to the chain and my wife is most excited by the fact she got to see Rumble. I love her!

This is the floorplan for NE 36th & Lincoln.

Note the indoor/outdoor seating area in the bottom left and the self check-out stations to the right of the cashiers.

Pharmacy w/ drive-thru in the lower right.

This is going to be a very nice store.

I got lost when you said "two new stores". Are you including 18th/Classen or is something new in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    I got lost when you said "two new stores". Are you including 18th/Classen or is something new in the works?
    Another Homeland going in at 23rd & Prospect in the East Point development:

https://oklahoman.com/article/567291...okcs-east-side

Can someone provide the "full" story on how we got from Buy-For-Less/Uptown promising to have a store up and running by November 2019 to Homeland being the new provider breaking ground almost a full year after B4L was supposedly going to be up and running?

I imagine it's the kind of story that can convince you that it's worth every effort to choice option A over option B

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Can someone provide the "full" story on how we got from Buy-For-Less/Uptown promising to have a store up and running by November 2019 to Homeland being the new provider breaking ground almost a full year after B4L was supposedly going to be up and running?

I imagine it's the kind of story that can convince you that it's worth every effort to choice option A over option B
    It’s pretty mind boggling, isn’t it? Just goes to show what can be done with real desire and motive.

Google Hank and Susan Binkowski (the owners of Buy-For-Less/Uptown) and you'll find a bunch of stories that kind of explain it, but not how it totally fell through. Seems like they were short on finances, but there's some other odd stuff too. As Pete said, it's fantastic how the new owner/CEO/whatever of Homeland is making it (the company) so much better than it was, nice that they stepped in when needed! Homeland is our weekly store because they upped their game.

9. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Also, if I remember the timeline correctly Homeland was already in the process of or already had purchased the land with plans to move the corp HQ and distribution warehouse over there. Then the decision was made to put a store there and leave the corp complex where it is for now.

^

No, the property has always been owned by the city.

And Homeland got a bunch of incentives to put a store in that spot; they just decided they didn't need the new HQ.

11. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

It had to be right next to it then. Where the store is going is where I was shown the new location of corp was going to be. Only thing I'm not sure of was exactly when.

NE 36th & Lincoln:

13. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

I believe Nikki Nice orchestrated a large incentive package that convinced Homeland to build in her district instead of a district on the western edge of the city. And good for her. That’s how you win elections.

I hope that the online shopping and curbside pickup service that Homeland offers will be used at this location.

I'm sure it will be, this is going to be a flagship location for them.

It's still going to be a obstacle for people in that area there is one bus route 18 that goes thru once every hour and it doesn't run on weekends

Blog Entries

There's talk of a new bus route being added, as a result of new buses obtained via MAPS 4, which would go east/west along 36th similar to what the 23 does. I don't know how real or close this is, but I know discussions have occurred. Hopefully that effort is at least in part associated with this forthcoming store.

That said, it's "only" a half mile from that intersection to 36/Kelley, where the 3 stops and runs every 30 mins (and runs on weekends -- hourly).

Doesn't sound ideal but us bus riders have to do this sort of thing quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    There's talk of a new bus route being added, as a result of new buses obtained via MAPS 4, which would go east/west along 36th similar to what the 23 does. I don't know how real or close this is, but I know discussions have occurred. Hopefully that effort is at least in part associated with this forthcoming store.

That said, it's "only" a half mile from that intersection to 36/Kelley, where the 3 stops and runs every 30 mins (and runs on weekends -- hourly).

Doesn't sound ideal but us bus riders have to do this sort of thing quite often.
    I use to be all for trains and what not, but I really have moved onto the "let us fund the heck out of our bus system" camp to get all parts of our city truly connected. I know I wouldn't be elected on just a bus program alone, but that would be my first priority if I were to run for public office.

Homeland is planning a small addition to the west side of its store at NW 18th & Classen which will expand their refrigerated/frozen food capacity.

They will also remove that small parking lot on the west side of the building and add landscaping.

That'll be nice, but the plan reminded me that I wish they had restriped the main lot to have one-way aisles when they redid it recently. There is absolutely no room for the smallest 2 cars you can think of to pass side-by-side, it's ridiculous. Luckily they're not super-busy when we go each week so it's not really a problem for us, but it's still stupid to have any lot striped like that.

Awesome! Not the best selection but an easy in and out when you want to grab a few things.

22. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Great news. I'm glad they are continuing to keep this location moving forward and the community support continues as well.

23. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Seems like a lot of work for one more aisle. I use this Homeland as my main grocery store, and it definitely could use more room, so anything is welcome!

24. Default Re: Homeland Grocery Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    Seems like a lot of work for one more aisle. I use this Homeland as my main grocery store, and it definitely could use more room, so anything is welcome!
    I agree, seems they could go a little further since they can use any extra space available. May squeeze 2 new aisles LoL

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    I agree, seems they could go a little further since they can use any extra space available. May squeeze 2 new aisles LoL
    Hope not, their aisles are already not-very-wide (but they have very few bump-out displays, so that helps).

Thread Information