Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland Grocery Stores

Default Re: Homeland on Main Street closing at the end of march!

The main places I look at online correspond with the the ones in the Sunday paper.

Free Printable Coupons, Grocery Coupons & Online Coupons | Coupons.com
    www.smartsource.com
    Printable & Downloadable Coupons. Grocery, Health, Beauty | redplum.com

I don't use a coupon matching website. I just look at the ads to see what's on sale and to see if I have a coupon I can use.

2. Default Re: Homeland on Main Street closing at the end of march!

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    The main places I look at online correspond with the the ones in the Sunday paper.

Free Printable Coupons, Grocery Coupons & Online Coupons | Coupons.com
    www.smartsource.com
    Printable & Downloadable Coupons. Grocery, Health, Beauty | redplum.com

I don't use a coupon matching website. I just look at the ads to see what's on sale and to see if I have a coupon I can use.
    I use to just match my own, then I got too busy (or lazy lol) and just rely on the matching sites. At some point I need to get my binder going again, yes I'm one of those, because I know I'm missing out on a ton right now. I still manage to hit 70% savings at Homeland when I go though. It's always enjoyable to go out with an overflowing cart and know you only spent maybe $50.

The real sweet spot is when the coupons are doubled on a sale item and that item is on the 10 cents off a gallon of gas at the Homeland gas pump. As far as being competitive on price I find many of the items I purchase cheaper at Homeland than Crest, and a heck of a lot more convenient.

4. Default Re: Homeland on Main Street closing at the end of march!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The real sweet spot is when the coupons are doubled on a sale item and that item is on the 10 cents off a gallon of gas at the Homeland gas pump. As far as being competitive on price I find many of the items I purchase cheaper at Homeland than Crest, and a heck of a lot more convenient.
    This current week is pretty decent (where the sales end Wednesday). I was able to stock up on some items and also save quite a bit off of gas.

I really wish some other company that actually cares would buy up Homeland. Such an outcome would likely be to good to be true in OKC though. I don't want to see them close and be replaced by Goodwill stores, leaving few choices other than Wal-Mart for grocery shopping.

The Homeland on 12th and Alameda is closest to my house so I end up there a lot. I think they are spending some money at that location, they just installed new freezer section with LED lights that come on as you approach. My guess is that they are planning to invest there and let the one nearest Target and Crest go away.

7. Default Re: Homeland on Main Street closing at the end of march!

Quote Originally Posted by tfandango View Post
    The Homeland on 12th and Alameda is closest to my house so I end up there a lot. I think they are spending some money at that location, they just installed new freezer section with LED lights that come on as you approach. My guess is that they are planning to invest there and let the one nearest Target and Crest go away.
    Yeah they've been dumping a good deal of money into the one over here. Last year was the overhaul of the produce section. They've also redone about half of the shelves so far. Still needs some more TLC, but it isn't the worst store I've been in.

I don't shop the one at 24/robinson a lot, but for what it's worth, I do drive by there a lot. Their parking lot gives no indication Crest has harmed them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I don't shop the one at 24/robinson a lot, but for what it's worth, I do drive by there a lot. Their parking lot gives no indication Crest has harmed them at all.
    I have never been in that Homeland but from the outside it doesn't look that bad. The one on Main St looks like an original Homeland which aren't as nice. Those seem to be the ones closing more often than the former Albertson's locations. If they would close all the subpar locations and then put money into the remaining ones it would be awesome and would help the chain as it would increase its reputation.

10. Default Re: Homeland on Main Street closing at the end of march!

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I have never been in that Homeland but from the outside it doesn't look that bad. The one on Main St looks like an original Homeland which aren't as nice. Those seem to be the ones closing more often than the former Albertson's locations. If they would close all the subpar locations and then put money into the remaining ones it would be awesome and would help the chain as it would increase its reputation.
    I think the Main St location is the only original Homeland in Norman. Lindsey street was something else if memory serves correctly and of course 12th & Alameda and 24th & Robinson were former Albertsons.

Wasn't the Lindsey Street store a Safeway?

HangryHippo Guest

The store on Lindsey needs some serious TLC. That place is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    So true. But that spot has so much potential. Not really any competition in that area for grocery shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    So true. But that spot has so much potential. Not really any competition in that area for grocery shopping.
    And several higher end neighborhoods nearby. It could support a much nicer store, or even a Whole Foods eventually. I wonder what will replace the Main St store?

It's no doubt going to be the next one to close.

16. Default Re: Homeland on Main Street closing at the end of march!

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    And several higher end neighborhoods nearby. It could support a much nicer store, or even a Whole Foods eventually. I wonder what will replace the Main St store?
    Lindsey can be an amazing corridor if developed correctly with mixed use / high density development.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    Lindsey can be an amazing corridor if developed correctly with mixed use / high density development.
    Too bad we've put the damper on that with the road design our "leaders" chose to go with.

Is there any way to find out how much of the land on both sides of Lindsey is owned by the church?

Too bad we've put the damper on that with the road design our "leaders" chose to go with.
    I don't think it will be as bad as some think. The positive will be that traffic at least in the short term should move more efficiently but the big improvements will be having continuous sidewalks and bike lanes , and improved landscaping/lighting that will make the corridor more attractive. I think Main and Boyd are better anyway for the type of pedestrian-oriented growth along streets that we want to see, as well as Lindsey between Chautauqua and Jenkins through campus.

I wonder what will go in there? The Homeland may be a teardown?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekoung View Post
    I wonder what will go in there? The Homeland may be a teardown?
    Most of these old Homeland locations aren't fit for modern grocery stores.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Crest is likely pulling in the rural shoppers who come into the city to shop. My aunt lives in Bridge Creek and frequents the S. May Crest when she needs to stock up. The local stores and Walmart are not cheap to say the least. The only time she shops at the stores close to her is when she just needs a couple of things.

Large Chain Homeland - 18th & Classen

Recently on Nextdoor.com Mesta Park and Heritage Hills residents have been rightfully complaining about the condition of the 18th St Homeland. Several people sent emails to customer service and this was the homeland president's response. Not great news, but Might be a good sign.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concern about our store on Classen. We want to remain your local neighborhood grocer. I am the President of HAC Inc, and the current parent company for Homeland. I, too, want a better shopping experience for you and your neighbors. Our store's current District Manager will begin immediately addressing cleanliness of our current facility.

Behind the scenes, we have been doing market surveys on the trade area and looking for an alternative location to build a new store in your area. That search has not proven fruitful. The city has come up with some downtown locations, but there is not sufficient downtown population to support the profitable operation of a new store downtown, yet.

As a result, we have engaged a store design group to begin an review of your current store and to give us an architectural drawing for a total remodel of our current store. We believe this remodel will cost between $2.5 and $3.5 million dollars. To offset some of this cost, we will be asking the city to consider a possible tax abatement for some period of time. This process can be lengthy.

The process is underway now. I thank you for your current business and hope you will be patient with us as we try to work through the steps required to complete a remodel of your store.

Thank you again for your concern and feedback, Sincerely, Darryl Fitzgerald, President and CEO.

Default Re: Homeland - 18th & Classen

Every major retailer who considers the downtown market always reaches the same conclusion - not enough rooftops. How far do you guys think downtown OKC is from reaching that point where retail will work?

Regarding the remodel - excellent news if it happens!

Default Re: Homeland - 18th & Classen

Not every retailer; just national chains who make decisions on spreadsheets.

If this store could just be remodeled to a decent standard, downtown will already be well-served by it and Native Roots.

Thread Information