Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At Home by Garden Ridge

Default Re: At Home by Garden Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Guess there isn't a huge demand for $4,000 water fountains
    Made in China.

The Moore location is still on and about to start construction according to Moore Daily: News | The Moore Daily

I think the map is incorrect. The At Home store is going in where it says "Winco".

4. Default Re: At Home by Garden Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    I think the map is incorrect. The At Home store is going in where it says "Winco".
    Yeah... I've been wondering about that myself watching that building going up to the east of the fitness center.... Although the At Home signs are up in front of the lot that's highlighted.

The At Home store is actually directly north of where the Winco is on the above map. It is directly south of where 17th Street now dead-ends at Janeway, and is on land that was previously part of Royal Park. I think Winco is actually going in over by 35 West, eventually.

I have updated and corrected the location map.

We've been to the store on MacArthur a couple times. The staff was helpful and the store was clean but seemed a bit cluttered. Over all they were good experiences. You know, to me the sign seems to say "ath me." Ath me what?

They have a pretty amazing selection of home decor items like rugs, pillows and accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have a pretty amazing selection of home decor items like rugs, pillows and accessories.
    I haven't been in the building since the name change, but didn't Garden Ridge have that too?

At Home planning North OKC store

At Home is planning to take nearly 120,000 of vacant retail space near Quail Springs Mall.

The home decor products store currently has three locations in Oklahoma: 701 S. MacArthur in Oklahoma City, SW 19th in Moore and another in Tulsa.

Formerly known as Garden Ridge, the big-box retailer is headquartered in Plano, Texas and currently operates over 200 stores in 39 states. The company had previously announced an aggressive expansion plan that would ultimately add 400 stores to the chain.

The new location was formerly occupied by Hobby Lobby and Toys R Us as well as Red Rock Fitness & Training. Hobby Lobby recently moved to a new space directly to the south along Memorial Road and Toys R Us went out of business nationwide.

At Home filed a $4.6 million permit application which would absorb a large amount of retail vacancy in the north sector of town.

I'm glad they found a way to utilize all the empty buildings in this area.

Work has started:

Went by there today. Guess At Home pulled out and called it quits. Available signs are up and all Coming Soon At Home signs removed.

Have the other At Home stores closed as well, or just the North OKC project been pulled?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Have the other At Home stores closed as well, or just the North OKC project been pulled?
    All locations are currently open.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettmiester View Post
    Went by there today. Guess At Home pulled out and called it quits. Available signs are up and all Coming Soon At Home signs removed.
    How far did they get with combining the three buildings into one? At this point, what else could that space be repurposed to? Retail? Full Service Grocery? The empty Hemisphere's space to the north and vacant "The Market" to the west of Quail Springs doesn't help.

With everything else around Quail Springs, there isn't much left that isn't already there or a few red stoplights away in Edmond. (TJ Maxx, Academy, Home Goods, Kohls, Bed Bath Beyond, SteinMart, Crest)

The only winner in all of this, the Hobby Lobby store that moved from this location to the old Gordman's to the south.

That space is not showing as available on the owner's website.

There are a couple of smaller spaces in the same center that are for lease. Even though work has stopped, the construction fence is still up.

It could simply be that At Home is pausing for now and hasn't completely killed this location.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It could simply be that At Home is pausing for now and hasn't completely killed this location.
    Fingers crossed. Hope they decide to continue the build out and open. Given the current economic climate, it's understandable to pause, but demand hopefully will pick back up.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    How far did they get with combining the three buildings into one? At this point, what else could that space be repurposed to? Retail? Full Service Grocery? The empty Hemisphere's space to the north and vacant "The Market" to the west of Quail Springs doesn't help.

With everything else around Quail Springs, there isn't much left that isn't already there or a few red stoplights away in Edmond. (TJ Maxx, Academy, Home Goods, Kohls, Bed Bath Beyond, SteinMart, Crest)

The only winner in all of this, the Hobby Lobby store that moved from this location to the old Gordman's to the south.
    Life Church loves these types of buildings!! Haha

May be a long pause since they made the effort to paint everything including the temporary plywood white.

It could be completely dead but hoping not. That's a huge hole.

It looks like some work may have resumed at the memorial location and the “for lease” sign is gone. Is At Home back on or did something else take over?

^

I believe At Home is back on.

I'll get out there and see what I can confirm.

Thread Information