Widgets Magazine

Thread: 4th St Railroad Crossing

Default 4th St Railroad Crossing

This crossing seems to have more problems than any other crossing I have ever driven over. Looks like there is a chunk of concrete on the east bound lane in the tracks that is coming up/sliding around, etc.

Anyone know if this will get fixed or will we have to continue driving over the tracks at 5 mph?

Default Re: 4th St Railroad Crossing

Railroad owns the tracks, right? I'm pretty sure they do anyway, it's their responsibility to fix the crossing.

Incidentally I was just wondering if there's any more news of the proposed underpass being built there. I haven't heard anything in probably a year but I know one of the later artist rendition of the central park showed an underpass there at 4th.

If it were me and I really wanted a legit answer from an employee of the city I'd pose the question on their Facebook. They are pretty good about answering questions there.

The underpass is many many years away. It will happen eventually so the engineer added it to the pictures of the park. Knowing that it will come some day they developers went ahead and made a plan for it.

Otherwise I wouldn't hold my breath on it. It'll be a while...

4. Default Re: 4th St Railroad Crossing

Somewhere in the Moore forum you will find my thread from last year discussing this problem. I exchanged several emails with the city manager and was told it is simply the responsibility of the railroad to maintain the crossings. They tried leveling it out a few months ago but that didn't last long. I would advise trying to bend Glen Lewis' ear if you can.

I wouldn't hold my breathe either. This was the second fix I've seen in the last few years. Maybe Moore likes the speed bump

Quote Originally Posted by 94GTStang View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breathe either. This was the second fix I've seen in the last few years. Maybe Moore likes the speed bump
    Yep, it slows people down so they have no problem w/ it. I actually think 12th St.'s crossing is worse.

Railroad crossing opened up this morning. Smoooooth!! Lots better!!

9. Default Re: 4th St Railroad Crossing

This made my month. My daily commute will be so much better now.

I feel like there needs to be a sign that says "HEY DRIVERS...YOU NO LONGER NEED TO DRIVE 5MPH OVER THE TRACKS". Out of habit I see cars still crawling across them.

Let's hope they stay this nice.

It's a lot better than it was but still not as smooth as I expected to be. Oh well, at least it's back open!

Well, looks like this crossing will be back to a crawl before you know it. Heading eastbound on 4th street in the right lane, you'll notice that one of the slabs between the tracks is already loose and "bouncing around".

13. Default Re: 4th St Railroad Crossing

Sorry.... I must have broken that loose when I went airborn going over it at 5 MPH yesterday.... My bad.

Thread Information