Widgets Magazine

Thread: Food Truck Tracking App Being Tested In Oklahoma

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Food Truck Tracking App Being Tested In Oklahoma

I think its funny how people thumb their nose at a new fast food location. They say "This state has too many fat people. That's the last thing we need." Yet they go gaga over food trucks. I am willing to bet the average food truck meal packs on just as many calories as a fast food meal if not more. Not to mention it sometimes costs more especially when you add on the gas you use to hunt it down.

2. Default Re: Food Truck Tracking App Being Tested In Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    I think its funny how people thumb their nose at a new fast food location. They say "This state has too many fat people. That's the last thing we need." Yet they go gaga over food trucks. I am willing to bet the average food truck meal packs on just as many calories as a fast food meal if not more. Not to mention it sometimes costs more especially when you add on the gas you use to hunt it down.
    There really isn't much of a comparison when it comes to a fast food establishment and a modern food truck, beyond calorie count...... so, in that case I guess we could compare McDonalds to Cheevers because both serve food and both have high and low calorie menu items - and I think all would agree that comparison would be asinine.

Anyone who really compares a fast-food restaurant to food trucks simply doesn't 'get it.' Its really a cultural thing IMO...... You don't hunt down a fast food restaurant and they are rarely (if ever) associated with a social experience like 'food truck rodeos', outdoor special events etc. Not to mention the types of food and how they are prepared is vastly different than corporate fast-food chains.

The differences actually go on and on......

Thread Information