Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Chisholm Creek

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I don't believe that's the case. Theatres are unable to serve beer or alcohol in an auditorium unless the theatre (or controlled balcony) is 21+. It is being lobbied to have all theatre space treated like a restaurant space where you can go with a family, and drink if you are 21+. It is not going to be up for vote in November, but hopeful to be in spring.
    The Circle Cinema in Tulsa has served drinks for years.

http://www.circlecinema.com/

2. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post

Looks similar to OKCMOA's theatre, which also serves drinks. There may be a separate distinction for these theatres? Not sure yet, I'll look more into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post

I did actually find the relevant section in the state laws. It does explicitly state that a motion picture theater can not have a liquor license, except for areas which are 21+ and also serve food. Color me shocked.

4. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I did actually find the relevant section in the state laws. It does explicitly state that a motion picture theater can not have a liquor license, except for areas which are 21+ and also serve food. Color me shocked.
    Another example of antiquated liquor laws hindering growth. These theaters are at a stalemate until this law can be reversed, hopefully in the spring.

I can only partially agree with that. Warren has two theaters in Oklahoma selling alcohol (albeit with restrictions). I heard rumors the AMC in Tulsa was looking at alcohol. And Alamo Drafthouse was actively looking for a franchisee for a Tulsa location a few years back. Now yes, the laws certainly would have affected profit and loss estimates for a potential franchisee, but I gather it was market more than regulation that has kept it from happening. Alamo seems to be mainly expanding via franchise out of the Austin market.

6. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

It would require Alamo or any other company similar to change their business model though. Not saying the franchisee would be unwilling because, like you said, they've been actively looking, but it's hard to compare to Warren/AMC, etc where alcohol sales would just be an enhancement to their overall model.

Torchy's Tacos, Potbelly Sandwiches coming to Chisholm Creek

With the first Oklahoma location of Torchy's Tacos drawing long lines after last month's opening in Norman's University Town Center, the Austin-based chain has leased another location near Memorial and Penn in the Chisholm Creek complex.

Having recently opened Tract 30 (Fuzzy's, Republic, Sidecar, Yokozuma and others) a mile to the east near Western, Chisholm Creek will soon start construction on the next phase, dubbed Westgate.

In addition to Torchy's, the development will feature a drive-thru Starbucks plus the first Oklahoma location for Potbelly Sandwiches, a national chain with over 400 locations.

Even in the crowded quick-service sandwich market, Potbelly has an enthusiastic following of its own. The closest current locations are in the Dallas area.

Torchy's is also planning a location in the Bryant Square shopping center in Edmond and may add more locations in the OKC area.

Westgate will also include 5,000 additional square feet of lease space.

Chisholm Creek is a massive master-planned development of offices, retail, restaurants, apartments and recreational facilities. In addition to Tract 30, it already includes Top Golf, Cabela's and iFLY with 287 apartments now under construction.

Torchy's is great! And I wonder if that means that the Starbucks on the corner of the strip shopping center across the street and a bit north will be closing in favor of this standalone that will have drive-thru and more space that the other one currently lacks.

What a day to be alive! I've been begging for a Potbelly's in OKC for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    Torchy's is great! And I wonder if that means that the Starbucks on the corner of the strip shopping center across the street and a bit north will be closing in favor of this standalone that will have drive-thru and more space that the other one currently lacks.
    I'm sure this will be the case. I had a strong feeling a new bigger Starbucks with a drive through was going to be built somewhere in Chisholm Creek.

I wasn't expecting this announcement this far west on the property, so I'm really looking forward to the future announcements for the core area of development.

I like that the 3-D rendering includes the inevitable line of cars wrapped around the Starbucks building.

It might have been covered earlier in this thread but does anyone know what is being built right along Memorial, near I-Fly? I think it's just East of I-Fly but that's from memory and it might be just West of I-Fly

When is the anticipated completion date for Westgate? Or start date?

West of I-Fly is the apartment complex.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I like that the 3-D rendering includes the inevitable line of cars wrapped around the Starbucks building.

It might have been covered earlier in this thread but does anyone know what is being built right along Memorial, near I-Fly? I think it's just East of I-Fly but that's from memory and it might be just West of I-Fly
    That's to the west and is the apartment complex.

14. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Interesting. That small site is more of less a standalone development, designed to tap into existing traffic on Penn. CC's developers have definitely approached site planning and land use more thoughtfully and creatively than pretty much any suburban retail development previously built in OKC.

Have we any word on when Republic will open in CC? Maybe it would be easier to list what is actually open at this point. I'm looking forward to a lot of the stuff in that development.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    When is the anticipated completion date for Westgate? Or start date?

West of I-Fly is the apartment complex.
    Thanks! I should follow this development more closely since I live less than 3 miles away and it's going to have good restaurants plus what may turn out to be a good trail system for bicycling. I didn't even know the building that Fuzzy's is in existed.

17. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

It's interesting that they're bringing in both Torchy's and Fuzzy's. The concepts are pretty similar, but just enough different and far apart in the development both groups were ok with it.

Yeah, the two are almost a mile apart.

This project is so big they are going to have duplication.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Have we any word on when Republic will open in CC? Maybe it would be easier to list what is actually open at this point. I'm looking forward to a lot of the stuff in that development.
    I think so far in the Trac 30 building, only Fuzzy's is open. The nail salon and Yokozuna are opening in September.

Blog Entries

I guess they will close the Starbucks about 2 blocks north of this new one then.

Agreed! Love Potbelly's!

Potbellys is awesome - ate there a few times when i was working in St Louis alot last year.

Glad to see Torchy's finally confirmed.

Blog Entries

That Starbuck's up the street (on Penn) is a deal to get in and out of quickly, looking forward to this new location.

Maybe this was already announced, but its from their email list:

YOKOZUNA SET TO OPEN NEWEST LOCATION

IN OKLAHOMA CITY'S CHISHOLM CREEK DEVELOPMENT

McNellie’s Group is happy to announce we are opening a Yokozuna in Oklahoma City this fall. It will be located in the Chisholm Creek Development along the northern edge of Oklahoma City. Construction is nearing completion on the new building, which is conveniently located between Memorial and Western. Yokozuna's neighbors in Chisholm Creek will include Top Golf, Republic, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, and Sidecar Barley & Wine Bar, Cabela's, and other retail establishments.

“We are excited to finally open this location in Oklahoma City” said Yokozuna Operating Partner Matt Leland “After seven years in Tulsa, this feels long overdue. We are incredibly happy with the design and construction. It is a fantastic looking restaurant, and by far our largest location. Our rooftop is going to be a great place to dine and enjoy the view. We hope to be open in early October”

Yokozuna OKC will have seating for over 200 people located on three levels with sushi bar, mezzanine, bar, patio, & roof top dining. In addition there are private rooms with seating for 15, 25, & 45 people, perfect for business meetings or private parties.

Thread Information