Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: At Home by Garden Ridge

1. Default Re: At Home by Garden Ridge

People up there love to say its such an important corridor and where all the new businesses should build. If that's the case, why is there so much empty space up there then?

Default Re: At Home by Garden Ridge

This is purely anecdotal, but whenever I am in the area and enter any of the numerous businesses, it seems relatively quiet in the stores compared to the amount of cars you see driving throughout the area. Maybe I just happen to go at the right times to not have to deal with crowds, or there just is really that much traffic flowing through here. Note this observation was from before the COVID era.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    People up there love to say its such an important corridor and where all the new businesses should build. If that's the case, why is there so much empty space up there then?
    What empty space?

This property is the only large vacancy and it will soon be filled.

There are millions of occupied square feet in the Memorial corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What empty space?

This property is the only large vacancy and it will soon be filled.

There are millions of occupied square feet in the Memorial corridor.
    While the corridor is generally healthy there are a few large areas that are empty:

Old Hemisphere's location behind Home Depot

A handful of storefronts inside Quail Springs Mall , but it appears this is being addressed as the mall shifts to a Family Entertainment and Shopping Destination

Old "The Market" on the west side of the mall.

Isn't Platt College by Barnes and Noble also empty?

The old Sears location outside the mall by High Five Media.

^

Hemisphere is the only one of note and they closed ALL their stores, not just that one. As far as I can tell, Hobby Lobby isn't even trying to sell or lease it.

And no, that Barnes & Noble is not closed and I don't think Platt College is either.

Considering the millions of occupied square feet, percentage-wise the vacancy rate in the Memorial corridor is very, very low.

Memorial corridor is an extremely important corridor and one of the busiest in the city. Anyone who suggest otherwise is either ignorant or wants to believe it regardless of reality. Either way, I can’t believe how packed Memorial road and even the Kilpatrick turnpike has been getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Memorial corridor is an extremely important corridor and one of the busiest in the city. Anyone who suggest otherwise is either ignorant or wants to believe it regardless of reality. Either way, I can’t believe how packed Memorial road and even the Kilpatrick turnpike has been getting.
    Wouldn't be surprised if there's commercial development clear out to the curve at County Line Road in a decade or two, especially given Paycom's location. Heck, you could probably manage it all the way around and down to the NW Expressway interchange someday, provided you added in some new frontage roads and exits.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if there's commercial development clear out to the curve at County Line Road in a decade or two, especially given Paycom's location. Heck, you could probably manage it all the way around and down to the NW Expressway interchange someday, provided you added in some new frontage roads and exits.
    ROW really needs to be preserved for multiple new freeways in NW OKC metro. Eventually a new loop paralleling Kilpatrick will be needed in a few decades. NWE should be converted to a freeway or made to be with a full freeway to freeway interchange at Kilpatrick. I suspect in a decade or two the Kilpatrick will be packed with developments all the way to I-40. Exciting stuff! Lots of growth happening but will the city be proactive to build infrastructure or not. They aren’t doing much so far.

It certainly appears as though At Home is back on track at Memorial & Penn; workers on site working away:

Drove by the other day, and there's signage on the building, so certainly seems like it's happening! Very happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Drove by the other day, and there's signage on the building, so certainly seems like it's happening! Very happy about this.
    Looks to be almost done honestly. I bet they open this spring. .

This is from today; lights were on inside:

They opened yesterday, 3/17.

Absolutely a massive place, as they all are.

This location should do very well.

Thread Information