Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At Home by Garden Ridge

Large Chain At Home by Garden Ridge

On the heels of the WinCo announcement, we have also learned that Garden Ridge is planning to open their new concept called At Home in the same area. The 19th & I-35 area of Moore is beginning to rival Memorial Road in North OKC when it comes to big box retailers.

Garden Ridge has already converted some of their stores to this format, which features more textiles, rugs and "soft" home furnishings. However, this will be one of the first At Home stores built from the ground up.

Will be about 80,000 to 100,000 square feet.

Default Re: At Home by Garden Ridge

Do you know if Garden Ridge will be closing its existing store over at Portland and I-40 or will this be an entirely different concept?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Do you know if Garden Ridge will be closing its existing store over at Portland and I-40 or will this be an entirely different concept?
    Why would they close their store on MacArthur? That's a very long way from this store.

They may convert it at some point to At Home but I'm sure it won't be closed.

Took them long enough to build a new store.

Looks like this will be their first store in Oklahoma, as far as the "At Home" concept goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Looks like this will be their first store in Oklahoma, as far as the "At Home" concept goes.
    That's correct, although I'm not sure of the timing.

I suspect this will be announced and work will start soon.

Moore is on a roll...Really reeling in some quality places to shop

We have been to the at Home store in North Denver (Westminster or Thornton) and it is more in line with what the concept of Garden Ridge was at the start, my wife liked it. She quit going to Garden Ridge in Austin when it became pretty much a "Bigger Lots" store.

I'm pretty sure this is where Costco would put one of their first locations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why would they close their store on MacArthur? That's a very long way from this store.

They may convert it at some point to At Home but I'm sure it won't be closed.
    I noticed that the current Garden Ridge has a sign on its door saying "Garden Ridge is now At Home"... that was about 2 weeks ago, I believe.

I'm excited!

They really should get rid of the Garden Ridge concept. They have let it run down so much in the last 5 years. They used to have great kitchen supplies, frames, and other things. Now they have cheap crap. They used to be packed and now they barely have anyone in there.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    I noticed that the current Garden Ridge has a sign on its door saying "Garden Ridge is now At Home"... that was about 2 weeks ago, I believe.
    So really their probably just going to be rebranding all their stores at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    So really their probably just going to be rebranding all their stores at some point.
    My wife saw an article awhile back about how Garden Ridge had new management and they were changing the stores into more of what they used to be. Seems to me that they kind of went the JCPenney route of complete rebranding and then I guess they fired the Big Lots rejects to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    We were there a little over a week ago and they had already started painting and remodeling. This store is definitely not going anywhere. They were handing out fliers and the employee made a comment that there is probably going to be some better quality of stuff there too.

May start shopping there again...used to be about a once a month thing for me (or more) then when things kept declining, more of a once a year (if that)...can't tell ya the last time I was in there

17. Default Re: At Home by Garden Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    May start shopping there again...used to be about a once a month thing for me (or more) then when things kept declining, more of a once a year (if that)...can't tell ya the last time I was in there
    We usually go the couple of weeks after Christmas... Between Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge we haven't paid full price for Christmas decorations in years. Even our $400 tree only cost us $80.

18. Default Re: At Home by Garden Ridge

Garden Ridge is a great place for outdoor patio furniture cushions. Best selection of any place in the city. Great selection of bar stools too. Other than that, I haven't really shopped there in a while. This change to At Home looks to be for the better.

any updates on this?

Has construction started on this yet?

The Garden Ridge on MacArthur and I-40 changed a few months ago. The outside looks nicer but the inside is pretty much the exact same.

22. Default Re: At Home by Garden Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    The Garden Ridge on MacArthur and I-40 changed a few months ago. The outside looks nicer but the inside is pretty much the exact same.
    That's exactly what I saw too.

This may put Hemisphere out of business when they open.

Quote Originally Posted by bhawes View Post
    This may put Hemisphere out of business when they open.
    It won't take much. You ever seen more than 5 cars in the Hemispheres lot?

Guess there isn't a huge demand for $4,000 water fountains

They are different markets, more like a cross between Hobby Lobby decorations and Big Lots Furniture. Not a threat to Hemispheres and I am not a fan of the "style" of stuff they have at Hemispheres. It doesn't take a lot of traffic when you have the prices that Hemispheres has, one sale could be a day of sales of At Home.

Thread Information