Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Stillwater Regional Airport Still Pursuing Commercial Air Service

1. Default Re: Stillwater Regional Airport Still Pursuing Commercial Air Service

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Highly doubt the 650am flight gets cancelled as the plane is already there from the night before but ok I guess.
    Unless the flight doesn't come in from the night before. Or there's a flight crew problem on the ONE flight crew in Stillwater. Or the plane has serious mechanical issues.

Default Re: Stillwater Regional Airport Still Pursuing Commercial Air Service

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Unless the flight doesn't come in from the night before. Or there's a flight crew problem on the ONE flight crew in Stillwater. Or the plane has serious mechanical issues.
    But it does come in the night before, that's like all that plane does is fly back forth from dfw. And I've been totally hosed in okc enough (most recently last weekend) it's really not that big of a risk. Plus I'm flying to Austin, so all I'd have to do is rebook through okc. Appreciate the concern but I'm a grown man perfectly capable of making decisions.

Out of curiosity, every time I've checked the tickets appeared to be about $50 more expensive. Does that vary? I guess the only way I'd save money is on a longer trip where I save on parking, if it doesn't.
    Last edited by jerrywall; 07-12-2017 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Or there is a problem at the destination airport that prevents the fight from landing there.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000441980359

2022 design for terminal finished.
    2024 new terminal open.

75% load factor.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000441980359

2022 design for terminal finished.
    2024 new terminal open.

75% load factor.
    That’s great news!

We have taken on several people from American’s network planning team, I would love to see United try Lawton and Stillwater to denver.

We’ve been aggressive in connecting small cities to denver so there is an overall strategy in place. I’m not holding my breath but it would be good for western connections out of either of those airports.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/lo..._medium=social

American is going to start paying rent and takeoff landing fees.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/lo..._medium=social

American is going to start paying rent and takeoff landing fees.
    Sounds like service is maturing. American’s commitment to the lease indicates that it is meeting their expectations and metrics. It’s great to see new markets mature.

Looks like service expansion is in the cards. Chicago or Denver?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=pwzuuw

https://twitter.com/krzmarzickmj/sta...TxgQpJrufpunxw

Looks like it could be an upgrade to CRJ-700s.

I'm not surprised some kind of upgrade is coming. The parking lot at the Stillwater Airport is always full or nearly so. The overflow has to park in lot for the ball field. Not just Stillwater, but all of north central Oklahoma needs it.

CRJ-700 confirmed.

But also in the PR, construction on a new 32,000 sq ft terminal slated to begin in 2024

https://twitter.com/flystillwaterok/..._ThBVmpeTLzLvw

Stillwater Regional Airport upgrades flying experience with larger plane and fresh food options.
    https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/lo...bee631ae9.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Stillwater Regional Airport upgrades flying experience with larger plane and fresh food options.
    https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/lo...bee631ae9.html
    As an Oklahoman...I am very excited for the airport to be doing well and for Stillwater. As an OKC resident that flies 125k plus mile per year and would like more routes...hate to see the numbers taken away from OKC though. Love the new DL OKC-LGA. I have flown it twice in the last 6 months including this last week.

15. Default Re: Stillwater Regional Airport Still Pursuing Commercial Air Service

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    As an Oklahoman...I am very excited for the airport to be doing well and for Stillwater. As an OKC resident that flies 125k plus mile per year and would like more routes...hate to see the numbers taken away from OKC though. Love the new DL OKC-LGA. I have flown it twice in the last 6 months including this last week.
    Have those OKC-LGA flights been pretty full?

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Have those OKC-LGA flights been pretty full?
    No. They appeared about 80% full We were delayed from 4 ish departure time to almost 9 pm on Friday return so others may have rerouted to OKC. The times are great thoug as you get to OKC noonish and leave in the evening so can get a full weekend in. I'm thinking of taking the missus back up to go to the Christmas Market. As Stillwater residents will see...having more non stops opens up a lot of weekend trip ideas.

AA switching to the E-170 on DFW-SWO starting in December. Currently served 2x/daily with a CRJ-700

18. Default Re: Stillwater Regional Airport Still Pursuing Commercial Air Service

That's a nice up-gauge. Really hope they can manage to get an ORD flight at some point.

That's a nice up-gauge. Really hope they can manage to get an ORD flight at some point.
    ORD on AA or DEN on UA

Burn Hargis said it publicly he wanted ORD as the second city. I would imagine they have a decent shot once the new terminal is up and going.

Burn Hargis said it publicly he wanted ORD as the second city. I would imagine they have a decent shot once the new terminal is up and going.
    Stillwater and all of north central Oklahoma needs to grow faster to get more air service. The new magnet factory in Stillwater to employ 100 people isn't much to go on in that direction, but is better than nothing. Fortunately, most of the smaller towns in north central Oklahoma have at least been holding on to their population levels since 2020.

I am curious how many people travel for cheaper flights and what the cut off is? We, almost exclusively fly out of OKC, but have driven to Dallas (Love and DFW) to fly because the savings was substantial enough (time, cost of driving, maybe hotel, parking, etc) that we could do it. So if a flight to NYC from OKC was $500 per person (not saying it is) with a connection and a flight from Love was direct and $200 per person, we would consider it. I wonder how much that is taken into account in STL when thinking OKC and Tulsa are about an hour away?

23. Default Re: Stillwater Regional Airport Still Pursuing Commercial Air Service

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I am curious how many people travel for cheaper flights and what the cut off is? We, almost exclusively fly out of OKC, but have driven to Dallas (Love and DFW) to fly because the savings was substantial enough (time, cost of driving, maybe hotel, parking, etc) that we could do it. So if a flight to NYC from OKC was $500 per person (not saying it is) with a connection and a flight from Love was direct and $200 per person, we would consider it. I wonder how much that is taken into account in STL when thinking OKC and Tulsa are about an hour away?
    STL (St. Louis, MO) is not an hour from OKC and Tulsa. I know what you meant, just teasing. The code at Stillwater is SWO.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Doubt very many if any are driving from OKC and Tulsa to get on an AA flight to DFW from Stillwater. Maybe towns in the surrounding counties like Perkins, Ponca City, Pawnee, etc Now if there was a Chicago or Denver flight that may pull some more people

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Doubt very many if any are driving from OKC and Tulsa to get on an AA flight from Stillwater. Maybe towns in the surrounding counties like Perkins, Ponca City, Pawnee, etc Now if there was a Chicago or Denver flight that may pull some more people
    We have driven to Tulsa as well as Wichita for flights. It is rare and has been when the entire family of five were going so the savings was X5 which made it worthwhile. If the flight was several hundred dollars cheaper....would make the drive worth it assuming Stillwater has free parking. I don't look at Stillwater as we fly Delta 95% of the time but that may be changing with the new changes to their loyalty program.

Thread Information