Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Creek Plaza

Default Re: Spring Creek Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here is what their website says:

"The Shops at Spring Creek is about to get even better. As the only open-air, regional lifestyle destination in the area, the addition of a specialty grocery store, a new boutique movie theatre, and an additional 200,000 square feet of new stores and restaurants"

Pretty sure the grocer will be Fresh Market.

As for the cinema, a good guess would be iPic. Glimcher has them in a couple of their lifestyle centers but I don't think there was enough room at their proposed project at NW 63rd & Grand.

https://www.ipictheaters.com/#/
    I would welcome an iPic. I checked one out in Arizona and it was very nice.

Here is what their website says:

"The Shops at Spring Creek is about to get even better. As the only open-air, regional lifestyle destination in the area, the addition of a specialty grocery store, a new boutique movie theatre, and an additional 200,000 square feet of new stores and restaurants"

Pretty sure the grocer will be Fresh Market.

As for the cinema, a good guess would be iPic. Glimcher has them in a couple of their lifestyle centers but I don't think there was enough room at their proposed project at NW 63rd & Grand.

https://www.ipictheaters.com/#/
    I would welcome an iPic. I checked one out in Arizona and it was very nice.

This project is going up before the council.

Site plan:

Couple renderings

Agenda packet: http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/docs...%20Rez_001.pdf

Here is the agenda packet going up before the council.

Attorney Randel Shadid representing Shops at Spring Creek, LLC is requesting 26 acres for a Mixed Use PUD to include a maximum 400 multi-family units constructed above a retail center. The development would also contain a grocery store, and a boutique movie theater. None of the buildings would exceed four stories. Access to the development would be from 15th Street and Bryant Avenue. There will also be a connection to Spring Creek Plaza. Hafer Park is located to the north and a pedestrian bridge is planned across Spring Creek connecting to the park. The shopping center is planned at 260,000 square feet of commercial space. The developer is requesting a variance for signage to allow a 35 foot tall sign on the exterior access at 15th Street and Bryant Avenue. The developer plans for 40 to 50 retail stores and restaurants and indicates that the sign would be needed due to the unique setback off the arterial street. A traffic study has been submitted. Drainage is also planned, partially on land owned by the City that is south of Spring Creek.

- http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...q=8534&prev=0#
    Can't wait to see this rising from the ground. This could become the best shopping center in the metro apart from Penn Square and Glimcher.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Crate and Barrel and Whole Foods here. Maybe a Fresh Market.

Blog Entries

Yeah, as far as location, and a concentration of nearby high households it does get much better.

Saw this from the city on Nextdoor:

For anyone planning to attend tonight's City Council meeting, two (unrelated) planning items of heavy interest have requested to be continued to a future meeting. Those items are listed below (9 & 10 go together, 11 & 12 go together):

9. Case #Z16-00024 Public Hearing and Consideration of Ordinance No. ________ Edmond Plan Amendment from Restricted Retail Commercial and General Commercial Planned Unit Development to Mixed Use Commercial and Multiple-Family Residential Planned Unit Development generally located north of 15th Street, east of Bryant Avenue. (Shops at Spring Creek, LLC) Emergency Approval Required

10. Case #Z16-00025 Public Hearing and Consideration of Ordinance No. ________ Rezoning from “D-1” Restricted Retail Commercial and “E-1” General Commercial Planned Unit Development to Mixed Use Commercial and Multiple-Family Residential Planned Unit Development generally located north of 15th Street, east of Bryant Avenue. (Shops at Spring Creek, LLC)

11. Case #Z16-00032 Public Hearing and Consideration of Ordinance No. ________ amending the Edmond Plan from Single Family Dwelling to Commercial Planned Unit Development known as Phocas Farms generally located east of High Street and approximately one-quarter mile north of Danforth Road. (Steve and Lisa Hill – Phocas Farms) Emergency Approval Required.

12. Case #Z16-00033 Public Hearing and Consideration of Ordinance No. ________ Rezoning from “R-2” Urban Estate Dwelling to Commercial Planned Unit Development known as Phocas Farms generally located east of High Street and approximately one-quarter mile north of Danforth Road. (Steve and Lisa Hill – Phocas Farms)

Whoever manages Springcreek Village has done a piss poor job. I'm purely guessing but The vacancy rate appears to be around 30 to 40%. They can I get any destination shops in there and then the constant revolving door of mediocre restaurants and stores. I was told by several the tenants that the per square footage lease is more expensive than Classen curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Whoever manages Springcreek Village has done a piss poor job. I'm purely guessing but The vacancy rate appears to be around 30 to 40%. They can I get any destination shops in there and then the constant revolving door of mediocre restaurants and stores. I was told by several the tenants that the per square footage lease is more expensive than Classen curve.
    Had to read a couple of times, to realize you were talking about Village, and not Plaza. Yeah, Village in unimpressive to me, but Plaza (across Bryant) is a destination for me. They have several shops I will drive across town to get to.

You probably shouldn't use voice dictation on here without editing myself better

I really hope this goes through but knowing Edmond, I won't be disappointed if it fails mainly because it won't surprise me. For a city that hardly gets any nice developments, they sure turn down the very few that come through.

http://journalrecord.com/2016/11/10/...y-real-estate/

http://m.newsok.com/article/5526448

I'm actually fairly confident this will happen. So much so that I've been discussing plans with my wife once my youngest graduates in two years. This would put me two blocks from my mother who lives alone and my grandmother who also lives alone, assuming the living units are up to the standards we want. I think this will be great and there is lots of community support for this.

I hope so. I posted it on Facebook and it received at lot of positive feedback. This would easily make Edmond one of the best places for shopping in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I really hope this goes through but knowing Edmond, I won't be disappointed if it fails mainly because it won't surprise me. For a city that hardly gets any nice developments, they sure turn down the very few that come through.

http://journalrecord.com/2016/11/10/...y-real-estate/
    Edmond council to consider lifestyle center Monday

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record November 10, 2016

EDMOND – Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Sherry Jordan is worried about the future of a proposed multi-use development.

A zoning change for The Shops at Spring Creek is on Monday’s City Council agenda. The development proposed by Memphis, Tennessee-based Poag Shopping Centers at S. Bryant Avenue and E. 15th Street could bring 250,000 square feet of new retail and restaurant space, as well as 300 luxury apartment units.

Jordan said the city could lose the project if the council doesn’t approve the zoning change. The zoning change is for a planned unified development, which includes restaurants, multifamily housing, and retail.

“If it doesn’t go here, it will go somewhere in the metro,” she said. “The developer has said he has backup sites. We want people to drive from Oklahoma City to Edmond, instead of vice versa.”

Poag Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel Bob Rogers declined to comment on the project.

The development has been in the works for about two years, said Janet Yowell, Edmond Economic Development Authority executive director. She said Poag approached the EEDA about the project after doing extensive research. The company has done similar projects in California, Colorado, Connecticut, and Georgia.

Poag is under contract to buy the Spring Creek Plaza shopping center and more land directly northeast of the center. Jordan said the company plans to do a streetscape of the existing center so it will look like the new retail and housing area.

The development would be connected to Hafer Park with a pedestrian bridge. Jordan said the bridge would help draw people from the ballfields who need a break during a tournament.

“There are no lifestyle centers in Oklahoma,” she said. “We want this to be the place where they put one.”

The EEDA’s and the chamber’s boards of directors have given their support for the project. Yowell said her board has never taken a stand on a development. Edmond city councilman and board member Nick Massey did not attend the meeting when the board endorsed the project.

The project has drawn some criticism from people who live in the nearby neighborhoods because they are concerned about traffic. Several people attended the Edmond Planning Commission meeting and offered comment about the development. But the commission still voted 4-1 to support the zoning change.

Yowell said she thinks the luxury apartments will be especially popular in Edmond. She said retailers requested the multifamily piece after Poag debuted the project at an International Council of Shopping Centers event.

“We don’t have anything like (the luxury apartments) in Edmond, not combined with retail,” she said. “I think it’s a product that frankly is a good fit for this project. We’re seeing Oklahoma City do it.”

Yowell said she also understands that other cities could be a good fit for the total project, but she said Edmond is Rogers’ top priority.

“He’s coming here, to this piece of property, to this demographic, because he has the best chance of making it work,” she said. “It doesn’t mean we’re the only demographic in the metro that can make this work.”

^^^ Thank you for posting that!

This passed but will still have to clear hurdles and it is supposedly starting construction fall 2017.

http://www.news9.com/story/33708757/...sion-in-edmond

A link to the developers page showing some early renderings of the project. Note that this only shows the 250,000 of additional retail and commercial space. The project now includes 3 additional levels of luxury apartments and subsurface parking.

http://www.poagllc.com/wp-content/up...ochure-web.pdf

Regarding the apartments, Poag (the developer / owner of this project) recently partnered with Milhaus to build apartments as part of a project in Memphis.

Milhaus is the developer of LIFT in OKC and is based in Indianapolis.

This is really exciting.

Today I learned the grocery store will be a Fresh Market.

There is still not a deal done with a theater but there are two chains that are interested.

Why does their pdf say that Edmond has a population of 375,000?

Today I learned the grocery store will be a Fresh Market.

There is still not a deal done with a theater but there are two chains that are interested.
    Crate and Barrel and Cost Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Crate and Barrel and Cost Plus?
    I believe he means 2 movie theater chains are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Oh that makes sense. I still think we might see on of those two stores though. One the renderings they have a Bins and Containers logo on one of the buildings and a World Market sign.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Yes.

And Cost Plus is still going to Bryant Square I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    Why does their pdf say that Edmond has a population of 375,000?
    Looks like that's the population of the area highlighted in transparent green.

Thread Information