Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Creek Plaza

Default Re: Spring Creek Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    If cussing at my neighbors and calling them idiots for disagreeing with me is big time, I'll take small time every time. Definitely not the Oklahoma spirit, much less the Wind spirit.
    Well this is where we'll disagree here. But I can't say much more or a certain poster will come in here and start claiming that I'm cool for cussing.

Anyone who thinks anyone is cool for cussing needs to grow up. Adults don't work that way.

I've heard it on this forum before. It's a word. I don't put any stake in it. It makes me want to cuss even more when people get mad about it especially in Oklahoma.

Everyone on this site can say I need to grow up it doesn't make a different to me. I think 'they' are the ones who need to grow up, but that's my opinion.

I should add I'm not going to name the poster who likes to constantly trash me but he doesn't think I'm cool for cussing I was being facetious.

I think a little disorder can be a good thing rather than good old everyone knows everyone and is always polite to each other. Perhaps it could just be I'm young and I'll change my thinking in the future I can't know the future, but I think Oklahoma needs some more vulgarities and openly displayed disorder. At least it can be shown and not hidden behind walls until its exposed. Of course, I'm not advocating any councilmembers go this route.

I was fairly excited to see this kind of development come to fruition but with the likes of Edmond residents who won't even allow for a neighborhood Wal-Mart to be built on their ever-loving quiet corner, how on earth do we expect any other Edmond residents to allow something like this to be built? Especially when you're swinging a term like APARTMENTS??

I'm fairly certain that when Edmond residents hear and see the word apartment, they picture something like Oxford Oaks or the ghetto apatments on the southeast corner of Danforth and Boulevard. Notice the term modern and/or luxury condos was not thrown in. Pictures can speak a thousand words and I just don't think enough of that went around for this to be passed.

Regardless, I do believe this project could have been built anywhere else in Edmond, and did not have to be envisioned in a place that would destroy several oak trees, regardless of the buffer they created. In short, I too love nature and while I can't tell you the last time I was at Hafer Park, that is someone else's little heaven.

Pick another corner and give it a second shot. If you don't think it's worth it, go to Oklahoma City. You're welcome to my city.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I think Oklahoma needs some more vulgarities and openly displayed disorder
    It's me. Plu Pan is talking about me. And it's statements like the one above that made me say this. Adults who curse just do it and that's it. They don't talk about how cool it is, or that they think there needs to be more of it, or that they love wearing shirts with vulgarities on them.

This entire thread had nothing to do with this but you had to bring it up. I actually thought you'd conducted yourself quite well in this thread, especially since this got voted down. I thought you'd expressed yourself and your disappointment well. It's when one resorts to cursing and/or name calling that they don't tend to express themselves very well because they're just resorting to base elements. When you have to curse to get your point across, it makes me think of the cash me ousside girl. You're not her are you plu pan?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I'm fairly certain that when Edmond residents hear and see the word apartment, they picture something like Oxford Oaks or the ghetto apatments on the southeast corner of Danforth and Boulevard. Notice the term modern and/or luxury condos was not thrown in. Pictures can speak a thousand words and I just don't think enough of that went around for this to be passed.
    Good points. All I saw leading up to this vote was from the No No people. If there was any counter information coming from the Yes Yes people or the developer, I didn't see or hear it. And I certainly didn't see pictures and explanations of what they wanted to build. This would've gone a long way. Especially if they'd explained that they're not building run of the mill apartments and a strip mall. Again, pretty pictures of what they actually intended to do would've gone a long way in helping.

And bchris is right. This gives the best of both worlds. A mixed, urban type of feel in the suburbs. It meets two needs. Hopefully we stop getting proposals and finally get a town center/lifestyle center (or whatever you want to call it) for real. I think once one is built in this state it will change a lot of peoples' minds.

The proposed plans showed several pictures and even specifically mentions "upscale residential units" and the articles about the project also mention "luxury apartment units" whenever referencing them.

I doubt anyone would infer low quality apartment building structures from that.

But like you above have said, the NO camp was way more vocal. And people are lazy, so listening for buzzwords like "apartments near the park" and "traffic nightmare" is going to help those lazy people make their decision and go vote. This was just a classic NIMBY movement that squashed a lot of potential for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    And bchris is right. This gives the best of both worlds. A mixed, urban type of feel in the suburbs. It meets two needs. Hopefully we stop getting proposals and finally get a town center/lifestyle center (or whatever you want to call it) for real. I think once one is built in this state it will change a lot of peoples' minds.
    We have had a handful amount of proposals that had been approved, but the developers weren't able to live up to the original vision. This was a good development to try for and approve, but developers are still leading Nimby's in reasons why we don't have something like this yet in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The proposed plans showed several pictures and even specifically mentions "upscale residential units" and the articles about the project also mention "luxury apartment units" whenever referencing them.
    The people who come to this site would've seen the proposal and pictures etc. But the general voting public in Edmond didn't see that and I didn't see any push from the Yes side to make that public knowledge. I'm not saying they didn't, I'm just saying that if they did, I didn't see it.

I wish the developers would consider developing the land at 33rd and I 35 on the south west corner. Its a large tract of land for sale.(141 ac) I think it would be a nice fit for this type of development. Easy access to I-35 for comutes and shoppers coming in. Close to the developing trail system going to Lake Arcadia.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I wish the developers would consider developing the land at 33rd and I 35 on the south west corner. Its a large tract of land for sale.(141 ac) I think it would be a nice fit for this type of development. Easy access to I-35 for comutes and shoppers coming in. Close to the developing trail system going to Lake Arcadia.
    That will happen, but I have heard there are issues with getting utilities to work there.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    It's me. Plu Pan is talking about me. And it's statements like the one above that made me say this. Adults who curse just do it and that's it. They don't talk about how cool it is, or that they think there needs to be more of it, or that they love wearing shirts with vulgarities on them.

This entire thread had nothing to do with this but you had to bring it up. I actually thought you'd conducted yourself quite well in this thread, especially since this got voted down. I thought you'd expressed yourself and your disappointment well. It's when one resorts to cursing and/or name calling that they don't tend to express themselves very well because they're just resorting to base elements. When you have to curse to get your point across, it makes me think of the cash me ousside girl. You're not her are you plu pan?
    I don't ever remember saying that I was cool for doing so.

As far as the cash me outside girl, no lol. I can't stand her and like to think I'm in the middle of being a sailor and asking someone to cash me outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Well this is where we'll disagree here. But I can't say much more or a certain poster will come in here and start claiming that I'm cool for cussing.
    Well, if you're looking for cussing, it appears California is your place as they cuss a lot on Twitter and phones. However, research was contradictory on Oklahomans' cussing rate. One study showed Oklahomans cuss a lot in phone calls, and another suggested they do not cuss on Twitter: http://www.matt-koehler.com/swearing-on-twitter/

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Well, if you're looking for cussing, it appears California is your place as they cuss a lot on Twitter and phones. However, research was contradictory on Oklahomans' cussing rate. One study showed Oklahomans cuss a lot in phone calls, and another suggested they do not cuss on Twitter: http://www.matt-koehler.com/swearing-on-twitter/
    Interesting. Idk. Oddly enough, I am trying to work on my cussing when I shouldn't be during certain situations.

Damn near got into a fist fight with a dude on the train the other day because I was upset he was using horrible language around this little girl. On the flip side, I had a guy try and fight me in Edmond outside of a Petco because I was in a heated phone call yelling pretty loud cuss words. Either way I have anger issues I need to work on and I'm trying.

I appreciate Traxx letting me know I handled the loss pretty well. Sometimes I just see things in larger cities and want to see it in Oklahoma but then I take it to the extreme.

I am also trying to work on being more of gentlemen watching what I say around women as I have been really bad at that.

Anyone else hear that a Plenty Mercantile is going in next to Fuzzy's here?

It looks like this may happen here after all. They have completely removed the apartments. Apparently making sure no people were living in this development was a no brainer.

And it's a shame. A mixed use lifestyle center with residential options would have fit well there...

Yeah, mixed used would've been the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    And it's a shame. A mixed use lifestyle center with residential options would have fit well there...
    Completely agree. It also would have activated the park better and made it safer at night.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDub2 View Post
    Anyone else hear that a Plenty Mercantile is going in next to Fuzzy's here?
    Looks like they have opened.

Nice locally owned retail success story, with Plenty Mercantile opening their second location in the metro.

Well, this plan is back without he apartments.

http://kfor.com/2017/11/08/developme...-in-the-works/

It will be in phases now. Because Edmond and Oklahoma is so special even though virtually every other major city out there has these types of developments, somehow it will make living in Edmond unbearable with the proposed apartments. I really hope the developer comes back in the future and builds the apartments just to stick in their asses of the people who caused this to be delayed. I hate NIMBYS with a passion. They’re even worse out here in LA. Ugh! ��

NewsOk article on this: http://m.newsok.com/article/5571425

The NewsOk article makes it sound like apartments might still be part of it but are a later phase. The way they are doing it now means it won’t be able to be put to a vote so it’s up to the city.

The movie theatre and restaurant pad sites will be built first. They said if a movie theatre can’t be worked out a grocer will occupy the space there. I do believe a new Warren, this theatre, Covel Theatre, and the Chisholm Creek theatre can all be supported but I fear the AMC at Quail Springs might take a hit which would hurt the mall even more.

So I saw on FB that J JILL just opened at Spring Creek Plaza and that Kendra Scott is going in next door. J Jill's grand opening is August 15th. Pretty excited about these two stores coming to Edmond!

The site of the spring creek expansion that was sure to induce chronic gridlock and turn this sector of Edmond into a crime ridden new Manhattan with its 4-5 story buildings is up for rezoning. You can thank Lydia whom is back at it again all but ensuring no 24 hour operations will be had and fighting to keep Manhattanization from plaguing this part of Edmond by limiting building heights to 30 feet tall. Sadly the developer couldn’t make a good faith promise on that and Lydia left with more questions than she had going in, but make no mistake folks, she’ll fight to keep these developer fiends in check when it comes to Edmond.

https://www.edmondsun.com/news/sprin...0d9a89b3c.html

This proposal passed the city council. I can only hope the developer is POAG but I haven’t been following it so I am not sure.

https://kfor.com/2019/11/12/spring-c...dmond-council/

Thread Information