Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
A concern I have about this proposed development is the awareness that keeping long term retail tenants is nearly impossible. In fact Spring Creek (west) shopping is half empty half the time. I've talked to a few retailers who end up leaving because the lease rate is ridiculously high. I don't think Spring Creek as ever been 100% leased for an extended time. So if another Spring Creek is developed it could create a worse case scenario with a lot of new but empty buildings. For some reason I worry this proposed development would feel like Branson shopping feels (near the waterway) during the off season. Feels very strange.
Its not that you cant question it. Traffic concerns, noise, those are legitimate concerns. But to say you have concerns because it could have mass vacancy is not legitimate. The developers trying to do this own and operate lifestyle centers across the US, whereas Spring Creek Village (West) is owned locally by someone who has little retail experience. Comparing the two really is apples to oranges. Its not as if Spring Creek Plaza (East) has suffered from large vacancies. But to help the concerns you have, they want apartments added to the development, to help solidify long term success. Big time developers dont build these things if they think they will be busts and they cant keep tenants. With the way you talk, you act as if the nicest suburb in the state isnt worthy of something like this.

If it does go to the polls, I think when names get floated around like whole foods, lululemon, restoration hardware, urban outfitters, sephora, a new movie theater, I think most residents will get on board.