Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chisholm Creek

1. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

yeah i didnt get the fuzzys connection but ill take both since this is near me

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Yes they are under the same ownership group.

Quote Originally Posted by oakhollow View Post
    Yes they are under the same ownership group.
    Gotchya. Then to me it seems like Chisholm Creek is getting a Texadelphia and a Fuzzy's.

Why can't they get a Benihana or Ruth Chris ?( I know we have plenty of steakhouses). I like Torchy taco's more the Fuzzy's. Get something other than a Hal Smith owned resturant.

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Why can't they get a Benihana or Ruth Chris ?( I know we have plenty of steakhouses). I like Torchy taco's more the Fuzzy's. Get something other than a Hal Smith owned resturant.

Supposedly Ruth's Chris will be going into Classen Curve.

6. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Are they under the same ownership group?

If anything, it would seem they're saying there will be a Texadelphia AND a taco place (or maybe they're opening a new dual concept).
    To answer your question, yes.

Default Re: Chisholm Creek Development

11/15/2014

I know this was posted, but I wanted to point a couple things out here.

They included Cabelas and Top Golf as labeled in the rendering. They also have grocery store, hotel, and 2,700 seat live music venue. This is awesome. Also they noticeably increased the amount of structure parking and added a few more buildings as well, so it sounds like this is really successful and some very exciting announcements are on the horizon.

Using scale of the Sam's Club and the labeled ''grocery" I don't think this is large enough to be a Costco, however, seeing as a recent NewsOk article said an announced grocer is coming to the OKC area, I wonder if this might be Harris Teeter or basic Kroger's? It seems about the right size. It could also be the Reasor's I suppose. This would also seem to fit the size of a Whole Foods as well.

There's also a fairly large building that fronts Memorial and is right on the west of the pond; it seems like it could be another anchor store. I wonder what it might be? Here's a couple ideas I had that seem to fit the size of the structure unless they plan on splitting it.

They also announced 'Tract 30' which is a 3 story mixed-use building with shopping, restaurant, office and patio space.

With already 100 million invested already, excluding Tract 30, all we have right now is two tenants announced and a hospital, so that seems like a very good number. I'm not sure if they included the roads and infrastructure or not. This might turn out to be one of the most successful retail developments in the state and the first truly mixed-use development or lifestyle center. Things are really shaping up nicely here.

There is also a small parcel close to Cabela's that looks to be fast food restaurant parcel. Fingers crossed for In-N-Out. I'm not sure of any other fast food chains that aren't in the area besides Jack In The Box. What other fast food chains aren't already in the area? I'm sure there is a couple I'm missing.

The hotel is another interesting one. I know they originally had it at 8 stories, and since everything has been upgraded, I was wondering if this might be as well. There is no floor count posted anymore, but I was thinking more of what brand it might be. Perhaps a Hyatt Park Place or an Intercontinental? Something luxury that won't be branded with the new convention center hotel.

The last thing is live music venue; it really has me excited. It seems to be located in what they plan to be an urban setting and will supposedly have 2,700 seats, which seems like a good number. That tells me they already have someone lined up for this. I wonder if it was what Pete said about The Rustic? There's also, what appears to be a 7,000 person amphitheater.

They also have six different large tracts of land labeled 'future development', so all of this really give me hope that this will turn out badass. It seems to indicate they really are bent on this last rendering and it looks fantastic. Lots of surface parking removed and more structure parking added.

Also, if you look close to the bottom left corner, right below the future development that is directly below the existing Walmart, there is a label '80 acre city park' and I wonder if the city has plans to develop that whole park into something special.

REI, the Container Store, and Crate and Barrel I can see, though I don't see REI going into the same development as Cabela's. HHGreg is an east coast chain. OKC has Conn's which is almost identical. Fry's and Tigerdirect usually only open in big cities. Tulsa has a restoration hardware so its possible they may come to OKC. I doubt Cost Plus World Market would come here because of the alcohol laws.

I will be glad when we start to see some actual tenants announced.

I would kill for a Fry's and a World Market.

My big box vote is for Fry's and I'd love to have a Bonefish Grill and Fogo de Chao.

World Market opened in Lubbock before they could sell alcohol. They just had a larger section of the store devoted to furniture.

World Market is underrated.

They have good prices and lots of unique food items. They typically don't carry much alcohol, just a little wine and beer.

I wonder how Glimcher is handling this, given that they are moving a lot slower on their development plans...

The big problem is the short distance from exiting the turnpike and intersection. It leaves hardly any space to be able to get into the South turning lane. I think that was an oversight when they built the turnpike.

Agreed. People may end up getting off at Penn to get there if they're coming from the west, which is going to make Penn and Memorial even that much more of a busy headache. If you can't get to the South turning lane at Western, you could circle back around byt turning left onto Western, then back on Memorial going west, then turn left at Pawnee near the new Main Event, and avoid Penn, but that seems like a headache as well.

Will they open a road that's on Penn just next to Freddy's, and have it go through Chisholm Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    Will they open a road that's on Penn just next to Freddy's, and have it go through Chisholm Creek?
    yes

Looks like there is just one small stretch of road to build to Penn before all the main roads are complete.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Looks like there is just one small stretch of road to build to Penn before all the main roads are complete.
    I tested out the roads a few Saturdays ago at about 70 mph. They hadn't cleaned the roads yet of the construction/concrete dust. Was kind of cool driving my car and seeing a huge cloud of dust trailing me.

The construction site was inactive (so no workers), and there wasn't any equipment or flashy blue and red lights. So it's all good.

St. Anthony Building

12/27/2014

Here is an article by Brianna Bailey with graphics for Tract 30, the area between Cabela's and TopGolf.

New images show glimpse of Chisholm Creek development | News OK

OKC now that is f'n awesome. That is what we need more of in OKC. I would advise anyone who think this is another strip mall to check out the renderings for themselves.

They are getting very close to making some big announcements regarding Phase I.

I've heard from very reliable sources that this project has really picked up steam and is close to signing several letters of intent.

With the exception of two local restaurant chains (which will both introduce new concepts for this development) they are focusing almost exclusively on new-to-market retailers and restaurants. They have plans to accommodate 60 restaurants and bars.

The first phase with be the Tract 30 retail parcel with structured parking, along with Cabela's and TopGolf. They also plan to open a bunch of restaurants on the east side of the small lake located at the north end of the project.

Negotiations have taken place with Whole Foods (Phase II), Restoration Hardware, Crate & Barrel, as well as others. As previously reported REI will almost certainly be going to the Glimcher property at 63rd & Western.

Chisholm Creek is also pursing Del Frisco's Steahouse and Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse.

Phase II would include 450 luxury apartments with retail on the ground floor, plus much more retail and restaurants as well as tons of office space.

Phase III would be an ambitious indoor/outdoor live music venue and much more.

Phase IV would be a hotel and more.

Total investment would be in the hundreds of millions. Looks like OKC will finally get a full-fledged lifestyle center and likely two, with the Glimcher project.

25. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

What is the likelihood they pull this whole project off? Seems rather ambitious.

Thread Information