height= 10 stories
    1,200 to 2,000 parking spaces + office

Information & Latest News

5/15/13: Garage may interfere with rail plans
    5/10/13: Garage and offices proposed
    Links

County Assessor Record
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bricktowngarage2.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	266.0 KB 
ID:	8118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bricktowngarage3.jpg 
Views:	1267 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	8119   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	btgarage1.jpg 
Views:	810 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	8120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R020024995001qA.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	8121  

Default Re: Karchmer Garage

That is pretty massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    That is pretty massive.
    Must. Have. Strength. To. Not. Quote. Michael. Scott......

I'm hopeful that they will restructure their site layout to allow the eventual addition of the rail line spur. No reason why we can't have both, as both would be tremendous developments for the city.

So, has the location of this parking garage just been moved to the south a little bit? Maybe the rail line can go behind it?

I believe they are re-sizing the footprint to accommodate the rail line.

I know this is still an active project.

I also hope they move the south entrance to the parking garage (fronting Main) to the alley right next to it. That's a curb cut that can be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe they are re-sizing the footprint to accommodate the rail line.
    Let's hope so. I heard the rail transit consultant that is now involved didn't seem to have a good grasp of all the rail transit plans for that area.

I know I must be missing something here. This parking garage was proposed at least a year or more ago. It just seems the simple answer would be to build it a little smaller or x number of feet from the track. Has it taken this long to come up with that solution?

I like it, and it's needed. I park in that lot daily, and in the past month some new office must have come online because the front 2/3 of the lot is full by 7:45. A year ago, I could park near the front if I got to work at any point before 8:00.

There has been additional valet parking here too. I don't know if its Aloft, but they have a different uniform than the Skirvin valets. Once Tapstone moves in, parking here will need to be increased (or, the city could invest in bus system enough to convince people like me to leave the car at home. I'd be easy to convince.)

That lot is definitely approaching critical mass.

Blog Entries

Holiday Inn Express will also have a non-trivial impact on the parking there.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    I know I must be missing something here. This parking garage was proposed at least a year or more ago. It just seems the simple answer would be to build it a little smaller or x number of feet from the track. Has it taken this long to come up with that solution?
    My thoughts exactly.

Very true. And the throngs of families that will no doubt plan their family vacations around Brickopolis.

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    Not as simple as "build x feet away from the track". It's important to protect a curved path from the north bound line to the east bound line to allow trains departing or arriving from Santa Fe Station can access the line going to Tulsa, NE side, and Midwest City.

Also, I've heard Karchmer has decided to build another parking structure in Bricktown first; one the land he owns on the SW corner of Oklahoma and Sheridan.

We should get definitely plans on that one soon, and then this project would follow.

Also, I've heard Karchmer has decided to build another parking structure in Bricktown first; one the land he owns on the SW corner of Oklahoma and Sheridan.

We should get definitely plans on that one soon, and then this project would follow.
    Just parking or might there be offices on top, retail on the bottom or both?

Parking structure with retail on ground floor.

HangryHippo Guest

Interesting. This would be the Karchmer #2 lot from the Bricktown Shakeup thread?

As an aside, I hope the garage is designed well and aesthetically pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    Interesting. This would be the Karchmer #2 lot from the Bricktown Shakeup thread?
    Yes.

When could we hear something official about it?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    When could we hear something official about it?
    It would first have to go through design review.

I suspect the reason it got moved up on the priority list is due to the Andy Burnett purchases of the Karchmer properties ( Bricktown Shakeup ) to the east. Those properties should close this month and then the dominos will probably start to fall.

My understanding is that a developer wants to construct a mid-rise hotel directly east (parcel 5 below) and this garage would serve that property and address parking needs in the middle of Bricktown.

The garage depicted in this thread was primarily to serve the CBD, as Karchmer was looking to sell blocks of spaces to Continental and other downtown employers.

Blog Entries

I know it didn't work on Main street, but to me this seems like a great location (Karchmer 2) to do ground floor retail and upper floor residential and/or office, given how hot the Bricktown office market has gotten of late.

That is such a prime spot! I hope they do it right.
    Needs to be "family friendly" though.

HangryHippo Guest

Pete, any word on what brand of hotel is being looked at for #5?

Thread Information