Widgets Magazine
Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1361

Thread: Chisholm Creek

1. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    typically it doesn’t make sense to judge a development based on things that aren’t built yet.

you know, because they may not be built.
    Right... It's so much easier just to jump to conclusions.

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Right... It's so much easier just to jump to conclusions.
    Tyler, is that you?!

3. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Yeah, but "able to walk" doesn't mean it's enjoyable or even easy.
    Exactly that.

I walked from Nichols Hills Plaza to Bricktown once. I didn't die, but it doesn't make OKC a walkable city.

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    Exactly that.

I walked from Nichols Hills Plaza to Bricktown once. I didn't die, but it doesn't make OKC a walkable city.
    what??? how dare you say these things!

I went to AMC quail springs today, and saw that they have a Layout of a Bar inside. Feeling the Heat from Alamo Drafthouse that's Soon to be coming?

Most theaters nowadays have bars in them. From national chains to regional/local ones. Been this way for ten plus years now. At least here in San Antonio. It’s a trend that’s been gaining steam the last few years.

AMC QS and Penn are adding bars as is Tinsletown.

I don't think I've seen it mentioned here but my wife said there is a "coming soon" sign on the lot South of Discount Tires saying Pho LIen Hoa, which is good news for Pho lovers.

She also said there is a sign for a second Mei Shi Asian restaurant, which is the new one going in the strip mall at NW 178th & Penn, in the same location. I guess they are hitting the ground running with two locations.

Pho Lien Hoa would not have been on my list of restaurants that were likely to expand out of the core lol. I wonder if this one will also be cash-only?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Pho Lien Hoa would not have been on my list of restaurants that were likely to expand out of the core lol. I wonder if this one will also be cash-only?
    I had not thought of that! LOL

Surely they wouldn't go that route in this part of town.

We really wish that Fungs would just re-open Kwans (assuming it hasn't been sold or leased out) with the Fungs menu, instead of the fusion thing. And also resume dim sum on the weekends. Szechuan Bistro is good but some variety in the area would be nice.

This is the area just south of Razoo's that will feature a desert place and a few other small shops, including Chicken Salad Chick. Slapfish had signed a lease but abruptly closed their Nichols Hills location and now seems to have pulled out of the OKC market.

Weird to see Republic closed:

13. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Am I the only one that thinks, based on that picture, that they didn't create enough parking (or the right kind)?

The garage is looking empty and the front is super full....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Weird to see Republic closed:

I would venture a guess that the only 2 restaurants that make it are Uncle Julios and Chalk.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks, based on that picture, that they didn't create enough parking (or the right kind)?

I didn't even realize there was a garage, shows you how dumb I am. Though I haven't been over there since Republic first opened, there was always parking right in front of Republic available. That was, I'm pretty sure, before the majority of the other stores were open for business, thoguh.

I always park in the garage, easier for me to get in and out of than the front I feel. Plus I like my vehicle being covered when parked!

Wouldn’t the fact that the parking garage is empty show they created more than enough parking? What would the right kind of parking be?

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Wouldn’t the fact that the parking garage is empty show they created more than enough parking? What would the right kind of parking be?
    Every single space has to be within 10 yards of the front door.

19. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

The only reason to use the garage is to access the second floor businesses easier, and even then it isn't really necessary. The idea that there isn't enough parking in Chisolm Creek is comical.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    The idea that there isn't enough parking in Chisholm Creek is comical.
    Yep.

The parking that is there, though, is designed poorly. As is pedestrian access to everything.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Yep.

The parking that is there, though, is designed poorly. As is pedestrian access to everything.
    This. There's plenty of parking, but access and design is terrible.

22. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This. There's plenty of parking, but access and design is terrible.
    When you're there it's unclear how to get from the garage to the restaurants that face the surface parking.

23. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Parking for the Razzos/Uncle Julio's crowd is definitely lacking. It's always packed around dinner time and nobody wants to walk 500+ yards from the parking garage to go to dinner, much less so in cold/rainy weather.

Blog Entries

And that little factoid is why we have so much excess parking in Downtown OKC and still so many complaints about lack of parking.

I think a lot of folks in Edmond are discovering that it's easier (and more fun) to take their Phenoms down to Dallas than it is to negotiate the Chisholm Creek parking garage.

Plus, the Uncle Julio's in Dallas is actually good.

Thread Information